Least Favorite thing on your S550

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Nobody knows for sure, and of course Ford doesn't say; just that it's 'normal'. The good news is if you have the exhaust in any mode except quiet, and/or the stereo on, you can hardly hear it, or not at all. But it reportedly can be easily heard outside the car, but not sure if with the exhaust in a non-quiet mode or not. And if just when engine is cold, or hot too. I'll find out when I can drive with the windows open again.
Yeah now I'm listening for it lol. On occasion when going through a toll booth I can hear a fairly prominent tap tap at idle and just above then it goes away. I just chalked it up to four cams 32 valves lots of stuff rolling around in there. FYI I only run sport mode so it will probably never bug me.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Some of you guys are talking about the 'tick' too, which is mostly heard at idle. The 2K rattle starts at 2K rpm, and lasts to almost 3K. I had to run some very nice twisty roads in freaking quiet mode and stereo off because my wife fell asleep, and the 2K rattle was annoying as hell. I was surprised, since it was supposed to be mostly a cold engine issue, but nope. This was with windows closed, of course. I ran that same road with window open and in sport exhaust mode, and the engine sounded awesome. Didn't hear the damn rattle at all... but I was above 3K rpm, therefore not present.

My car doesn't tick at idle yet, so no issues there... but hope it stays that way. The first milestone is the first oil change, which will happen next week, when I get the Steeda stuff, so I don't have to put the car on ramps twice in a week.

number 6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Right, I've heard the Tick can start after the first oil change, so I used the same brand and weight as the original oil.
No Tick so far in 800 miles, since first change.

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Personally I think the build quality of the S550 is the worst thing, front bumper cover alignment issues, rattles on the inside, various bits of interior plastic trim not fitted correctly, rear seat cushions, the list is endless and pretty unacceptable on a brand new car.

Also as other have said, not a fan of the long gearing, I honestly think my 2010 GT, was better built and in many ways more fun to drive, not as quick, and not as well equipped, but more fun.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - It is interesting, but not completely surprising, that there are such extreme variations among the vehicles produced. Of course this type of forum doesn't provide any statistical analysis, so we really don't know if the problems are wide spread or statistically significant. There are also lots of variables with regard to who participates in a forum like this - example: people with issues vs. those without issues. Unfortunately if you have a car with problems, stats are of little solace. While driving behavior could vary dramatically, a car like this should be relatively immune to "Normal" hard driving. Outright abuse is another story and those instances belong on "true car confessions". We all have different expectations and preferences. For instance, I love my memory seat and how the seat moves way back to aid easy exit and entry at age 78, as opposed to post #26. I'm in my second driving season with only 7,000 miles so far and I'm am pretty easy on the car. I followed the recommended break-in procedure, use the standard issue oil, filter, air cleaner, etc and only use top tier 93 Octane fuel. I've made no modifications. The car runs like a top with no questionable engine noises or problems of any kind - so far. To those with bad experiences, you have my empathy... Bruce

P.S. I actually prefer the tall gearing - 2nd & 3rd gears are a hoot.

Last edited:

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
"The Rattle" just started for me yesterday with about 7,200 miles on it. Totally out of the blue. Only the 3rd time my wife drove the car, so totally blaming her for cursing it. Seemed like it got better after it warmed up, but was still faintly there. Not sure about the RPMs but she did drive the whole time in normal mode so 2-3K would seem about right. Seemed like it was coming from, or at least transferring the vibration through the center tunnel between the seats. I could put my hand on it and feel the pulsation which was constant and consistent. I've had the occasional vibration from the left A pillar speaker, but I just push on it and it goes away. This is different and seems drive line related. I'll drive it some more and if it continues, I'll take it to my local Ford dealer (which I have not engaged at all yet) and see how they are. It's a smaller town, so perhaps they will be more inclined to work with me, if there is anything they can do. It was not happening before, so I just can't see how it is quote normal. If it was, all cars would do it and from day one. "Something" has happened. Was going to see about a transmission re-flash / check of the trans fluid level anyway, so hopefully I get one of the good dealers out there and not one of the dicky ones.

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Not being able to disengage the cruise control by pressing the clutch pedal. I could do it in my 2015 GT; not sure what Ford changed it

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Not being able to configure engine settings in MyMode. I would like to have Sport+ engine and exhaust with comfort steering.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not being able to disengage the cruise control by pressing the clutch pedal.
That's what I was fearing, since there's no freaking clutch cruise switch on the clutch pedal anymore. The little rubber pad that depresses the plunger is there, but the switch is not. So what happens? The engine bounces against the rev limiter? I was also stumped by it, since I didn't see a rheostat switch that could replace the missing cruise switch, to the ECU knows where the clutch pedal is. The only clutch switch is at the bottom of the pedal travel, to be able to start the engine.

You have a 2019 Bullitt, which is exactly what I have, so no need to do that experiment myself anymore. Ha ha. I was going to do it downhill, and slow, so the engine didn't race to redline. I assume cruise would cut off as speed declines above an 'x' amount under the set one, but could take several seconds. Please let us know exactly what behavior you noticed. Thank you.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Well... paint, body fit, is absolutely perfect! I have Zero, Nada, Dick, Squat, Nuttin’.... nothing but perfection! It’s a super ride, handling, sound etc... I musta got a good one! No rattles, squeeks, groans, smells! Stero is Killer.. I Paint Corrected when new and Ceramic coated it! The Metallic and blur pearl in this DHG finish is outstanding! Over 9,000 miles of great driving and not even a rock chip!!! I use Mr Cleans Magic Eraser for the inside of my Windows... absolutely crystal clear!! Feel sorry for y’all...really!!
3F574D61-3890-4B7B-AEE7-7924054405FC.jpeg

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Well... paint, body fit, is absolutely perfect! I have Zero, Nada, Dick, Squat, Nuttin’.... nothing but perfection! It’s a super ride, handling, sound etc... I musta got a good one! No rattles, squeeks, groans, smells! Stero is Killer.. I Paint Corrected when new and Ceramic coated it! The Metallic and blur pearl in this DHG finish is outstanding! Over 9,000 miles of great driving and not even a rock chip!!! I use Mr Cleans Magic Eraser for the inside of my Windows... absolutely crystal clear!! Feel sorry for y’all...really!!
3F574D61-3890-4B7B-AEE7-7924054405FC.jpeg
Still not clear how you made the center caps. Would you mind elaborating a little more? Please?..

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I had stickers made...these are on my 20” wheels..I did do a set for my BULLITT wheels in Black/white! I just used a local shop I’ve used before. Here they are in Black... View attachment 502860
F287CCE0-7FBF-40FB-A482-2262FE0486FF.jpeg
95B5E45E-C2A0-4DA8-888F-72F17D6F7B11.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
My least favorite is almost a kudo to the car, my older s197’s I have owned felt more exciting despite being much much slower. The Bullitt is undoubtedly faster and much more capable but the 4 or whatever s197’s I have owned just felt more on edge probably because the chassis wasn’t as planted and the suspension wasn’t as good.
^^
Quoting 1 of the best professional drivers Iever knew & built cars for over the yrs.
He said once to me when I asked him,

" how it felt?"

on his record setting (both ends) of ET & MPH pass... @ a NHRA National Event in ProStock.
Quote;
* The quickest & fastest passes Ive always noticed are also the smoothest runs. If it "Feels" real fast. Its usually off a few hundredths or more.. If its a pass so smooth its nearly boring..
Its Probably 1 of the qwikest runs the car has ever made. So I can usually tell my guys before they tell me if it was a great run.

Thats what I know about the difference between ET & mph hits from a guy who could tape together the boxes the parts all come in for a race car. & still qualify in the bottom half of the field. Thats in the boxes.. Not using the parts..
( j/k) sorta...
So yeah. Cars that feel really qwik can be a disappointment @times when u get the
Et & mph #'s in hand.

The reason steering wheels today in aftermarket have the yellow strip sew into them,
like the Grant GT brand steering wheels..
would hav taken much longer to arrive...
As it Was cuz this SAME bad azz Driver was the Cat who " invented " the idea of a yellow strip/ or pcs of tape bout 1/2" wide....
around his Pro Stk car's steering whl..
@ dead a straight forward pointing tire position.
( aka- 12 o'clock on wheel)
& did it on every car he drove..
long before it was "A Normal Thing" by the aftermarket & all racers who copied the idea..

To establish true & perfectly straight pointed tire path via steering wheel both when not moving and somewhat sideways in 3rd gear coming off the concrete transition @times.. lol

Its actually a much more complicated topic than what ive stated here.
But nobody likes long posts.
so i skip it all as too wjy beyond what seems to be the obvious.

Enjoy the new Bullitt. I know we enjoy ours.
'Best lookin Horse in the glue factory'

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Not being able to disengage the cruise control by pressing the clutch pedal. I could do it in my 2015 GT; not sure what Ford changed it
Hi - The cruise control issue was perplexing to me as well and certainly not what I had experienced previously. It would be nice if a Ford engineer could give us the reasoning. I could see a scenario where you want to keep a steady speed on a road where there are some fairly steep inclines and declines requiring downshifting a gear on the way up and the the reverse on the way down. If you're only going up or down by one gear and not at high rpms, having to not tap resume each time would be convenient. An automatic transmission does that automatically without disengaging the cruise control so I suppose why not for us. Overall however, I think I would prefer to have it function with the clutch and brake but I admit I only recently noticed this issue and I'm in my second season of driving. So, I must be instinctively tapping the brake or simply not noticing. It's weird when you suddenly realize something like this and wonder how you could have gone all this time without noticing. I think it shows how much of our driving practices are instinctive and done without purposeful thought - a little scary, huh? Bruce
Sponsored