Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I'd really like to see someone try and handle 550 WHP on a base GT suspension and tire combo.

I'd also like to see them survive the situation.
they sell them everyday stock with roush blower on it...
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
It not hard to make big power. The problem is all the supporting mods that are really essential. Upgraded brakes/tires/suspension etc. None are included. You can get the upgraded 1/2 shafts but it you are going to get even the base Hellion build you really need to consider doing supporting upgrades. I'm also betting turning this thing up to 1200 HP on stock internals will give the motor a VERY short life.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm simply saying it's not wise to add roughly 150 WHP and WTQ to a car that already has traction issues with 380 WHP..
wise is boring. Someone has to generate the youtube videos. Stock power isn't enough.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
it only has traction issues in normal daily driving if you A. drive like an asshole or B. pay for a lot of gas because you suck all the gas up by keeping your foot in it. C. you are an idiot who turns traction control off on public roads or just an idiot who doesn't know the limits and minimum inputs needed to not be an idiot. D. have no regards for self control. list could go on. track of course is a different story.

Sponsored

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT, 2016 S550 EB
Lol it's capable 1200hp but unless you upgrade the internals, the engine will probably put out 1200hp once.
This. Fucking stupid jalopnik. Car talk for posers.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
550 whp is not bad for $45k. Where else can you get that for $45k? Not impressed that Hellion is not warranty'ing the turbo kit. They should stand behind their product.
You can easily get 550 whp for a lot less than $45K.

It is odd there is no warranty on the kit itself.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I thought that in some states its against the law to sell cars with dealer (not factory) modifications before the car is sold?

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I'm curious how the fit and finish will be. Even Hellion in their almighty reputation don't have a clean record for fitment issues. It's a turbo car after all. Unless it has Ford or VW stamped on the turbo I don't ever expect a turn key Turbo car. Lets all pay 50k for a head ache.

At least with whipple I know it's reliable and I don't have to worry about piping bends being off by a few degrees that accumulate to an overall disaster.

No thanks.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
This opens up a lot of liability issues with the dealerships. I'm pretty sure Ford advises against it but it's still probably open to the dealer to decide but if they get fucked Ford most likely will say it's all on you, we warned you and you are not getting help from us.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Omega, I will be eagerly awaiting your impressions of your 727 HP beast.
Me too! I am plan on making some vids of it as well, the delivery, immediate impressions etc.

I kicked it around a LOT and talked to a few guys on this forum who have worked with Leb ford on 670 and 727 hp mustangs.

Waiting on the VIN right now. I figured why get a base car... when I do have to drive to the office its about 70 miles 1 way. I want to enjoy being in the car and the power. :headbang:

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Lol it's capable 1200hp but unless you upgrade the internals, the engine will probably put out 1200hp once.
I actually got into an arguement with some idiot about this. The guy thinks this magical twin turbo coyote is just going to make 1200 driving down the road. I'm telling him even assuming the internals are built (they arent), youre not getting anywhere near that on 93 pump gas. guy tells me you dont need higher octane... what?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This opens up a lot of liability issues with the dealerships. I'm pretty sure Ford advises against it but it's still probably open to the dealer to decide but if they get fucked Ford most likely will say it's all on you, we warned you and you are not getting help from us.
As long as they cover their ass with paperwork, the dealership has nothing to worry about.
Sponsored