lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Hi All,

I was searching owners manual, Internet and this forum but couldn't find answer to my question. If this was posted, please point me to this thread.
My question is, what combination of materials Leather-trimmed sport seats made of? Based on this I determine how and what product should I use for cleaning these seats. Appreciate you answers in advance.
seats.jpg
seats-reat.jpg
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I use Garoits leather cleaner and conditioner.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Interesting question. The synthetic fabrics used today are pretty tough materials.
As you know, the manual doesnā€™t tell you what the material is. It Just tells you to use the Ford upholstery and carpet cleaner which is very generic. I always try the most mild or watered down version of whatever Iā€™m using first, then step it up if necessary. Iā€™m sure a quality upholstery cleaner will do you fine. Do you have a stain youā€™re looking to remove?
I guess Iā€™ve been pretty lucky because I donā€™t drink anything but water in my cars. Iā€™m not a coffee drinker on my way to work kind of guy.

OP
OP
lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Interesting question. The synthetic fabrics used today are pretty tough materials.
As you know, the manual doesnā€™t tell you what the material is. It Just tells you to use the Ford upholstery and carpet cleaner which is very generic. I always try the most mild or watered down version of whatever Iā€™m using first, then step it up if necessary. Iā€™m sure a quality upholstery cleaner will do you fine. Do you have a stain youā€™re looking to remove?
I guess Iā€™ve been pretty lucky because I donā€™t drink anything but water in my cars. Iā€™m not a coffee drinker on my way to work kind of guy.
Thanks! No stains or dirt on the seats so far. I'm inquiring for the regular cleaning. I understand that these seats made of alcantara and leather. But don't know if the leather is a "real" one. For alcantara there is a good product SONAX Xtreme Upholstery Alcantara Cleaner.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
No, not real alcantara but I believe the steering wheel is and SONAX works well on that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
No, not real alcantara but I believe the steering wheel is and SONAX works well on that.
So, the gray center suede like material is not an alcantara but sort of synthetic fabric? If so then Sonax should work on those too.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Actually, watching this is how I discovered the differences between real and fake Alcantara.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
The material is basically polyester and polyurethane....plastic. It should not absorb stains. However, body oils and sweat will build up and mat the nap. Leather cleaner and conditioner is appropriate for the seat bolsters. For the pseudo suede, addressing the oils we deposit to it is the primary cleaning. A simple mix of warm water and Dawn is what I have used. It works well on the steering wheel where our hands deposit the most oils. A damp cloth to wipe out stains and oils should suffice. After drying and a brushing will return the nap of the material like new.

Some people seem to feel this material needs the products and treatments used to restore the Mona Lisa. It is synthetic polyester....purposefully to be durable and easy to maintain. Don't overthink it. Don't overspend.
Sponsored