Sponsored

Kranzle Pressure Washer Oil Change

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Kranzle Oil Change.

I know a few members here have Kranzle pressure washers, so I thought I would post this here for reference. The actual process is not hard or different to something like a lawn mower, but it's always good to have some visual cues. I have the portable 1122 TST / 1152 TST, but the fill and drain points are in the same locations for the wall mounted versions.

I have had my Kranzle pressure washer for a year now, so it was time for the first oil change. These pressure washers, unlike many, have an oil supply. The manual (yes, I read the manual!) instructs to change the oil at 50 hours. It is then changed at 250 hours / yearly from there on. I do notice however that Obsessed Garage recommend changing the oil every 50 hours regardless. Obviously, the oil change point will depend on how much you use the machine, at the very least I would be changing it once a year.

kranzleoc1.png

With the unit standing upright, loosen the sump plug.

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Lay the unit down into the run position, then remove the filler plug / dipstick.

IMG_0280.jpg

Place a container under the drain plug. Remove the plug and drain the oil. (Why is it I feel like a real man doing an oil change on something. I even dropped the plug into the oil like a real pro, then fished it out with my fingers. :giggle:). The oil in mine still had a golden hue to it, extended use can turn the oil grey/white.

IMG_0290.jpg

Stand the unit up and re-insert the plug. Make sure to clean and remove any swarf on the magnetic plug.

IMG_0294.jpg

Time for new oil. The manual asks for 250ml of Kranzle Gear Oil or 15W-40 Motor Oil. The Kranzle oil is currently not stocked in Australia, so I used some mineral motor oil.

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Filler plug re-inserted and level checked, ready for another year of fun.

IMG_0301.jpg
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
D: MANY thanks for that post. My PW is a bit newer so I won't be changing for at least a few months but I have been keeping a mental log of hours. Since I use mine pretty darn often, I will probably do my oil change at six months or so.

But REALLY appreciate the photos and post, thanks dude.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Good one!

Would you mind letting me know what color the Kranzle oil is.

I would have preferred to use the genuine oil, just can't get here.
Looks like melted butter, btw on OGs video he used another brand & not the factory Kranzle oil either. I think it referenced any 15w-40

Info Note: I’m confident I could mark my property with this to keep coyotes away - PU

1A2628C5-A7B6-42BA-9CA9-2CC6ECAD8F56.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Looks like melted butter, btw on OGs video he used another brand & not the factory Kranzle oil either. I think it referenced any 15w-40

Info Note: I’m confident I could mark my property with this to keep coyotes away - PU

1A2628C5-A7B6-42BA-9CA9-2CC6ECAD8F56.jpeg
The oil that came out of mine had a strong smell to it, not unlike used differential oil.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
OK, my conscience got the better of me and I bit the bullet and imported some genuine Kranzle Gear Oil. :facepalm:

IMG-0539.jpg

I feel so much better now............ :crackup:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
DFB: I'm guessing that any decent oil with the correct viscosity would do BUT, after spending a ton on the PW, I too went with their oil. :-) I figure I have another month or so of washes (I wash cars frequently,) before the 50-hr mark.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
DFB: I'm guessing that any decent oil with the correct viscosity would do BUT, after spending a ton on the PW, I too went with their oil. :-) I figure I have another month or so of washes (I wash cars frequently,) before the 50-hr mark.
This stuff is way thicker than 15w/40 motor oil Kranzle recommend as a substitute and smells like diff oil. Kranzle call it "gear oil" and it's thickness has me wondering why motor oil is considered a suitable substitute. Either way, I feel better having the factory spec lubricant in it.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I haven't even opened my bottle yet, DB but now that I know the viscosity, I'm glad I went with theirs, too. BTW, I also suction some RV antifreeze into the Kranzle pump after each use. Probably only necessary in the off season to avoid corrosion internally but, well, you know. :-)
Sponsored