Sponsored

Last-minute MY21 order info and advice

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
agreed. glad i decided to order when i did. i was pissed they dropped lightning blue bc i wanted that, but i’ve gotten used to velocity now so i have no idea what they’re gonna do for blue on the f150.
I really wanted lightning blue too, but I think I’ll be happy with velocity after catching a few vehicles out in the wild that color.
Sponsored

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
I really wanted lightning blue too, but I think I’ll be happy with velocity after catching a few vehicles out in the wild that color.
agreed. everyone always says mustangs are everywhere yet i hardly ever see any near me, especially GT. i don’t think i’ve ever seen velocity blue in a mustang in person before.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not that it matters but i got pricing for 2022 f150s today and yup they killed velocity blue there too. atlas blue is the new one. it looks slightly darker than lightning blue. it’s been on the explorer since 2020 it seems, and it’s on the super duty now too. doesn’t look bad but i would’ve preferred lighter velocity blue. less water spots!!!

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
fwiw there are a lot of Velocity Blue 2020's and 2021's out there for sale now. Like this one:

Dealer's Price:$48,470MSRP:$46,470Location:Horsham, PA
597 mi awayMileage:0 milesTransmission:AutomaticExterior Color:Velocity BlueInterior Color:Blue (1)Est. Gas Mileage*:
15 MPG City

24 MPG Highway

19 MPG Combined

Engine:460 hp 5L V8Drivetrain:Rear-Wheel DriveFuel Type:GasolineVIN:1FA6P8CF5M5145229Stock #:H210551Condition:NewNHTSA Overall Safety Rating:

OP
OP
verdelaw

verdelaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 6MT in Velocity Blue
fwiw there are a lot of Velocity Blue 2020's and 2021's out there for sale now
Right.. but not in the combo I was looking for. And that one you listed is an autotragic.. no thanks.

Looking for:
Velocity Blue 6MT GT Premium
Active exhaust
Black accent package
Ceramic interior
Spoiler delete

I could probably get away with wrapping the roof, replacing my own emblems and grill, and buying a katzkin interior... but finding someone to swap trunks with is a pain in the ass and the active exhaust option is fairly rare along with the color.

Imo, ordering a new car without all the options you want would be silly.

Sponsored

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right.. but not in the combo I was looking for. And that one you listed is an autotragic.. no thanks.

Looking for:
Velocity Blue 6MT GT Premium
Active exhaust
Black accent package
Ceramic interior
Spoiler delete

I could probably get away with wrapping the roof, replacing my own emblems and grill, and buying a katzkin interior... but finding someone to swap trunks with is a pain in the ass and the active exhaust option is fairly rare along with the color.

Imo, ordering a new car without all the options you want would be silly.
agreed. that’s what i did with mine. said no way i was spending 40k for a 2018 and up, looked at a used 18 for 40k and was like wow this isn’t worth it. thats when i went and built out my own and was like ok it kind of makes sense to just order what i want for less than 10k more lol, so i did. only thing i didn’t get was performance package bc i have no need for that.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
See, to me that color is just "give up grey" :cwl::cwl:

To each their own
Nope, changes colors in different light. Nothing “give up“ about it. Looks mean, like a muscle car should.
6D845F4E-5617-46C4-BB79-685E6E907286.jpeg
EDF83577-EF78-435E-84EB-B19DA9384731.jpeg
52DC8C2E-AC37-49CC-9777-3A7C16F71E56.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
verdelaw

verdelaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
like a muscle car should.
Like I said, to each their own. I like driving mine like a sports car, on curvy country roads. And if you want your car in clearcoated primer.. well that's your prerogative :thumbsup:

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Like I said, to each their own. I like driving mine like a sports car, on curvy country roads. And if you want your car in clearcoated primer.. well that's your prerogative :thumbsup:
If you truly believed “to each their own” then you’d stop insulting our color choice. My comments have not belittled anyone’s choices, I managed to give my opinion without doing that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
verdelaw

verdelaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you truly believed “to each their own” then you’d stop insulting our color choice. My comments have not belittled anyone’s choices, I managed to give my opinion without doing that.
You're not wrong fully wrong. I can both state my opinion and believe in "to each their own". And I did appreciate your first helpful comment. Then you went out of your way to post your opinion on a thread about buying a blue car. And then proceeded to get butthurt when I responded with my opinion. Sorry your ("our"?) feelings got hurt when I posted my opinion.. on my thread... about your car's color :headbang:

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
You're not wrong fully wrong. I can both state my opinion and believe in "to each their own". And I did appreciate your first helpful comment. Then you went out of your way to post your opinion on a thread about buying a blue car. And then proceeded to get butthurt when I responded with my opinion. Sorry your ("our"?) feelings got hurt when I posted my opinion.. on my thread... about your car's color :headbang:
I reviewed my comment on antimatter, which was a thread requesting feedback and I was not insulting to anyone. If I’ve misremembered or haven’t found the comment youre referring to, please quote me so I can apologize to that person. And I’m not hurt, you’re a stranger to me therefore don’t possess the power to hurt me.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
A unwritten rule on this forum is that we do not dis another members car, period. @BabyPanza might have crashed the “blue car” thread but did not deserve your negative comments. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but knowing when and where to express them will help you as you navigate around this forum. :like: :fistbump:

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
A unwritten rule on this forum is that we do not dis another members car, period. @BabyPanza might have crashed the “blue car” thread but did not deserve your negative comments. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but knowing when and where to express them will help you as you navigate around this forum. :like: :fistbump:
I’m honestly asking, not being a smart ass, how did I crash the antimatter thread? Guess I need to go back and read it again…

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, changes colors in different light. Nothing “give up“ about it. Looks mean, like a muscle car should.
6D845F4E-5617-46C4-BB79-685E6E907286.jpeg
EDF83577-EF78-435E-84EB-B19DA9384731.jpeg
52DC8C2E-AC37-49CC-9777-3A7C16F71E56.jpeg
great color, i wish jet fighter gray was around this year though. would’ve been a tough choice for me but i always wanted a blue stang as it’s my fav color.
Sponsored