Sponsored

LED Gills Replacment 6k Temp

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium Perfomance Pack
I purchased LED halo rings for my GT, along with 6k HID bulbs to match the 6k temp of the halos and the Diode Dynamic switchback bulbs I already have. So now I will have 6k switchbacks, 6k halos, and 6k headlights...then yellowish LED Gills.

Does anyone know what temp the gills are? I'd like to find out if there are Replacment LEDs available that would match 6k temp, where to get them, and how to install? Do they need to be put in at the same time as the halos? I know on the halos the headlight needs to removed and opened up, hopefully that's not the case for the LED gills?
Sponsored

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Black Performance Package Base GT
Would be awesome to have a brighter set of gills.

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6-spd DIB
Interested in this as well...

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
I was searching around for this the other day with no luck. I think the DRLs are more a cosmetic thing than a safety thing. You see other cars with DRLs and they stand out during the day time, ours not so much. I would like them to be brighter.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really looking for brightness, looking for a matching color temperature...been calling Diode Dynamics all morning but for some reason they haven't opened yet...and it's half an hour past their usual opening time.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
We have a complete RGBW replacement boards for the 2015 factory DRL's, but professional installation is highly recommended: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...5-ford-mustang-drl-led-modules/category/1451/

The color temperature is greatly affected by the factory diffusing lens, which causes the factory DRL's to have a very purple light.

If you have any questions, please give us a call: (314) 205-3033

We will be putting videos together and adding pictures to the listing soon.

This product was designed, tested, and manufactured by our engineering team here in St. Louis

Thanks,
Nick C.

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nick, I got that LED module ordered a couple minutes ago. Gonna get the halos and the DRLs done all at once. Gonna have a full 6k temp set up in the front; switchbacks, halos, HIDs, and DRLs. Big thanks to Diode Dynamics! :D

Sponsored

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Wanna see some pics after your done man.

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a brand new product, so there's a 2-3 day delay in shipping. I think it will still be here by this weekend though, and I should be able to post up pictures of the finished product mid next week. Super excited!

Any suggestions on how to paint the internals? I've seen a few that have been completely painted black. I was also thinking of painting only the amber reflecter black. Or, painting the amber reflector black and the rest of the chrome stuff I'd paint a charcoal color just so it wouldn't look quite as "plain". Thoughts?

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
We manufacture them in-house, so there is a little bit of production time involved.

I suggest having the bezels painted, (and reflector), but I wouldn't recommend painting the diffusing lens.

It looks very sleek when you paint the bezels FWIW.

Nick C.

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We manufacture them in-house, so there is a little bit of production time involved.

I suggest having the bezels painted, (and reflector), but I wouldn't recommend painting the diffusing lens.

It looks very sleek when you paint the bezels FWIW.

Nick C.
If you have some time, could you maybe show me what you're talking about with the diffusing lens? Picture might help.

I had a brainstorm this morning that I might do the reflector a gloss black and the "bezels?" a matte black, or something like that.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
If you have some time, could you maybe show me what you're talking about with the diffusing lens? Picture might help.

I had a brainstorm this morning that I might do the reflector a gloss black and the "bezels?" a matte black, or something like that.
We may have some more photos available, please send an email to: [email protected]

Thanks!
Nick C.
Sponsored