Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Insert Ricky Bobby anthem here. :handsinair:
In all seriousness, if you can’t find oem stock you could go to aftermarket high flows and have someone fab up the section to tie in to stock.

No doubt about it, it does sound amazing, if you were at a track or running slip stream, but its too loud in loud mode and I'm not a fan of it in quiet mode, I'd like to be able to tone it down under WOT and not have to worry about cops from two towns away chasing me down. Cold start sounds great too, but in my garage the entire house shakes, and my wife just shakes her head.
Sponsored

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
wish i was closer :( MN is too far away lol.. Goo dluck on trading or sellign though

OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Z06, S3, Jeep JL Eco Diesel, Armada
Valves go full open during WOT regardless of switch position. So that logic’s out.
The logic behind it is that with long tubes and no cats, WOT is a lot louder than having the cats in place under WOT. The logic is sound and proven.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The logic behind it is that with long tubes and no cats, WOT is a lot louder than having the cats in place under WOT. The logic is sound and proven.
Yes...that's what we've been trying to tell you. The cats are your problem, not the headers; hahahahah! Kooks makes some really nice green cats. They'd bolt right up to your current system. Probably cheaper (maybe not), and a lot less hassle, and you still end up where you want to be.

And it hasn't come up yet, but since all this work has been done to the car, is it tuned? If so (which I would hope so), gotta factor that back in.

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I actually bought the car with the longtubes, so I never had the cats, I've sourced the stock manifolds, now I just need the stock cats with downpipes. Car still has quiet mode with stock mufflers.

If you're willing to part with yours and ship, I'll make you a great offer!

I'm sure I could recoup some of the cost with the sale of the Kooks to another member. Let me know if youre interested!
You bought the car from a dealer. We already told you it was an illegal sale. Make them fix it for you on their dime or report them and watch them get fined up the ....

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
Seems to me there are only a few options available. But I think the remove the wife from the equation may appear to be a solution but I'm fairly certain that doing so won't go well....

Not going to comment on the disclosure and whatever representations exist about emissions standards and compliance - federal or state, other than to say that this subject is far more important than whatever noise the car exudes.

I think simplest solution is to ensure the car is adequately "catted" and since the Kooks headers are well accepted by most users I'd likely retain them and add the Kooks green cats, maintain or acquire the stock resonator and original factory mufflers and it's quiet mode from hereon in when it comes to those who squawk about the noise or the house shaking.

Seems to be too much hassle to deal with all the bargain hunters wanting the headers and dealing with all that drama let alone getting all the stock manifolds and factory catted downpipes... and then there's the labor costs if you don't do the work yourself.

So go with the green cat setup, use the factory resonator and stock exhaust for the rest and live with that.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
For the OP, have you ever installed headers on one of these cars? It is no small job, personally I would get the Kooks green cats. A lot less work and should give you a solid volume reduction.

Good luck either way

Sponsored
OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Z06, S3, Jeep JL Eco Diesel, Armada
For the OP, have you ever installed headers on one of these cars? It is no small job, personally I would get the Kooks green cats. A lot less work and should give you a solid volume reduction.

Good luck either way
I ended up ordering stock manifolds, cats, and midpipe with resonators. I've seen what a PITA it is to install them, so I am having East Speed in PA (about 5 minutes from my house) sort it out next week.

I'll have the Kooks Headers and Midpipe (connected into stock valved mufflers) up for sale on here shortly after.

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon
I'm supercharged with catless longtubes and Ford Performance active exhaust and I'm quieter than most of the guys with no supercharger and just catback systems.

The difference? A Borla resonator; you can quiet down longtubes without going back to stock.

earlrengland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford GT350 08 Ford F250 SuperDuty 13 Saraha
How much will you be asking for the headers and mid-pipes? Asking for a friend :crackup:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Long tubes are louder virtually always. Plus they make more noise under the car because of their proximity to the floor and firewall. Almost impossible to get as quiet as stock unless you do serious resonators and mufflers. Today's exhaust is very, very good. Many people confuse noise with HP/TQ.
I have been saying for years, forget all that stuff, save for a blower. Quiet and fast.

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
When I was younger I ran Cherry Bomb mufflers on a 351W, the louder the better. Now the stock GTG350 in sport mode is perfect. I wish it has a little more back pressure rumble. Can probably get that with a tune.
Sponsored