Sponsored

Specracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
GOOD NEWS, neither of those concepts are of ANY interest to me, to be in a Mustang......... And no that E thing, should never have used the Mustang nameplate.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I agree, and I live in CA and today they are telling us to not charge our electric cars.
The grid cannot do it, this aint gonna happen. Hybrids probably, all ev, never in my lifetime.
The only way I’d own an EV in CA is if I had a solar system capable of charging it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
If it is an EV then it is NOT a muscle car... sorry. Do not care if it is called a Mustang, it will not be a Mustang anymore.
Then you have nothing to concern yourself with as the Mustang was/is not a muscle car. It is a Pony car. My 66’ Fairlane GTA was a muscle car. :like:

jabber63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT Black
since batteries are heavy as hell, Ford is right to wait until new battery technology comes up through the pipeline before making the Stang all electric

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
That sucks. At least it would have been something new. Seems like s650 will just be some new sheet metal with the same engines except 5.2 which I believe would no longer be in the mustang. Idk if they can do much more to the 5.0 to refresh it enough to motivate owners of previous gens to move up.

Sponsored

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad about the AWD though. It's making the M240i xDrive or the upcoming M2 xDrive look very appealing as a future car for me.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The only thing that will take me away from my Mach 1 would be a final edition GT500 send off.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I agree, and I live in CA and today they are telling us to not charge our electric cars.
The grid cannot do it, this aint gonna happen. Hybrids probably, all ev, never in my lifetime.
LMAO... I keep saying it too... but everyone wants to trounce it and come off as people don't want change or that EV is the "future".

So (laughing still) what's it gonna be - you don't use your home A/C when it's too hot outside because of the "grid", or now you don't use your EV? LMAO.... too damn funny.

Just wait until you hear of a major storm rolling through an area where folks went to full EV and now EV chargers are under water OR the grid is out due to power lines being down for an extended period... NOW WHAT...

I know "what" on my end - start my ICE and go... oh, you say you can't if it was flooded out? Hell ya sure you can, drain the tank and fluids, go over the engine- refill with gas and fluids - poof, I'm on my way again. Oh, engine is toast? That's ok, do an engine swap in a day - poof I'm on my way yet again.

Try changing out a skateboard battery in your driveway ....

When it comes time that your EV battery is at a 50% remaining life/charge rate, you tell me which Dealer is going to give you great trade in value OR what private buyer is going to want to pay for an EV where the battery is depleted - when the cost for another battery is in the $8k-$10k range excluding labor costs?

Listen, let's nail it now - even with technology improvements - EV battery replacement is not going to be like buying a $130 dry cell now, or a pack of 9-volts for $30 it just WON'T BE. It also won't be in the $500/$1k range either.... Then take examples like being discussed where the EV vehicle aged 7-10 years and now it's next to impossible to get a replacement battery for it - then what? You've got a 4,000 pound paperweight.

Sure technology and battery type is improving - BUT that doesn't do anything for EV's already produced/purchased where now they're running up on needing a new battery - and that battery type is no longer supported...

If anyone has blinders.... we know where the blinders are... it's not the ICE folks, that's for damn sure.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
The only way I’d own an EV in CA is if I had a solar system capable of charging it.
I have solar. Doesn't do you any good when they shut down the grid. Your wall mounted battery is just enough to keep you lights on and your food cold.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I have solar. Doesn't do you any good when they shut down the grid. Your wall mounted battery is just enough to keep you lights on and your food cold.
My understanding that there are systems large enough today to handle charging EV's as well as provide power for your home. If there aren't there is certainly going to be a need for them in the not to distant future.

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
My understanding that there are systems large enough today to handle charging EV's as well as provide power for your home. If there aren't there is certainly going to be a need for them in the not to distant future.
They are but you have to store the energy somewhere. When the grid is off I can't store the solar energy I produce back onto the grid. We have net metering and each year I get a check back for the energy I sell back to PGE.

A single wall mount battery only stores about 18kwh at a cost of 10k a battery. You would need several batteries to truly go off grid. My AC draws at 6kWh so the batteries can't even keep up with that.

What does a tesla capacity at 80 kwh? I'd need 4 batteries just to charge my damn car when the power is out.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
They are but you have to store the energy somewhere. When the grid is off I can't store the solar energy I produce back onto the grid. We have net metering and each year I get a check back for the energy I sell back to PGE.

A single wall mount battery only stores about 18kwh at a cost of 10k a battery. You would need several batteries to truly go off grid. My AC draws at 6kWh so the batteries can't even keep up with that.

What does a tesla capacity at 80 kwh? I'd need 4 batteries just to charge my damn car when the power is out.
I understand. I was looking at something like this. It certainly isn't inexpensive but with rebates and financing it is doable. And we are talking about being totally off the grid. Honestly if I were thinking of an EV as my only type of vehicle (I'm not) and lived in CA or TX this is the only way I would do it.

https://shopsolarkits.com/products/...0tti6Md21fzLT9K2hMMGFHVhpefIZidBoCDG8QAvD_BwE

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I think Dodge/Chrysler coming out with an electric Pony car is actually a good thing for Ford. The cost for development and bringing it to public will be a good test for the concept. For the next few years as Chevy and Dodge exit the ICE field for Pony cars means more customers for Mustang. I know personally 2 owners of Dodge Chargers who are going into a Mustang as they have no interest in an EV Charger/Challenger.
Sponsored