mine was fixed by replacing door seal

Mustang702000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.o , 2002 V6 convert
Hello all, I just found this thread, and have been in same boat/Mustang as y'all.
I initially found the 2 plugged holes, and thought that was it until I read this thread and see there is 3.
Just went and found the top ones, and took clear sealer on small, long brush, and covered them good, I hope.
Weather supposed to get wet this evening and I guess we shall see.
I have done all the drain cleaning, removed battery box and cleaned everything up, all those drains are flowing well.
I did notice the sponge rubber seal around air box was wet and had shrunk some so as not to seal the plastic box from water in the plenum
Dried everything, and took 6 inch pieces of duck tape on firewall face on 3 sides, and overlap pieces same length ,and sealed that up.
Here's praying. Now, all I need to find is something to fix with baling wire, and my job is complete.
Best regards to all of you.
I will keep posted what happens next deluge.
Dave and Frosty

Sponsored

Mustang702000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.o , 2002 V6 convert
Hello. I will try to get pics this week. I shoulda took em as I worked, Senior moment I guess
So far dry. But you all know how it is when you are wanting to try out your work and have to wait.
I did give the car a good rubbnskrubb few days ago, no leaks, and I purposefully got all areas of repair wet.
Good rain will tell, tho I am cautiously optimistic about it.
Best regards, Dave

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Can anyone confirm that MY 2020 or later should have three patches on each side? I can only see the upper and middle ones. Going by one of the pictures posted above, the lower patch should be at the same level as the lower door hinge, but in my car there's nothing there.
@WD Pro, have you found the third one?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I seem to recall only finding the two and just assuming that the third was obscured from view or maybe even hidden behind the foam bag style sound deadening - I never really looked into it much further.

I can’t check it right now sorry - I’m without the car at the moment :frown:

WD :like:

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Hi I'm sorry for the late reply, I used to get an email on replies but this seemed to have stopped for some reason.

Here are some pic's of the stickers..

Cheers!

A pillar Stickers - Fix (1).jpg
A pillar Stickers - Fix (2).jpg
Where'd you get those fresh stickers to cover the holes?

Sponsored

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Here is my water leak I just located. The leak on mine is in the area by the door hinges. Ford put stickers to cover holes....painted over them....wala....sticker comes off.....3/4 inch hole.....flooded floor behind passengers seat. I plugged it with a tapered rubber plug....flushed it up.....swipe of clear silicone.....hillbilly fix. Trying to get Ford to weld up the holes and repaint....dreaming
20200502_145140.jpg
What exact plug did you use, type, size etc? Do you have any pics of the DIY fix?

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
I'm late to the party but does someone have a good DIY fix? I see some people used super glue on the old stickers, duct tape to replace the stickers or tape over them, and also some kind of rubber plug? Which way is easiest and most effective without having to remove the doors?

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I am going to guess the holes are alignment holes for the jig, or robots to use as a known location.
Maybe a little dynamat to cover the hole after cleaning and scuffing up the area with a scotch pad, then put the sound deadner over hole, then seam sealer at the edges of the dynamat patches. This should last a lot longer than a "sticker"

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
On my convertible I heard the water in the area below where rear speaker is. I took the plastic trim off. Some foam blocking the drain holes. Rod the holes out and enlarge them if needed. The holes drains into rocker cover.

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Someone on reddit posted their update and a TSB for this specific issue.

The TSB fix is to plug the 2 main holes with a rubber plug, but it has no mention of plugging the other 2 holes that sit at the top. Both stickers (small one at the top and main middle one) are peeling way on my driver side.

I also found an article and rubber plugs that LMR posted to address the same middle holes that cause leaks, but they to do not mention the other holes covered by smaller stickers. Has anyone bought these from LMR to plug theirs?
https://lmr.com/products/2015-2022-s55-fender-area-water-leak-fix
Sponsored