Kooks or Arh for gt350??

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So what's gonna be your choice?
Kooks or ARH?
ARH. Nothing against Kooks but ARH is a sure thing for me. I know I will be happy with their system.
Sponsored

NYC350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R,2011Raptor Supercharged,2018 Raptor , 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
I will go with the Kooks , i have ARH on my Raptor not impressed with the craftsmanship after few months got cracks on the flanges .

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
How's that long system you got sound? Is this too loud? Any drone or bad smell?
And how's the power gain, did you tune it as well?
I have some clips on my instagram page of the system (@vudu350) for you to listen to. No drone at all. I run mostly e85 so I like the smell, but I still have cats in place, I'll let you know when I get them off it it changes (which it should). I picked up 22rwhp from the ARH long sytem (already had lund tune, JLT CAI and e85 in place before). No changes needed after the addition of the system according to Lund.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
KOOKS!!

My god did you not hear Swedensky's video. If it sounds like that in a video I can't imagine how much better it sounds in person. :hail:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
Dude my car is freaking loud and I have cats lol. But high flow cats and kooks. Sometimes it's too loud. I like the sound of your ARH long tubes though. Sounds very clean and crisp. [MENTION=21336]VUDUGT350[/MENTION]

@OP

I believe whatever route you go you will be happy. Both are Very reputable companies. And I've heard good things from both.

I'm happy with the kooks lt and high flow cat decision I made. That's my input. Very very very loud by the way. Videos can't tell you that.

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
No. Catless. There are a few more videos on my YouTube also. One of daily driving with the valves open and one with them closed for comparison.
Thanks, you're car sounds amazing. I've had ARH with an O/R xpipe on my 2013 GT500. When it came time for the NYS inspection , I swapped out my O/R pipes for the hi flow cats that ARH offered and loaded my Lund tune for cats and I couldn't get the 2 ready lights to agree. I drove it for a few hundred miles with no success.
I want to go catless again but I'm worried that I'll run into the same problem. How do you plan on handling your CA inspection when the time comes?
Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Thanks, you're car sounds amazing. I've had ARH with an O/R xpipe on my 2013 GT500. When it came time for the NYS inspection , I swapped the hi flow cats that ARH offered and loaded my Lund tune for cats and I couldn't get the 2 ready lights to agree. I drove it for a few hundred miles with no success.
I want to go catless again but I'm worried that I'll run into the same problem. How did you plan on handling your CA inspection when the time comes?
Thanks,
Rob
That's good information thanks

Sponsored

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
No. Catless. There are a few more videos on my YouTube also. One of daily driving with the valves open and one with them closed for comparison.
It does sound badass. Did Shaun dyno tune it or did you use datalogs through email? 2 thumbs up for the cam idle.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
I want to go catless again but I'm worried that I'll run into the same problem. How did you plan on handling your CA inspection when the time comes?
Thanks,
Rob
We don't have to smog for first five years of ownership, so I hadn't thought that far. The car is going back to Ford, and the header system will be for sale soon.

It does sound badass. Did Shaun dyno tune it or did you use datalogs through email? 2 thumbs up for the cam idle.
Dyno tuned, 525.6 rwhp SAE. Love the lope, had it on my 5.0 and daily it against Shaun's suggestions hahaha. I can now have muscle at idle and exotic at WOT :headbang:

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
i have kooks. I had the green cats, a tow truck driver damaged them.

I replaced the midpipes with the standard catted ones.

Green cats still gave me a CEL. It would come up every 100 miles or so unless i used 100+ octane.

The standard cats are louder, probably because of less material.

The standard cats also let some gas smell manifest.

Net/net, I'm very happy with them.

Reactions: TDC

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
Well me and a buddy finally got around to installing my kooks headers with standard cats and man oh man what a difference in sound!! I have a hard time explaining it but it's "oh dam that's loud" and has a sharp bark to it when you blip the throttle. It's high pitched, still has the small burbles and pops but defiantly sounds more exotic. Not that I'll ever use but in normal mode, it has a whisp of smooth rasp and sounds very clean. All in all I am super stoked and couldn't be happier with the sound.....If you've been debating headers, do it!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TDC

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Kooks if you want to go E85. Shaun at AED says the 02 sensors are closer to the collector where its hot and water which is a by-product of e85 combustion won't get on the hot ceramic tips of the o2 sensors and crack them. Shaun said he's had issue wit ARH burning up O2's since they are further back. You may want to call him for more detailed info.

ARH has a slip fit collector from header to mid pipe and Kooks has a ball flange connection. Everyone seems to have their preference on that same goes for the sound. Check out the kooks vid below with a kooks full exhaust no cats on a dyno (not my car)

Cali emission will be fine catless if your running E85. It doesn't burn clean but its burning chemicals which the emissions dyno isn't looking for. It smells like sweet alcohol so although its not good for you it doesn't offend the nose.

If you don't want a tune than race gas and fabspeed catted O2 spacers.
http://www.fabspeed.com/universal-o2-spacers-with-catalytic-converters/

I have a full header back Kooks catless system I may let go. My cars been in the shop 4months may have to do lemon law on it. Id list it 20% off and free shipping basically kooks cost after shipping fee's.

Not my car but ooh that sound kooks full exhaust no cats..
Sponsored