Sponsored

Leaked: 2019 GT500 5.2L Supercharged Engine Wiring CAD Diagram from Ford!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was told the mule engines were port fuel injected only, this fits in perfect with that. No provision on the valve cover at all.

Look closely at what what would be the flywheel were this a 5.2 GT350 engine...it looks to be a flex plate which would imply an automatic. It'd be interesting to look at the flex plate for a 5.0 with the new 10-speed as word I've been given was the GT500 would be a DCT 7-speed...
:thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I was told the mule engines were port fuel injected only, this fits in perfect with that. No provision on the valve cover at all.

Look closely at what what would be the flywheel were this a 5.2 GT350 engine...it looks to be a flex plate which would imply an automatic. It'd be interesting to look at the flex plate for a 5.0 with the new 10-speed as word I've been given was the GT500 would be a DCT 7-speed...
Well that was no help... GT uses a completely different design so no parallels exist. The image below though is the flexplate and flywheel for the 2018. Neither match what is seen in the 5.2 diagram.
Flexplate.PNG

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Too funny. I want to watch the football game but have been scouring as well. I looked for something at Ford Parts going through almost every category and nothing to match what you found in the service data. So I started comparing flywheels as well.

We start with this from the image you supplied Zack...

It does look similar to the "primary" flywheel on the GT350. Note the three "notches near the outer OD but it is missing any type of "secondary" flywheel. But if it simply wasn't shown in cad this still doesn't work. Note the 8 large diameter holes near the pilot on the above flywheel. You can almost see the bolt heads that would attach it to the crank.

Here's a GT350 primary/secondary dual mass flywheel. Same 3 notches. Similar 8 holes but that is on the secondary flywheel which the "GT500" flywheel doesn't even have. Possible that the Tremec DCT 7-speed will be used with a sprung primary flywheel?

Putting the GT350 next to this one looks something like this...

Really hard to read into vague CAD images that are often inaccurately depicted but it is fun to compare. The 2018 Mustang GT 10-speed auto looks nothing like either...

I think we are very close to knowing what transmission(s) will be in this thing.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Haha well looking at the images, it certainly does seem like the GT500 flywheel is derived from the GT350 flywheel design. If this GT500 is coming with a DCT then it will be an all new package not seen in other Fords... The GT DCT is a transaxle which is why there were no parallels I could find.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went through Motorcraft for the three day to mine for more data. I forgot what a PIA it is as they are using some dated software, just as it was when I bought the Helm service CD for my 2016 GT350. Anyway, this is an epic screw up. The GT500 front and rear CAD images are used over and over again when referencing numerous connector locations with what should be the 5.2L GT350 engine. If you go back and look, the GT350 engine is correctly depicted in prior years just as the 5.0L engine is, etc.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Mein Gott! what a "leak".

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Could be because the 500 will have a Cross Plane Crank, it will be different from the FPC and the Auto. Different Vibration Mass and Locations.

CAD for the S550 has 350 Parts and 5.0/V6/4CYL mixed in the same drawings, so you can’t be really sure of everything.

Bracket on back of Engine/Passenger Side is for what?

No Direct Injection Connectors on the Harness. But, the 350 could get a bump in Power with it and as the earlier photos show, the 350 Intake Manifold May have room for the the DI Rails, Connectors and Wire Harness. At the least, only minor mods.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2099529&postcount=49

Still using the 350 Fuel Rail and Pressure Sensor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I went through Motorcraft for the three day to mine for more data. I forgot what a PIA it is as they are using some dated software, just as it was when I bought the Helm service CD for my 2016 GT350. Anyway, this is an epic screw up. The GT500 front and rear CAD images are used over and over again when referencing numerous connector locations with what should be the 5.2L GT350 engine. If you go back and look, the GT350 engine is correctly depicted in prior years just as the 5.0L engine is, etc.
Yea the svg viewer and the requirement for internet explorer is annoying. Something I hope they update at some point considering internet explorer is no more.

Anyways, it is pretty impressive how this image was used so many times and no one caught it. As I said, when I first looked at 2018 data back before 18s were on the lot I just assumed that it was a 5.2 voodoo with an updated intake manifold. That could be how it got mistakenly used in the diagrams. After I saw these images I went through everything relating to the 5.2 in the hopes of finding more “leaked” info but to no avail. Everything else technical wise seems to be correct for the 5.2 voodoo

Reactions: JWS
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Could be because the 500 will have a Cross Plane Crank, it will be different from the FPC and the Auto. Different Vibration Mass and Locations.

CAD for the S550 has 350 Parts and 5.0/V6/4CYL mixed in the same drawings, so you can’t be really sure of everything.

Bracket on back of Engine/Passenger Side is for what?

No Direct Injection Connectors on the Harness. But, the 350 could get a bump in Power with it and as the earlier photos show, the 350 Intake Manifold May have room for the the DI Rails, Connectors and Wire Harness. At the least, only minor mods.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2099529&postcount=49

Still using the 350 Fuel Rail and Pressure Sensor.

That might have been true for older engines but from what I know, all modern flywheels are evenly balanced and do not contribute to the internal balancing and vibration dampening of the engine. That is what the harmonic balancer takes care of.

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
That might have been true for older engines but from what I know, all modern flywheels are evenly balanced and do not contribute to the internal balancing and vibration dampening of the engine. That is what the harmonic balancer takes care of.
There is something about the balance and vibration of the FPC that is different, requiring the Vibration Dampers on the Exhaust, after the Cats.

Maybe Exhaust Resonance?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are nothing. There's 12lbs worth of mass dampers bolted to the rear of the GT350's transmission to attenuate vibration.

Reactions: JWS

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Vibration Dampers
This is one of the reasons I cringe when people are taking those dampers off. Most of them are for durability, not customer-perceived NVH.

JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f150
This is one of the reasons I cringe when people are taking those dampers off. Most of them are for durability, not customer-perceived NVH.
Phh you don't need those.. weight savings and I want to it to feel like a real racecar... what would engineers know..:D
Sponsored