Sponsored

Leather trim for panels around cup holders

prash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Mustang GT
Hey guys,

anyone aware of leather trim for panels around the cup holders ?
I am getting annoyed with the squeak noises and want to make it squeak proof.
any other suggestions to make it not squeak ?

-Prash

PS: i went to the dealer to get this sorted out. it was gone for a day or two after they fixed it but i started hearing it again.
Sponsored

BamBam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Are you talking about the center console? I was curious about finding an upholstery shop to wrap it in leather or vinyl (not the sticker vinyl, but the fake leather vinyl) to make the interior less cheap looking/feeling. But I haven't bought a S550 yet.

Wouldn't hurt to take it by an upholstery shop and see what they say.

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Are you talking about the center console? I was curious about finding an upholstery shop to wrap it in leather or vinyl (not the sticker vinyl, but the fake leather vinyl) to make the interior less cheap looking/feeling. But I haven't bought a S550 yet.

Wouldn't hurt to take it by an upholstery shop and see what they say.
I would love to do this as well. I know the Rocket S550 had their console leather trimmed but I'm not sure if they didn't have to do some fabbing to get theirs to look right. In any case, any info would be great.

My local shop wants to charge 300 before material costs for just the cup holder area alone. They haven't even looked at my vehicle, all they know is that its a mustang. Way too much for me to risk it.

BamBam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
I would love to do this as well. I know the Rocket S550 had their console leather trimmed but I'm not sure if they didn't have to do some fabbing to get theirs to look right. In any case, any info would be great.

My local shop wants to charge 300 before material costs for just the cup holder area alone. They haven't even looked at my vehicle, all they know is that its a mustang. Way too much for me to risk it.
The cupholder area is 1 solid piece, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard for any skilled shop to spray adhesive on it and wrapping it in leather or vinyl and cutting it to fit. I'd imagine the only hard part would be making the chrome trim pieces around the shifter and cup holders to fit properly.

You can always look around for other shops and take the car to them, they would get a better visual idea of how much it would run... I don't think material would cost that much.

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
The cupholder area is 1 solid piece, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard for any skilled shop to spray adhesive on it and wrapping it in leather or vinyl and cutting it to fit. I'd imagine the only hard part would be making the chrome trim pieces around the shifter and cup holders to fit properly.

You can always look around for other shops and take the car to them, they would get a better visual idea of how much it would run... I don't think material would cost that much.
Yeah, I definitely did. The next closest pro shop is in St Louis, and they wont give me an estimate before looking at the vehicle in person. They definitely made me feel better about taking it to them than my local, but I'll have to wait for a convenient time to drive up there.

Maybe I'll have them look at it when I have retro shop paint my headlight housing for my DRL board install.

Sponsored

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Leather would be tough I think. I saw one done in Alcantara which came out really nice by jpm coach works. Leather is harder due to shape of the center console.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
I originally wanted to do leather on the center console, but there are a few issues with this. Leather shrinks over time and this could be a problem on the corners and edges... also, leather is very thick and the console fitment is way too tight. There's a synthetic leather that I tried with Joe at JPM, but even that was too thick to fit the chrome trim rings back through properly. You can, of course, grind it out a bit. I opted for alcantara instead.

OP
OP

prash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Mustang GT
so from these replies I see there is no leather options available.
What are the other ways to get rid of the squeak noise?

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
i'm not sure which parts you're talking about, but i've used very thin flocking tape for panels that have been squeaking. When placed where they contact each other it eliminates the squeak and isn't visible.
Sponsored