Sponsored

Leaked GT500 Pics and specs from dealer meeting today!

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I like the front end, kinda a homage to the 68 GT500

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Glad someone else said it first. Not saying it isn't a fantastic car but always felt it looks like an insect.

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
BBONbVc.jpg

BBONbV8.jpg

Makes a huge difference, even on that turd.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Where is our photoshop guys at? Can someone put body color center on the dealer show photos? I am curious how it will look......

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Where is our photoshop guys at? Can someone put body color center on the dealer show photos? I am curious how it will look......
Go to the GT500 renderings thread and you'll get what you're looking for. Looks A LOT like a GT350 with the bumper painted

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
i know there is lots of renders but this is the first 'real' photo

Last edited:

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
What’s the appeal of a DCT over a 10AT? Most people I know who “prefer” a DCT to an automatic prefer it based on faster shift speed. The 10AT in the ZL1 shifts faster than Porsche PDK. I would hope that Ford’s version would do the same. So if the 10AT shifts faster than a DCT, why the disappointment about it possibly not being a DCT?

By the way, I put “prefer” in parentheses because the people I know who swear by DCTs don’t actually have cars with DCTs and the three people I know that have cars with DCTs hate them. One just got rid of his DCT equipped vehicle.
The quicker shift speed over the PDK only occurred during a 3-4 (going off memory, could be wrong on gear to gear number) upshift when left in full auto. Point is, it was a farce. A big reason why the DCT's are preferred, and are better, than an auto is the speed in which it shifts after the command is given. With the better DCT's, there is next to no delay from when you actually hit the paddle, and when the transmission shifts. In contrast, the A10 or any automatic with a torque converter, cannot replicate that speed. In some cases it might be made to do the actual shift quicker as noted above, but the overall time from user input to shift is greater. Downshifting is also much, much quicker with the DCT's than the A10.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Honestly I never thought it wouldn't *not* be the A10 that is the auto option in this car ,

Ford is NOT going to spend the same amount of time/$$$ on refining the Dual clutch / automated dry Clutch transmission like Porsche has. Anyway ultimately not what the demographic that will purchase the GT500 really wants a lot of time spent anyway and won't provide value to those customers, and the Riccardo DCT is not something I would expect Ford to be able to come to a true OEM agreement with much less warranty arrangements etc...

The guys that DO buy this car want that slushness

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
We have a lot of that going on in this market segment. The Challenger and Camaro are based on design language that's nearly twice as old.
Doesn't seem to matter. This car looks completely tacked together, like a rocauto aftermarket special. Yes, they could be the absolute worse pics ever, but this looks seriously bad.

Ixse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Stop bitchin about the auto. Just buy the manual like you are supposed to. Problem solved. And no, I couldn’t care less how you want to hit that extra 2-3tenth on the drag strip. They shouldn’t even offer this car in auto like gt350
Sponsored