H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Went to do the lethal performance h pipe and roush axlebacks today.

Following the roush instructions, I cut the exhaust at the bend, a falling muffler only cost me 3 stitches...

Anyways, had to finish, right? Wrong. Late model restoration/Roush set a right muffler for a v6. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

So I drove to urgent care to get my stitches with one side straight piped... Of course its a sat and no customer service is available so I can't pass full judgment yet but all this shit still makes me want to sell my car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
You got stitches for that? I would have used some tape and continued with the install!

OP
OP
H1 GT

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
You got stitches for that? I would have used some tape and continued with the install!
Oh I did. First I tried shop towels and electric tape but that didnt last. Then took a piece of a shop towel and put on a rubber glove. By the time I was done the glove was full of blood. Haha. Figured I should go for stitches when it didn't stop!

Got the h pipe and left side completed. At least when I get a replacement muffler I won't need a lift or anything to toss it on easily.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Oh I did. First I tried shop towels and electric tape but that didnt last. Then took a piece of a shop towel and put on a rubber glove. By the time I was done the glove was full of blood. Haha. Figured I should go for stitches when it didn't stop!

Got the h pipe and left side completed. At least when I get a replacement muffler I won't need a lift or anything to toss it on easily.
I feel bad that you really hurt yourself, and hope you're better now. I have to asks. Why hate Ford? You ordered parts from Latemodel Restoration and Roush. Your car looks beautiful so why the hate?

OP
OP
H1 GT

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
I feel bad that you really hurt yourself, and hope you're better now. I have to asks. Why hate Ford? You ordered parts from Latemodel Restoration and Roush. Your car looks beautiful so why the hate?
That's just from my ordering experience. It was bad. If there was any other car I wanted as bad as the mustang I would've done it...but no more fords for me. I love the car(for the most part), but the company? Not so much, especially considering I talked to basically everyone at ford.

Sponsored

REDHRSE

PONY UP!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 401A 3.73 gears, Redline int, all options
no, If I'm not mistaken his ordering/delivery/dealer experience was far from pleasant.

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Always check your parts before starting installation, i've seen many times where gaskets and hardware were left out of exhaust kits.

Manufacturer's should always include a detailed parts list with the instructions, especially on suspension kits. I've worked in dealership parts for over 10 years and check anything that i think there could be an issue with before i hand it out to the technician.

Sorry about your injury, hope everything gets worked out for you!

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
I haven't had any issues with Latemodelrestoration In fact they went out of their way to fix an issue for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H1 GT

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Yea, the ordering experience was terrible. Picking up from the dealer was terrible. I have a tail light that doesn't like to work some times. The diode dynamics switch backs only seem to work 50% of the time and I have yet to receive replacements.

Just nothing goes right.

Got ahold of latemodel today and the problem is being taken care of. I guess Roush is sending me a whole new kit and I get to return what's left. Can't get expedited shipping, though, which sucks because we've got a few cold days coming up and the Hummer doesn't much like the cold.

And the cuts healing up good now. Shit happens. My middle finger was worse! Had to drill a hole in it yesterday to let the blood out of it because I smashed it on Friday haha.

OP
OP
H1 GT

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Resolved. Roush overnighted me the correct part and I was back on the road this evening!

Little bit different sound than I could tell from the videos but I like it.
Sponsored