Sponsored

Least Favorite thing on your S550

number 6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Disengages the cruse control, can't you read ?
That doesn't change the fact that you may park your car after having the CC set at 75mph,
and you wife gets in the car the next day and is tooling around at 25 mph and accidentally hits the Resume button and the car accelerating towards 75 very quickly, surprising the heck out of her and possibly causing an accident. Yes, she will probably go for the brake peddle pretty quickly, but between that gap, a possible accident may occur.
Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
That doesn't change the fact that you may park your car after having the CC set at 75mph,
and you wife gets in the car the next day and is tooling around at 25 mph and accidentally hits the Resume button and the car accelerating towards 75 very quickly, surprising the heck out of her and possibly causing an accident. Yes, she will probably go for the brake peddle pretty quickly, but between that gap, a possible accident may occur.
No that won't happen. When you touch the brake or turn the engine off, the CC will be disengaged. You will have to hit set again to re-engage it... Bruce

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think he meant when you turn off the engine, cruise speed should reset to zero, but cruise control should remain on, so you don't have to turn it on every time. I personally prefer to turn it on if I need it... but I see his point that it's not really necessary, without changing the way it works now, except having to turn it on every time. Finally, even the way it is now, I don't think you can resume cruise (the non-adaptive one) with a speed differential greater than 20 or so. And even if it does, it's easy to program so it doesn't, in case there wasn't an on/off switch anymore. Similar to what Ford did with the clutch cruise switch (it was eliminated without any drawbacks).

number 6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think he meant when you turn off the engine, cruise speed should reset to zero, but cruise control should remain on, so you don't have to turn it on every time. I personally prefer to turn it on if I need it... but I see his point that it's not really necessary, without changing the way it works now, except having to turn it on every time. Finally, even the way it is now, I don't think you can resume cruise (the non-adaptive one) with a speed differential greater than 20 or so. And even if it does, it's easy to program so it doesn't, in case there wasn't an on/off switch anymore. Similar to what Ford did with the clutch cruise switch (it was eliminated without any drawbacks).
Thanks for explanation JC.
I don't think I've ever had a car where the CC didn't completely turn off with the ignition.
But I have had some BMW's where it was a one lever push to activate/set cruise.
Which is what I suppose they're asking for.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
May just be me and surprised nobody has mentioned the small gas tank. That has to be my least favorite thing. Especially in the V8 cars a 16 gallon tank is woefully small. I’d have been content with 20. Love the car anyway though.

Sponsored

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I completely agree about the gas tank size, but in Track Mode (default for me) it does drink more for obvious reasons. Our 2019 Bullitt luckily has decent body fitment and no serious paint flaws as delivered. My complaint is, and I thought long and hard about this is the lack of sensors in the front bumper for parking. I guess the 2017 Explorer Sport we have really ruined that for us. I can live with the manual seat adjustment with the Recaros, the mirrors lacking 1 & 2 user memory but man, some sensors on that front end would be a major improvement. I think Ford REALLY got so much RIGHT with this Bullitt and it never ceases to bring a smile to my face, driving it. I understand that you cannot compare an SUV to a sports car but at this price point the things I mentioned would be very nice. One oil change down with full synthetic and so far no ticks or noises beyond the injectors and other busy valvetrain parts. The wife commented that the rev matching tends to make people around you think that you want to race or something, but we like it.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
May just be me and surprised nobody has mentioned the small gas tank.
I think I did early on. It was a big detraction for me, but bought it anyway. You have to stop for gas almost like a freaking motorcycle. I understand space is limited, but I don't see an issue with the tanks (it's a saddle type) having 2 gallons more (1 on each side). That would have made it at least acceptable with 18. Oh well.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
My gripe is I wish it remembered the seat rake after you release the seat to reach into the back seat. When I put the seat back I'm always a notch off and have to reach for the lever while I'm driving to fix it. The other thing is the angle the rear window makes with the shelf is so acute I can't even get my hand in to clean the inside of the rear window.

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My gripe is I wish it remembered the seat rake after you release the seat to reach into the back seat. When I put the seat back I'm always a notch off and have to reach for the lever while I'm driving to fix it. The other thing is the angle the rear window makes with the shelf is so acute I can't even get my hand in to clean the inside of the rear window.
Recaros? Mine always retains the exact position.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
No Recaros Maybe I'm not releasing the seat back properly, I'll have to check.

Sponsored

number 6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No Recaros Maybe I'm not releasing the seat back properly, I'll have to check.
In the back of the seat, a few inches under the headrest, there's a small square lever.
Pull up on that to release the front seat, then it will return to the same position.
It seems to help if you apply slight pressure on the seat backwards, to help release the lever.
Ingenious.

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As other have mentioned I feel the paint chips ridiculously easy...
I got ceramic coated immediately after getting it and babied it garage kept (daily driver duty nonetheless, only in city never on highway)
And I have like 4 pretty weird and significant paint chips in weird spots.

I also dislike the plastic rear decklid that scratches when you look at it. Looks cool in black but my OCD goes crazy when looking closer at it.

Other than that, power/drivetrain is legit no complaints there.

Hemibaby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt DHG, 2012 Charger SRT8, BLK/RED, cold air, hyperchip, Borla.
Well... paint, body fit, is absolutely perfect! I have Zero, Nada, Dick, Squat, Nuttin’.... nothing but perfection! It’s a super ride, handling, sound etc... I musta got a good one! No rattles, squeeks, groans, smells! Stero is Killer.. I Paint Corrected when new and Ceramic coated it! The Metallic and blur pearl in this DHG finish is outstanding! Over 9,000 miles of great driving and not even a rock chip!!! I use Mr Cleans Magic Eraser for the inside of my Windows... absolutely crystal clear!! Feel sorry for y’all...really!!
3F574D61-3890-4B7B-AEE7-7924054405FC.jpeg
really nice!
Especially the wheels. Where did you get them?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG