cars, SUVs & trucks
meh... it's a base.
put the turbos on a premium

Stoughton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt
How does The LFP Hellion affect the manufacturer's warranty?
A: The LFP Hellion will not carry any warranty from the manufacturer in the event of failures caused by the installation or use of the Hellion Turbo System. There is no warranty by Lebanon Ford
But the whipple does

Q. Is there a warranty on the LFP 800 HP Mustang™
A. An optional 3 year, 36,000 mile limited supplemental power train warranty is available directly from Whipple.

OP
OP

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
But the whipple does

Q. Is there a warranty on the LFP 800 HP Mustang™
A. An optional 3 year, 36,000 mile limited supplemental power train warranty is available directly from Whipple.
I mean...if you pay enough, you can warranty anything. It would be one thing if the Whipple came with an included warranty.

I suspect that there are 3rd party companies that would love to warranty the LFP Hellion...for a price :)

Binfordtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
If you look at most performance based cars or anything driven competitively, the rest of the car is set up to handle the power.
I'm sure some will not agree with me, but this dealer-package seems completely backwards. Stock axles, tires, brakes, clutch, etc. with over 800hp is purely a "mine is bigger than yours" numbers game.

Sponsored

Stoughton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt
I mean...if you pay enough, you can warranty anything. It would be one thing if the Whipple came with an included warranty.

I suspect that there are 3rd party companies that would love to warranty the LFP Hellion...for a price :)
Valid point

The others they offer:

Q. Is there a warranty on the LFP 727 Mustang™
A. 3 year, 36,000 mile parts-only limited warranty.

Q. Is there a warranty on the LFP 670 Mustang™
A. 670 HP Phase 1 kit includes ROUSH's 3 year, 36,000 mile Power Train Warranty as well. This gives you full coverage and the peace of mind that if something goes wrong, you are covered. both warranties are honored at any Ford dealer in the nation.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
meh... it's a base.
put the turbos on a premium
Why? You can pay extra to get this for a premium if you choose, but it's not like it improves performance.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you look at most performance based cars or anything driven competitively, the rest of the car is set up to handle the power.
I'm sure some will not agree with me, but this dealer-package seems completely backwards. Stock axles, tires, brakes, clutch, etc. with over 800hp is purely a "mine is bigger than yours" numbers game.
..and your point is? ;)

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
16' DIP blue GT premium pp
The article says it will come with better oil pump gears and upgraded half shafts. That’s a pretty good start to upgrades

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Why? You can pay extra to get this for a premium if you choose, but it's not like it improves performance.
It improves the interior quality, though. ;)
Also, PP + Magneride sure as heck do improve performance in terms of braking and handling.

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
It improves the interior quality, though. ;)
Also, PP + Magneride sure as heck do improve performance in terms of braking and handling.
He said Premium, not PP lol.

Base model with PP would make some sense.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Why would it make more sense to do a base model with PP over a premium with PP? Weight and cost.

Just my opinion. If you're going all out with a twin turbo build, adding weight in the form of electronics and creature comforts doesn't seem ideal. The few thousand dollars would be better spent on supporting mods.

But hey, you can do whatever you want. I'm sure they'll build a premium for you if you're looking for that.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Why would it make more sense to do a base model with PP over a premium with PP? Weight and cost.

Just my opinion. If you're going all out with a twin turbo build, adding weight in the form of electronics and creature comforts doesn't seem ideal. The few thousand dollars would be better spent on supporting mods.

But hey, you can do whatever you want. I'm sure they'll build a premium for you if you're looking for that.
Leather and a larger infotainment screen adds performance hindering weight?
Sponsored