Sponsored

Last-minute MY21 order info and advice

verdelaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 6MT in Velocity Blue
So I had been waiting to order a MY22 GT Premium, and waiting for the new info to drop, then got busy with work... and just yesterday found out about the new colors available and the loss of Velocity Blue. And that's the color I want. So I saw Chapman Ford mentioned in here and contacted them, as well as my two local Ford dealers.

VB vs LB.jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 12.33.45 AM.png

Chapman Ford said they'd do $3k off the MSRP but shipping is up to me (u-ship is approx $2k); they no longer do courtesy delivery or drop-ships. The catch is they're not sure if it will be converted to a MY22 or not, and if it does, no VB color is available. According to them, I can order with no obligation to buy and no deposit necessary... so if it does push to a MY22, I can cancel.

Local dealer #1 had an annoyed tone on the phone when I asked about ordering a MY21 but said they could do it, at MSRP, and I just need to come in to finalize it. But they first took 20 minutes or so to check if they could order it first, and seemed a little unsure of the details. They told me they'd need a $500 deposit to order.

Local dealer #2 took about an hour to call me back, and at first said I could no longer order a MY21, period. Then they said I could order one, but I could no longer order one with a black-painted roof (?!). And I need to come in and finalize it (no deposit mentioned, either yea or nay), no mention of any discounts.

I won't be able to visit any dealer until Thursday (30 Sep) due to work, and I have no previous experience with either one. My instinct is to visit my two local dealers and see which one I have more confidence in, and see if they'll match Chapman (I doubt they will). Then pick between all three dealers and order that day from one. Ordering from more than one seems sketchy. I'm a little reticent to ship across the country with u-ship and take chances on damage enroute, not to mention that Chapman made it sound like my order being pushed to MY22 was likely... so even with the discount I'm not sure I want to go with them.

Any advice for me? Thoughts? If you were me, what would you do? Yes I'm set on VB. Thanks for any help. PFA

Ps. I'm new here AND I've never bought a brand-new car before so if I did/wrote something stupid, I apologize in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rcsracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP #1859
Seems like Chapman/Grainger would be your best bet. If that falls through, you'd probably know in a few weeks if it actually gets scheduled or not. The order banks for 2022 MY open 10/11, so if you need to change to a 2022, you still have time.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Even with shippmen, Chapman is still cheaper, I bet. Why are you subjecting yourself to dealers who really don’t want to do business with you, rather than a dealer with a proven track record here and is quite familiar with Mustang orders?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
So I had been waiting to order a MY22 GT Premium, and waiting for the new info to drop, then got busy with work... and just yesterday found out about the new colors available and the loss of Velocity Blue. And that's the color I want. So I saw Chapman Ford mentioned in here and contacted them, as well as my two local Ford dealers.

VB vs LB.jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 12.33.45 AM.png

Chapman Ford said they'd do $3k off the MSRP but shipping is up to me (u-ship is approx $2k); they no longer do courtesy delivery or drop-ships. The catch is they're not sure if it will be converted to a MY22 or not, and if it does, no VB color is available. According to them, I can order with no obligation to buy and no deposit necessary... so if it does push to a MY22, I can cancel.

Local dealer #1 had an annoyed tone on the phone when I asked about ordering a MY21 but said they could do it, at MSRP, and I just need to come in to finalize it. But they first took 20 minutes or so to check if they could order it first, and seemed a little unsure of the details. They told me they'd need a $500 deposit to order.

Local dealer #2 took about an hour to call me back, and at first said I could no longer order a MY21, period. Then they said I could order one, but I could no longer order one with a black-painted roof (?!). And I need to come in and finalize it (no deposit mentioned, either yea or nay), no mention of any discounts.

I won't be able to visit any dealer until Thursday (30 Sep) due to work, and I have no previous experience with either one. My instinct is to visit my two local dealers and see which one I have more confidence in, and see if they'll match Chapman (I doubt they will). Then pick between all three dealers and order that day from one. Ordering from more than one seems sketchy. I'm a little reticent to ship across the country with u-ship and take chances on damage enroute, not to mention that Chapman made it sound like my order being pushed to MY22 was likely... so even with the discount I'm not sure I want to go with them.

Any advice for me? Thoughts? If you were me, what would you do? Yes I'm set on VB. Thanks for any help. PFA

Ps. I'm new here AND I've never bought a brand-new car before so if I did/wrote something stupid, I apologize in advance.
You may want to check on the black accent package. Granger said a month ago that orders where cut for those, about same time as they cut orders for the HP Mach 1s.

OP
OP
verdelaw

verdelaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may want to check on the black accent package. Granger said a month ago that orders where cut for those, about same time as they cut orders for the HP Mach 1s.
Did they say that on here somewhere? If so, can you point me to it? Thanks.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
@Jay at Granger @Zach@Granger
Jay, Zach, didn't one of you say no more orders for 21 for the black accent package? or am I misremembering something?
Correct, no more Black Accent packages for 2021. It can be selected when the dealer goes to build it however the order will not be approved.

OP
OP
verdelaw

verdelaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Jimmy

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
i too am pissed about velocity blue being gone. i’m ordering a new truck for work and i’m waiting on 2022 f150 pricing and if velocity blue is gone there i’ll be pissed as well!!! upgrading my lightning blue and wanted to match the stang!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
verdelaw

verdelaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i too am pissed about velocity blue being gone.
Honestly I think it will stop me from buying a new one. No offense to people who like the other blues, but they're just not for me. Ultimately it's my fault for not watching the new MY22 details more closely and/or not ordering a MY21 car earlier. My thought was, it's so late in the year I might as well get the next MY.. I just didn't consider that they'd nix their best (imo) color.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I think it will stop me from buying a new one. No offense to people who like the other blues, but they're just not for me. Ultimately it's my fault for not watching the new MY22 details more closely and/or not ordering a MY21 car earlier. My thought was, it's so late in the year I might as well get the next MY.. I just didn't consider that they'd nix their best (imo) color.
Man, I ordered my car in June, I am still hoping/praying that I actually get it this year. this year is beyond abnormal with orders/shipments on everything, cars included.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
agreed. glad i decided to order when i did. i was pissed they dropped lightning blue bc i wanted that, but i’ve gotten used to velocity now so i have no idea what they’re gonna do for blue on the f150.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Man, I ordered my car in June, I am still hoping/praying that I actually get it this year. this year is beyond abnormal with orders/shipments on everything, cars included.
If you have a VIN you’ll get it. Ford doesn’t nullify VINs. Seen multiple confirmations on that.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Carbonized best color!:rockon::crackup:
F7931CAF-F8F8-43E1-B6F7-42D18451C3F9.jpeg
Sponsored