Sponsored

Last year for V8 2024 (and Mach-E discussion) via Ford Performance conference call

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Climate change/global warming is a farce created to control the masses, but that's a topic unrelated to this forum.
You can believe what you want, but scientific facts show your comment to be incorrect. If you are implying that this is a political issue that to is incorrect. Our Earth has been changing for hundreds of years, but only in the past century has this change increased so dramatically and for the worse.

People who are pushing for all electric vehicles to save the climate have no idea what they are talking about. Because electricity has to be made and most of it comes from power plants that use carbon producing fuels to make the electricity.
Alternative fuels use is not just about the climate. It is about the availability of fossil fuels. Yes we have enough today but just think, every time someone in the Middle East sneezes our gas prices go up. As time goes on, supplies will dwindle and costs will rise. Now electric is what we have today. Tomorrow it can be solar, or wind, or something else. And yes, a lot of todays electricity is produced by plants that produce carbon but that to will change.

Lets not forget that when the electric vehicle is charged it's going to cost somebody, the electric bill has to be paid.
Very shortsighted. I plan to have solar charging my electric car.

Once all the realities of these electric vehicles hit home, some people might start to realize they have been sold a bill of goods, but I figure we'll all be screwed by then.
I certainly hope for the futures of my grandchildren and my great great grandchildren you are wrong.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
“They” don’t want anyone poking fun at the MACHe?” LMFAO
someone needs to get an 'eco' branded tag with "MockMe" and slap it on this car. then Instagram the heck out of it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In Europe in 2020 the regulations suggest the cars should be less than 96
will be repealed. Either officially or pushed out another 5 years, or ignored altogether by countries that have enough spine to use the middle finger and aim it at Brussels.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
And if profit maximization were the only criteria the only vehicle coming out of Dearborn would be Fx50 in it's name, or the Explorer/Edge/Escape.
Unfortunately, that's basically just a restatement of Ford's explanation for killing off the sedans. Makes me wonder a bit if the main thing that's so far keeping the ponycar Mustang off the chopping block is the fact that it's the icon for its own segment.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I fully agree with that. The only issue is that businesses have 0 reason to care about people or the planet. They are simply money driven, which means they will gladly run the planet into the ground as long as there is profit.
It's one thing for government to provide incentive for business to do or not do various things. It's a whole different thing for government to be the business. IIRC, a number of things that were part of Roosevelt's original New Deal were found to be unconstitutional.

But people will argue, "if people want green it, they will pay for it and companies will make it." Sure.. that would work.. if the lower and middle class wasn't growing more and more poor. They don't have the money to pay for the "green" option when they always want to. They are buying what they can afford. Green options are often the pricier luxury.
Precisely. AOC seems to have [conveniently?] forgotten that.

Norm

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
don't worry, we'll have 'rent control' in the automotive sector soon enough. It's not like that economic model hasn't been a roaring success and has no perverse side-effects. Nope.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
You can believe what you want, but scientific facts show your comment to be incorrect. If you are implying that this is a political issue that to is incorrect. Our Earth has been changing for hundreds of years, but only in the past century has this change increased so dramatically and for the worse.
Not real scientific facts. Enlighten yourself with some non biased scientific facts that aren't trying to push an agenda. Sure the earth's climate is constantly changing, but it's not manmade and man sure doesn't have the power or capability to change it.

https://realclimatescience.com/

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Norm
Not really. Incentive's it can cut R&D costs, meaning the end result could be sold cheaper, and giving business goals forces them to figure out a way to make it viable. If companies were not paying their C-Levels so lopsided and paid their employees more, people would be able to buy those pricier green techs more often. It's a system that creates its own problem. As prices for things go up disproportionate to the wages eventually people just can't afford the new things, so they sell less, which means there are either less made, or the profit margins have to be cut.

A nice example is how there are even GT's with almost 10K in incentives just to move them off lots where they have been sitting for almost a year. The average person can't responsibly(by financial advisory standards of keeping payment under 20% income, and only finance for 3-4years) buy a new Honda Civic(20K) which has MUCH higher return on investment and cheaper to maintain than a more expensive Mustang(26K). The cheapest "green" option Ford has is a 28K hybrid, Nissan's is 23K but only after Incentives, then they run out its 30K. I think Honda is the ONLY ones with an actual 24K hybrid that's not relying on incentives, but even that is a stretch for most.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Not real scientific facts. Enlighten yourself with some non biased scientific facts that aren't trying to push an agenda. Sure the earth's climate is constantly changing, but it's not manmade and man sure doesn't have the power or capability to change it.

You're citing a site run by a single right wing sided "independent thinker" named Tony that is also just quoting the internet and OTHER peoples work while promoting Coal with 0 climate science study under his belt other than the Internet? Yeah... hes definitely not getting paid by someone...

I got a guy next door that never worked or studied in a hospital but hes damn sure he can take your appendix outc cuz he's read a lot. Trust him too?

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
FWIW to this thread, there were magazine articles published about 1979 or so that stated GM was going to phase out V8s by 1984 because of fleet fuel efficiency standards and gasoline prices then expected to go over $1 a gallon (it was about 70 cents at the time).

Yes, I'm in the older end of the Mustang owners' age range, but I've been hearing this kind of crapola for more than 50 years. The dire predictions don't pan out because the doomsayers never account for technology improvement. You would have had to experience the dark, dark days for cars from about 1973 to 1984 or so to understand just how technology changes the game. There was no electronic fuel injection. Before 1975 there were no catalytic converters. Car people were scared, rightly so, that emissions standards all by themselves would mean the end of performance cars. The anti-car people were jubilant. You gotta understand the car haters, yeah haters, have been around a long time. They had us on the ropes back then and were going for the knockout punch. Then! Technology!! EFI! Cats! Computer modeling of air flow and combustion! New game. The tech people aren't done yet. Give em time. Ford management is just being "woke." That may come back to haunt 'em. They may make some really bad business decisions in order to look "woke." The market will force them to come around, eventually.

And the car haters can all go FOAD.

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10

Very shortsighted. I plan to have solar charging my electric car.
What about all the waste from the batteries and resources to make them? Electricity to charge them? It's great to daydream about charging your car on solar but that's not possible around the globe (or even across the US) without some major, MAJOR technological breakthroughs. Say what you will, but that is not a given by any means. Not to mention the costs associated with the research to POSSIBLY create it. Oh that's right, just tax the shit out of everyone in the name of saving the planet..... aaaaaaaand we're back at the global scam to redistribute the wealth and line the pockets of politicians and "activists."

In the meantime, I'll continue to recycle at home and driving my V8 mustang to clean up trash locally instead of preaching to everyone else about what they need to be doing.

This ^^^^^

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Green New Deal is a joke. (Written by someone, who is also a joke.)

We all have utopian dreams, but forcing Citizens to comply, before businesses is why Her dreams are farcical. All Companies in the next 30 years will have to convert their entire operations to green, before Citizens follow.

2060'ish is when you will see a workable green energy bill. Until then, it is just fake news!
It's not utopia she's dreaming about - it's a dystopia. Hopefully we don't end up having to live in that world, because it would be terrible.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It's not utopia she's dreaming about - it's a dystopia. Hopefully we don't end up having to live in that world, because it would be terrible.
And what do you call a world run by corporations that can just send a few kickbacks to officials and get away with whatever they want or have any regulation they want voted down or in? Cuz you know, I really want McDonalds having influence on if my cousin is allowed to marry her GF or not.

Nice example is the current FCC. Not doing shit for people, but sucking a LOOOOT of huge ISP dick.
Sponsored