Leaking coolant near the back of the engine

Pvklol17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pavlo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
So I have a vmp gen3 supercharger on my 2017 mustang gt manual. Only making 650whp on just 11lb of boost. I noticed this morning there was a small puddle of engine coolant on the ground and so I jacked the car up and looked underneath and see some cracks at the back of the engine block and I see coolant seeping out of those cracks. Car has 40k miles and just put on the supercharger 2k miles ago. I’m really curious as to why the engine block formed a crack and is leaking coolant. Anyone else had this happen to them and what are the odds of ford putting in a new shortblock under warranty? Yes I know even with the supercharger on the car. Car still drives perfectly fine just leaks coolant.
A362BEBD-BC9C-48F1-8182-41D1C1F9DCA8.jpeg
AEDAA537-7120-49B8-A2CA-6AFCD3A1873D.jpeg
22DE5853-724B-4B50-AC4C-69770E3BB0EF.jpeg
D74838C4-CD53-4A30-BB82-F0FB8B308BCB.jpeg
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Holy crap!

What do the bolts in the pics hold? Have they ever been off? Any accident history on the car? Is there any stress in this area?

OP
OP
Pvklol17

Pvklol17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pavlo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Holy crap!

What do the bolts in the pics hold? Have they ever been off? Any accident history on the car? Is there any stress in this area?
Not sure what some of the bolts hold but the ones where the bolts are in a black piece that is the oil pan. No accident history on car I bought it at 20k miles and it was completely stock. Not sure what would cause stress exhaust has stock manifolds with just cat deletes and a awe touring catback and everything else is stock besides the blower.

gstboy69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
5.0 2018
So sorry my friend about that.I think you needed change your block!!!! Or fill with epoxy this hole!!!!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
My best guess is that the transmission was separated from the motor for repairs and who ever put them back together didn't have everything lined up correctly before they tightened everything up. If it was never apart than it was put together wrong at the factory or the casting itself had a defect in it and adding some extra ponies finished it off! Either way, good luck!

Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Sheeeeeet, I would be worried if this was my ride. You need to get the looked into asap.

OP
OP
Pvklol17

Pvklol17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pavlo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
My best guess is that the transmission was separated from the motor for repairs and who ever put them back together didn't have everything lined up correctly before they tightened everything up. If it was never apart than it was put together wrong at the factory or the casting itself had a defect in it and adding some extra ponies finished it off! Either way, good luck!
Thanks I really got my fingers crossed hopefully they warranty it because I really don’t want to buy a gen 2 shortblock right now lol

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
There isn't coolant that far down in the block... Which probably means there are more cracks.. Something traumatic happened to that poor car.

BadYote77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang / 2017 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
you said that you had bad vibration due to a lose bolt on the drive shaft. I wonder if that vibration was bad enough to cause the stress on the block at the trans mounting points. So sorry to see this happen. Keep us up to date. And why you leave the group????
Sponsored