Kooks Long Tubes - Looking to go back to stock

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Z06, S3, Jeep JL Eco Diesel, Armada
So after a few weeks of driving my 2017 around on Kooks long tubes, I'm looking to go back to stock as it's just WAAAAYYYY too loud on WOT. It sounds amazing, but my wife isn't a fan. Anyone looking to do a trade to swap? I'm in the Philadelphia area. Let me know. Thanks!
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The headers aren’t your problem. Minimal at best. What are running (or not running) for cats/resonators/mufflers (cats more than anything). That’s your volume control, not the headers.

OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
The headers aren’t your problem. Minimal at best. What are running (or not running) for cats/resonators/mufflers (cats more than anything). That’s your volume control, not the headers.
Yeah, the long tubes are very raspy and the stock headers with the cats is where I want the sound to be.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Yeah, the long tubes are very raspy and the stock headers with the cats is where I want the sound to be.
If you ordered the Kooks system without their cats then that is your issue. As others have said, headers are never the problem it's when people install them with no cats/resonators. If you ordered without cats unfortunately I don't know if there is a way to add them on after the fact. You could also add in resonators to the catback portion and that would probably solve the issue as well.

OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
If you ordered the Kooks system without their cats then that is your issue. As others have said, headers are never the problem it's when people install them with no cats/resonators. If you ordered without cats unfortunately I don't know if there is a way to add them on after the fact. You could also add in resonators to the catback portion and that would probably solve the issue as well.
I'm just looking to go back to stock headers and cats, that all.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I kept my stock headers, and I use the Kooks system. I though kept my OEM mufflers so I can always go quiet mode when need be, which is in your case, when the wife is in the car.

The thing is I am not in the Philly area, I am in Miami

You did not keep your active exhaust I take it...

OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I kept my stock headers, and I use the Kooks system. I though kept my OEM mufflers so I can always go quiet mode when need be, which is in your case, when the wife is in the car.

The thing is I am not in the Philly area, I am in Miami

You did not keep your active exhaust I take it...
I actually bought the car with the longtubes, so I never had the cats, I've sourced the stock manifolds, now I just need the stock cats with downpipes. Car still has quiet mode with stock mufflers.

If you're willing to part with yours and ship, I'll make you a great offer!

I'm sure I could recoup some of the cost with the sale of the Kooks to another member. Let me know if youre interested!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
OK I will give it a thought. I am in the middle of processing a thought...do I trade my GT350 for a GT500 2021 with the options I wanted, or do I do a Turbo build on this car ? Or just say the heck, and leave her as is.

I am thinking because one of the questions I was ask is do I have the stock exhaust.

OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
OK I will give it a thought. I am in the middle of processing a thought...do I trade my GT350 for a GT500 2021 with the options I wanted, or do I do a Turbo build on this car ? Or just say the heck, and leave her as is.

I am thinking because one of the questions I was ask is do I have the stock exhaust.
Completely understand! Let me know what you decide! I purposely didn't go with the GT500 because of the auto only option, I've had high HP AMG's and as snappy as the the transmissions are, I had to go back to a real manual.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I actually bought the car with the longtubes, so I never had the cats, I've sourced the stock manifolds, now I just need the stock cats with downpipes. Car still has quiet mode with stock mufflers.

If you're willing to part with yours and ship, I'll make you a great offer!

I'm sure I could recoup some of the cost with the sale of the Kooks to another member. Let me know if youre interested!
If you bought the car without cats, then how was the following that you posted in your other thread even possible?

Before I bought the car I requested and now have a signed document from the office of Lisa Drake. It states that all parts installed by an approved Ford Performance Certified Dealer have been approved and abide by Iowa state DOT laws. All operations of the system remain within FoMoCo's emissions threshold and regulation systems. The installation of this equipment shall and will not be be void of any implied or approved CPO warranty with the exception of a Force Majeure event.

Sponsored
OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
If you bought the car without cats, then how was the following that you posted in your other thread even possible?
Because I bought the car with the long tube headers already installed on it. I don't like the sound, so I'm going back to stock. Pretty simple.

Basically all the effort I went through to keep the cpo warranty and extended warranty intact was for nothing.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Because I bought the car with the long tube headers already installed on it. I don't like the sound, so I'm going back to stock. Pretty simple.

Basically all the effort I went through to keep the cpo warranty and extended warranty intact was for nothing.
That isn't what I was questioning. How could the dealer sell a car without federally mandated emission equipment AND they and Ford sign off saying all is fine?

OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
That isn't what I was questioning. How could the dealer sell a car without federally mandated emission equipment AND they and Ford sign off saying all is fine?
That's exactly why I did my due diligence upfront to ensure I wasn't being taken for a ride. Seems like a lot of manufacturers are ignoring what's federal vs. State mandate. I'm not questioning it, just trying to get my exhaust back to stock. Not trying to beat a dead horse either.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
The horse isn't dead yet.
No doubt about it, it does sound amazing, if you were at a track or running slip stream, but its too loud in loud mode and I'm not a fan of it in quiet mode, I'd like to be able to tone it down under WOT and not have to worry about cops from two towns away chasing me down. Cold start sounds great too, but in my garage the entire house shakes, and my wife just shakes her head.
Sponsored