Sponsored

Least Favorite thing on your S550

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
This is more related to the S550 Mustang in General, but as I have a Bullitt, figured I'd put this here.

I'm completely new to Mustangs (still adjusting to the reality) but overall, I am very impressed and pleased with my Bullitt and think that Ford has done a great job overall. There are a few things that bug me like the blocked off vents in the lower bumper, and lack of interior lighting, but there is one thing that bugs me most.

The thing that bugs me most is the LED shark fin light bars in the headlight housings. IMO, it takes away from any sort of classic look to the front of the car and says nothing about Mustang. I'd prefer a single round light in the housing, or maybe two on each side. The triple light bars take away from the classic look.
I've always like the triple bars in my 2018 GT headlights.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I like the long gearing, but if I were 25, I'd want shorter. Is perfect for how I drive.

The B&O audio is marginal. Has anyone faded to rear speakers only? Sounds like garbage IMO, but the front and sub has a very nice sound. BTW, best I can find is 10 or 11, where are the 12? 3 in each door, one or two in the center dash, two on the rear deck and the sub. If only one in the center dash, them missing two. If one, then where is the last?

As for the paint, I agree, it feels rather thin like most modern paint jobs. Damn environmentalists..............

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
For 50k plus I'd think they could put on some nice double walled tips.
Indeed. At least on the optional AE system. Can't just slide proper tips over them, so we're stuck with those cheap-looking mufflers. Oh, and why not paint at least the visible part black? I'll have to do that, since they just look like cheap crap :).

BTW, best I can find is 10
Yep, 3 on each front door/A-pillar, 1 in the center (and a crappy one at that), 1 sub, and the 2 rear ones (also Chinese crap). As always, manufacturers cheat by counting a coaxial speaker as 2 (give me a f***ing break), so probably the crappy ones at the rear are coaxial, hence '12'. And same thing with the watts; they always claim a gazillion, but there're a lot less RMS... and even less than that without distortion.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sorry to hear that. Hey, what kind of tools do you need to do that? In case it ever happens to my car. Did you replace it with a stock bearing? If they go out so early, aren't they crap, or what's the issue? You're probably the 10th person I read had bearings going bad very early on. Thx.

As far as the paint, I'm actually pleasantly surprised with it. On the way home from dealer, with barely any miles, a dump truck overloaded with gravel pulled right in front of me, dumping a crapload right on my lane. Couldn't avoid it, as I had traffic behind me, and couldn't slam on the brakes. Sounded horrible. Similar thing happened with my ex M3 V8, and had to repaint the bumper. On the Bullitt, it had minimal damage, and also to my surprise, my car doesn't have a light primer, making chips glaringly obvious. I haven't touched them up yet, and they're hardly visible. Oh, and just 1 small chip on the windshield that doesn't require fixing. We'll see as miles pile on, but so far I'm happy with the paint. And also with the tranny; it has the perfect ratios IMO, since it's a street car.
I'd bet the Bullitt model has a better paint than the rest of the cars in terms of how its laid and the quality.

What does it being a mustang have to do with the exhaust tips being cheap cut off pipe. For 50k plus I'd think they could put on some nice double walled tips. Just my 2 cents on it. In the end I didn't have to buy the car if it really bothered me, but I did so here i am still not liking them. And if I didn't have active exhaust the would have been changed out already. Oh well.
I actually think they look nice, they're a decent quality stainless and easy to keep polished and gleaming.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I'd bet the Bullitt model has a better paint than the rest of the cars in terms of how its laid and the quality.

I actually think they look nice, they're a decent quality stainless and easy to keep polished and gleaming.
I have the active exhaust and mine are just slightly polished sawed off pipe. They didnt even smooth the edges off where they cut them.

Sponsored

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've been avoiding this thread because basically my car is perfect. I'm like Ivory soap, 99.44% satisfied with the way it is, I'm not looking to change or modify anything. Having said that, I wish the passenger seat would slide forward faster to allow easier entry into the back seat. No, we don't have young children to put back there, but when another couple asks for a ride the time spent waiting for the power seats to slide back and forth is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The awful blue (everything is blue) on Sync3.4... but I fixed it today :D. Kept the pony animation, but with Lincoln gray instead. MUCH better. Oh, and also HATE the fact you cannot turn the stupid map lights off when opening the doors, like basically every other car on the planet. Oh well. They can be turned off permanently, but don't want that either.

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
I've been avoiding this thread because basically my car is perfect. I'm like Ivory soap, 99.44% satisfied with the way it is, I'm not looking to change or modify anything. .
im with you.... why do i even waste my time with these rant threads? as i expressed in my previous post on this thread: My car is awesome! i’ll stick to the technical topic threads. I’m out.

Sponsored

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Least favorite things are the super long gears (cured with 4.88s, so much better) and the stupid auto driver seat back thing. I HATE how the seat goes back every time. Any way to disable it??

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Are you referring to the seat moving back when you turn the car off? If yes, there should be an option in the console menus. I think it is called easy exit or something like that...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yep, go to the settings menu (button with the 2 gears on the steering wheel), and you can disable 'easy entry/exit' there by unchecking the box. I'd enable it if the seat moved forward until door was closed, but it's with the ignition, so turned it off. It's a bit tight to lever myself into the car, but can do it fine. I'm thin with no belly, but the steering wheel is a bit on the way, and the seat doesn't go down low enough. But overall the seating position is not as bad as I thought it was going to be, so all is well :).

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
My paint is terrible, 5k miles on the car, 8 chips on the front. 2 on the driver door. Dust/sand under the paint in 2 spots, enough that it pushes up the paint. Weird crackle looking spot on the hood lip. Never tailgate anyone and rarely even take it on the highway. All of my mexico runs are in rural areas, so I guess bugs can chip our paint. Just ordered Dr. Colorchip kit.

2k rattle is annoying, even if Ford says its fine, it's loud and turns as many heads as my active exhaust. Pulling into a car show and everyone thinks my engine is shot. Had the bbq tick also, ceratec got rid of that at least.

Faded cheap exhaust tips, "upgraded" active exhaust and a Bullitt, still junk tips.

Poor panel alignment. My deck lid is almost 1/2" off on the driver side, and flush on the passenger, so its warped. Took it to the dealer and they said it was within the specs and nothing they can do. I've tried to adjust everything, even removed the hinge and tried to realign.

Car will be in the for sale section as soon as I get the title back from my refi. And yeah, I'm salty about it.

My 2017 GT at 7k miles when sold had 1 chip on the bumper, and zero other issues. Hell the paint on my '04 GT with 23k miles was in better shape than the Bullitt.
What exactly is this 2k rattle everyone's talking about? Is it upper valvetrain noise? Is Ford addressing the issue?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Nobody knows for sure, and of course Ford doesn't say; just that it's 'normal'. The good news is if you have the exhaust in any mode except quiet, and/or the stereo on, you can hardly hear it, or not at all. But it reportedly can be easily heard outside the car, but not sure if with the exhaust in a non-quiet mode or not. And if just when engine is cold, or hot too. I'll find out when I can drive with the windows open again.
Sponsored