Sponsored

Leaked: 2015 Mustang front end in even more production form

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Happy about bringing back the pointed nose ala 10-12?
Sponsored

Mriley

Checkout this video (Jarstang, I hope it's cool to post it here). It's the KGP video, a mix of what we've seen here before, with a few other shots mixed in.

At 47 seconds, one of the cars turn right, and that light is acting as a turn signal.

At 1m 17 seconds, another car is using them as amber marker lights.

You'll have to forgive me. Can those lights serve two purposes in the US? Certainly they don't appear to be DRLs.

Of course, these may not be the final design or usage of these lights :shrug:
Nice find, TT.

Before reading your post I watched the video and noticed the same thing about the amber lights. It's interesting seeing what appears to be two uses here.

Also is it me or does the car look very narrow in some of these shots? It could be just how tall that camo is but it looks like someone squished the car together.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
Woa woa! .... The headlights look different than the earlier ones we saw of the 2015 face. Everything else seems to match up? Bottom grille/Fogs/mirrors all seem to match up.
I'm pretty sure the headlights look different because of the wide angle perspective of the camera lense. They are probably the same headlights. The early photos were taken with a super telephoto.

I'm anxious to see the back end, but part of me wants to be wowed when they do the official unveiling next year. Something tells me, though, the car's complete design is going to be leaked long before that happens.

Horsewhipped

Threads
Reaction score
After seeing these "leaked" photos, I am so happy that I bought my 2013 GT.
A year or so ago I was hoping that Ford would do the 2015 as a cloned up-to-date 65 fastback. But they want the younger crowd along with the Europeans. Unfortunately not too many 20-somethings can afford a $ 45,000 + 2015 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Mriley

I'm pretty sure the headlights look different because of the wide angle perspective of the camera lense. They are probably the same headlights. The early photos were taken with a super telephoto.

I'm anxious to see the back end, but part of me wants to be wowed when they do the official unveiling next year. Something tells me, though, the car's complete design is going to be leaked long before that happens.
I guess the wide angle/telescopic lens stretches the front of the car and makes the wrap-around headlights appear to be more flush against the nose. :shrug: If so, what we saw in those pics could be pretty skewed compared to the real thing.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, something about the front proportion is not right. Like the grill opening is too big for the front and the front looks too short, height wise. Makes it seem like a tight fit for the 5.0.
I think the 5.0 is going to be a tight fit. That's why they are getting rid of the 5.8. With the down sizing and weight reduction, I bet they designed the S550 small enough where they'll have to shoehorn the coyote in with just enough space for TT's.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
meh.. doesnt have the wow factor (opinion based solely on this pic)

Also, something about the front proportion is not right. Like the grill opening is too big for the front and the front looks too short, height wise. Makes it seem like a tight fit for the 5.0.
The grill opening and size has bothered me ever since it has been seen on early renders. It is just too big. The top half is comparable to the current front end but adding all that extra open space with the new bottom addition is just way too much grille.

crazyfastfreddy

After seeing these "leaked" photos, I am so happy that I bought my 2013 GT.
A year or so ago I was hoping that Ford would do the 2015 as a cloned up-to-date 65 fastback. But they want the younger crowd along with the Europeans. Unfortunately not too many 20-somethings can afford a $ 45,000 + 2015 Mustang GT
eh? i thought thats what the s197 basically is supposed to be....

did you not hear retro is out?

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Do you really believe Ford would go to the lengths of producing a heavily revised S197 as a 6 month SE? With all that entails? Crash testing, type approval etc?

This is S550. It's clearly not looking its best here, with blurred camera phone shots in poor lighting. But this is S550.

The official reveal can't come soon enough :doh:
We can't know the date this car was made, nor can we know if Ford was prepared for the possibility of an SE--for all we know it may have been a styling exercise from some time ago. I don't know if a new fascia requires crash testing if the bumper structure remains the same. But, yes, I was offering speculation, same as anyone seeing the pics.

My main point is that it doesn't look S550 for proportion. It's not the blur that's throwing me, it's the shape and proportion. Look at how square the fender line is, and how upright the very front appears. The size, height, and shape of the headlights differ greatly from the prototypes, and the fascia appears taller overall. The opening line of the hood also appears to differ. The windshield is more squarish than S550 protos. It's pure S197 in S550 drag, but that's one person's opinion. Someone ought to do a morph on these pics. To me, they're as distinct as cheese and chalk.

Sponsored

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
The grill opening and size has bothered me ever since it has been seen on early renders. It is just too big. The top half is comparable to the current front end but adding all that extra open space with the new bottom addition is just way too much grille.
I'm sure they'll size the grille for aesthetics and then just close off a certain portion to allow the right amount of airflow to optimize cooling/downforce as they've done recently.
Of course, your idea of aesthetics may not match mine or theirs. :)

hartlane

Threads
Reaction score
All reveals have been front end, seems no one can get to the rear end!

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
That first pic is greatly distorted by the fish-eyed camera lens. If you compare it to the picture above in the header, every single thing lines up exactly. It's the same front end - just painted and with lights/lenses fitted. And a grill.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm liking what we've seen so far, but it's not as aggressive and different as I would have liked. I think Ford might be going too conservative with the 2015. Look how the 1st and 5th gens evolved. The difference between the '66 and '67, and '09 to '11. I bet Ford is leaving room for a more aggressive refresh in 2017. If that is the case, I'm not sure I agree with the strategy. Back in the '60s Ford didn't have the competition they have now. I think they should put their best design forward from the start and wow everyone if they expect to steal market share from GM, Chrysler, and Hyundai. Look how long the Camaro has looked the same and it is currently outselling Mustang on exterior appearance alone. We all know the Mustang is a much better car as a daily driver.

NeedLotteryToBuyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Protege5 & '09 Mazda3
The side mirrors are completely wrong. They don't look like ANY of the prototypes we've seen spy shots of since August. Not even close.

I don't understand all the comments about the headlights, though. If you look at the track photos and carefully look at what seems to be tape versus what seems to be bumper, these look just like those.
Sponsored