Sponsored

Leaked GT500 Pics and specs from dealer meeting today!

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Hate it and love it. Hate that front end, love that my GT350 looks much better. Vanity tag should be JSTANMBR pronounced "just a number" related to it's HP of course, lol.
Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
My plain ol black '15 pp gt looks so much better to me right now haha ...but gosh the commercial last year on the new gt500 looked more exciting than this.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Argh... a step forward close to 800 HP
A step back, no DCT.
A step back doesn't look better than a GT350.

Leaves me with a hard choice coming up. Torque converter Auto on a road course, No Bueno for me.

Buying the manual, which will probably be a second slower in the 1/4 than the 10 speed is no bueno, when that's the main thing it should do better than a GT350.
Surprising that people are believing no DCT as gospel. It's unlikely to be true.
Not gospel, just what I was told. 10 speed automatic as an option. Do you know anyone who was invited to the dealer only reveal?

Hey, I'm hoping that part is inaccurate because I actually like the idea of a DCT.
What’s the appeal of a DCT over a 10AT? Most people I know who “prefer” a DCT to an automatic prefer it based on faster shift speed. The 10AT in the ZL1 shifts faster than Porsche PDK. I would hope that Ford’s version would do the same. So if the 10AT shifts faster than a DCT, why the disappointment about it possibly not being a DCT?

By the way, I put “prefer” in parentheses because the people I know who swear by DCTs don’t actually have cars with DCTs and the three people I know that have cars with DCTs hate them. One just got rid of his DCT equipped vehicle.

Wretched

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grocery Getter
I like it, looks the business without going overboard.
If they offered these things in Australia they would sell like hotcakes.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
If the GT500 does not get the DCT now, it may get it in the future. I thing the new GT500 will look wicked on the street. With the changes Ford has made to the Mustang body for the GT500 , it will not look dated.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
It's more important that it has usable horsepower than to just hit a number for marketing purposes.
Why? What would be the point? It's not streetable power. Just a penis measuring number in my opinion.
I'll take a larger penis, in that case!
Not really true in my opinion. Burnouts and HP bragging are big parts of the use case for this car AFAIK.
While I agree the usable power is far more important to those that do buy this, the marketing hype is far more important to get those buyers interested. It will be a a while before the press gets the cars to get the numbers so the hype is all that matters till then. If you can make 780-790 you can certainly make 800.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
Without a doubt, the new GT500 will be the quickest and most powerful production mustang ever built! Without a doubt, the GT350 will be the best looking production mustang ever built!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I didn't read all of this but all I have to say is - thank god I haven't sold my R.
the GT500 may be faster in every facet but it will also be some 400 lbs heavier, which im certain will hinder its driving enjoyment. we are also not sure that it will even come with a manual transmission.
Even if I get this GT500, I have a good feeling the 350R will still be my car of choice. Up until i drive it, I wont know that for sure, we'll see.
Looking forward to hearing how she drives from the first ones to give her a go

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
the GT500 may be faster in every facet but it will also be some 400 lbs heavier, which im certain will hinder its driving enjoyment. we are also not sure that it will even come with a manual transmission.
Even if I get this GT500, I have a good feeling the 350R will still be my car of choice. Up until i drive it, I wont know that for sure, we'll see.
Looking forward to hearing how she drives from the first ones to give her a go
Wider footprint and bolstered suspension potentially makes it MORE ENJOYABLE due to the power increase as well. It’s not about weight. It’s about balance.

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I definitely like the looks of the gt350 better mainly because I don’t like that blacked out front grille. It looks like a cheap GTR imitation. I think it will look much better if the whole car is black or if the middle of the front can be ordered in body color.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the blacked out front bumper might appeal to some if it was painted the color of the car instead of black. Looks kinda like a Lexus. I can dig it.
Sponsored