Sponsored

LED Switchback for the EU Mustang - Yes it's real! (and almost plug'n'play)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Hm, with the switchbacks as DRL I think you should have the parking lights as DRLs to, so the whole bar is shining and not your a part of it.

I will use the tribars as DRL while the switchbacks are only for parking light (which luckily is also on when the headlights are on)
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Hm, with the switchbacks as DRL I think you should have the parking lights as DRLs to, so the whole bar is shining and not your a part of it.
that's one of my next mods. If you want to have the complete bar without cutting the OEM connector, you need to buy this : http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/3u2z14s411rpc

3U2Z14S411RPC.jpg

I bought this part to connect my sidemarkers and from what I saw, it's the same as for the front parking lights. So, you buy this new socket and you rewire it completely to the switchback's cables. Then, you have the entire bar lit up :thumbsup:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yeah the connector should be the same.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Eric, are you keeping the stock drl even if you have the tribar drl?
My current plan is to use the switchbacks as parking lights so they switch on when I unlock the car and produce some extra visibility when the headlights are on. Ugly stock drl has been disabled since day 1 and the tribar drl's from he who cannot be mentioned are already bright as fcuk :D

So the Osrams would only serve as fog lights. I don't actually need the Osrams since I really never use fog lights, but they look cooler than the stock fogs. One of which is slowly turning into an aquarium btw. I've actually also considered getting rid of them all together and putting in some original V6 fog delete panels.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
So the Osrams would only serve as fog lights. I don't actually need the Osrams since I really never use fog lights, but they look cooler than the stock fogs. One of which is slowly turning into an aquarium btw. I've actually also considered getting rid of them all together and putting in some original V6 fog delete panels.
Yeah I also never use fog lights but I can't keep those ugly yellowish lights, even if they are off all the time :D

It's indeed a good idea Eric, but it's not mandatory to have the front fog lights even if you never turn them on ?
Here only rear fog light is mandatory.. some cars are still sold without front fogs.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The important thing is that if a fog light is installed it has to work. Don't know how the normal Stock-Foglight is wired but with the Osram it's simple to cut the DRL light but still have the foglight working

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Or you can buy the OEM fog lights from the US 'Stangs from someone here on the forum who wants to get rid of it.

So the main advantage is that this light has a smoked lens so it's great with the black fog light bezel cover, and you can get a good price on it :thumbsup:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Yeah a set of US fog lights would be great too. If anyone knows a pair please let me know.

Sponsored

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
Hi Guys,

Just received my switchbacks from ProLedLights.nl
Can somebody explain in noob language how to connect these? I understand where the leds have to go and how to connect them, but I don't understand the connection with the parking lights...

So I don't really understand where the (2)white cables/red cable goes... (connect to parking light?) :confused:

[/IMG]

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Yes, your white wire should go to the parking light + wire.
You also have an Y extension wire (the white\red wire) to connect both together but you don't need that. Just connect the left switchback white wire to the left parking light, and the right switchback white wire to the right parking light :)

Edit: of course you can cut a white wire segment (from the Y extension wire) to help connect to parking lights!

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
Ok, makes more sense already. :D
So I actually need 2 of those Scotch block quick connectors? For each side 1 (blue connector on the picture)

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Ok, makes more sense already. :D
So I actually need 2 of those Scotch block quick connectors? For each side 1 (blue connector on the picture)
Correct! And some electrical tape, or waterproof tape.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Hm, the turning lights of my switchbacks flicker when the ignition is on. With ingnition off everything is fine. Anybody got an idea how that can be? It's only attached to parking lights and turning lights :shrug:
Sponsored