Last chance warranty items

Chaos_Agent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Premium GT
My 2017 Ruby Red Premium GT is quickly closing in on 36K miles.
I have until the end of June to get any warranty work done.

I asked a local dealer to look into these issues:
- dash rattle - not all the time, but very annoying on some roads.
- driver seat heater - either it doesn't work or it's taking so long to heat that I do not think it's working
- backup camera - goes fuzzy, black/white about 50% of time
- cracks in the leather drivers seat

Of the list, only the seat will be repaired. The dealer says they couldn't reproduce the other issues.
I understand these issues are not 100% reproducible but it's easy for me to observe them.
I'm betting they did not go out of their way to reproduce the issues.

I plan to try to video the back camera issue using my phone.
Not much i can do about the heater other than to make sure it works.
The dash rattle... maybe capture it with my phone?
Any advice?

I'm going to take it to a different dealer and ask them to fix the dash, camera and confirm seat heater works.

I'm not having any obvious mechanical issues. It's 6 speed manual. Stock, no modifications.
Is there anything I need to check or have a dealer check?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I had a little dash rattle, found out my center silver trim piece above radio was bumping against my gauge cluster circle thing.

I just got a little piece of felt, and pushed it between the two using a little plastic tool poker. I can take a photo of it, but it took away all my rattle. it may be entirely different than yours

check sway bars, make sure the brackets aren't broken and the bushings are good. My last car, had messed up bushings etc. got them all covered (had a 100k warranty) Lol I got all new struts/shocks and sway bars out of the warranty inspection at 99.9k miles out of 100k. they just claimed stuff to claim it.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
i just hit 3000 miles and noticed my driver seat leather is what i would call "wearing abnormally". the top layer is wearing away near a seam, in the perforated portion of the seat bottom.

what does your seat look like? good to know that the dealer is still willing to replace it 36k miles later..

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I had a little dash rattle
Hey, sounds like what I may have. Can you please post that picture you offered? It'd be great :D. Thank you. I was waiting to get a GT350 gauge pod before removing the freaking dash metal piece. But hopefully I could quiet that rattle now. Take care.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
At 3k miles seat is wearing? Mine looks fine.
I have other issues but my deal is on it. They find ways to even word things to get it covered. The other shop didn’t seem like they wanted to deal with it and they are closer to me. Also what’s weird is that you would think the service advisors get paid on warranty work and would be dying to write it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chaos_Agent

Chaos_Agent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Premium GT
i just hit 3000 miles and noticed my driver seat leather is what i would call "wearing abnormally". the top layer is wearing away near a seam, in the perforated portion of the seat bottom.

what does your seat look like? good to know that the dealer is still willing to replace it 36k miles later..
it's cracked through the leather on the lower left side of the drivers seat. you know how you have to swing your legs out to get out of the car? that's the wear that is causing the crack. i hope the the new seat cover lasts more than 30k miles. i'm going to try to keep it from getting too dry, armor all or similar.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, sounds like what I may have. Can you please post that picture you offered? It'd be great :D. Thank you. I was waiting to get a GT350 gauge pod before removing the freaking dash metal piece. But hopefully I could quiet that rattle now. Take care.
damn. its late, I just saw this, let me get you a photo when its bright and sunny out tomorrow so you can see what I mean. I literally bought like 1 dollar square of felt at hobby lobby, cut a long long rectangle nice piece to wedge in there, and silenced it up completely.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The repair will probably consist of them spreading some putty over it and painting it...

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It was just a thought and damn it worked. It isn’t visible really, unless looking down straight to it. Just cut a long piece to shape and tucked it in. Can be pulled back out. But fixed my noise
9F4E23F8-532F-4B8D-ABEC-DB1DEE232521.jpeg
6240849E-9A95-4C13-A9E9-C22151C3B0D1.jpeg
C0693A7C-67C5-497B-93B3-0BFBAAB4220D.jpeg

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
i hope the the new seat cover lasts more than 30k miles. i'm going to try to keep it from getting too dry, armor all or similar.
Don't use that greasy crap, use a good leather conditioner.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
it's cracked through the leather on the lower left side of the drivers seat. you know how you have to swing your legs out to get out of the car? that's the wear that is causing the crack. i hope the the new seat cover lasts more than 30k miles. i'm going to try to keep it from getting too dry, armor all or similar.
Whatever you do don't use armor all,it's got silicone in it and will crack your seats.i usr lexal,but search the forum for other suggestions
Sponsored