Konig Countergrams on a Mustang

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
I think these wheels look great, they give a great contrast. I’ve always been a fan of a polished lip. I recently purchased some tuner wheels as well. I was skeptical on a tuner wheel but I couldn’t pass up on the deal I got. It’s a bonus when you find a tuner wheel that fits our specs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheMegalodon

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 Mustang GT PP
I think these wheels look great, they give a great contrast. I’ve always been a fan of a polished lip. I recently purchased some tuner wheels as well. I was skeptical on a tuner wheel but I couldn’t pass up on the deal I got. It’s a bonus when you find a tuner wheel that fits our specs.
Pictures? Good on you for also trying something different. Awesome man

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Pictures? Good on you for also trying something different. Awesome man
No pics just yet. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks they should be mounted. It should be interesting on what people think. At least it will be unique. I’ll definitely post once tires and tpms sensors come in

OP
OP
TheMegalodon

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Get a chance to put on the new wheels?

No pics just yet. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks they should be mounted. It should be interesting on what people think. At least it will be unique. I’ll definitely post once tires and tpms sensors come in

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheMegalodon

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Those look great man! Love the bronze on white. Good choice 👍🏻

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Those look good! To me, they almost resemble the 2012 BOSS 302 rim style, but with a much better offset and deeper dish to the spokes.

Nice choice!

Last edited:

traumkommode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
@TheMegalodon - cool to see these wheels on your 2015. Did you confirm with Konig that you needed the 19x9.5" A face to fit over the Brembos? I have a 2020 PP2, and I like this wheel in Hyperchrome finish, but my OEM wheels are 10.5" and 11" wide respectively, so I don't want to go narrower than 10". Konig's website states that these only have the B face in 10", and the B face doesn't accomodate big brakes.

However, the Konig rep that I'm chatting with says he's checked (they only have the 2015-2017 Mustang drawings, but I don't think the Brembos changed) and the 10" are supposed to clear the Brembos on the drawings they have. So I'd like to order a set, but I'm a little hesitant to eat shipping and restocking fees if they end up not fitting.

OP
OP
TheMegalodon

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
@TheMegalodon - cool to see these wheels on your 2015. Did you confirm with Konig that you needed the 19x9.5" A face to fit over the Brembos? I have a 2020 PP2, and I like this wheel in Hyperchrome finish, but my OEM wheels are 10.5" and 11" wide respectively, so I don't want to go narrower than 10". Konig's website states that these only have the B face in 10", and the B face doesn't accomodate big brakes.

However, the Konig rep that I'm chatting with says he's checked (they only have the 2015-2017 Mustang drawings, but I don't think the Brembos changed) and the 10" are supposed to clear the Brembos on the drawings they have. So I'd like to order a set, but I'm a little hesitant to eat shipping and restocking fees if they end up not fitting.
The reason I didn’t want to chance it is because of the low offset of +25 on the B face 10” wheel. I also wanted to use my current 255 width tires so I went 9.5” A face front. I recognize that having a 10” B face wheel all around would look excellent. If the B face didn’t clear the Brembos, I couldn’t use a spacer for clearance because they’d poke. I’m sorry I can’t confirm for you because I’ve already taken the wheels off to swap on my winters. I forget to check when I swapped the wheels.

The Brembos are the exact same on the 2018+ so if Konig says they clear you could give it a shot. To my understanding it’s best to have a +35 offset for a 10“ front wheel to avoid poke. I run about 2 degrees of negative camber all around.

Sponsored

traumkommode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
The reason I didn’t want to chance it is because of the low offset of +25 on the B face 10” wheel. I also wanted to use my current 255 width tires so I went 9.5” A face front. I recognize that having a 10” B face wheel all around would look excellent. If the B face didn’t clear the Brembos, I couldn’t use a spacer for clearance because they’d poke. I’m sorry I can’t confirm for you because I’ve already taken the wheels off to swap on my winters. I forget to check when I swapped the wheels.

The Brembos are the exact same on the 2018+ so if Konig says they clear you could give it a shot. To my understanding it’s best to have a +35 offset for a 10“ front wheel to avoid poke. I run about 2 degrees of negative camber all around.
Cool, thanks for the reply. I understand the 255 width especially. The OEM PP2 wheel/tire fitment is aggressive with a little poke, and I like how mean it looks so I'm trying to keep some. I just want square, and for some reason I like the look of this wheel. I'm also looking at 6GR Sevens and SVE R350s, but I like Fitment Industries' all weather tire selection and package deal, offers some legit savings over what I'd have to pay to have wheels shipped to a local place to have tires mounted and balanced.

OP
OP
TheMegalodon

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Cool, thanks for the reply. I understand the 255 width especially. The OEM PP2 wheel/tire fitment is aggressive with a little poke, and I like how mean it looks so I'm trying to keep some. I just want square, and for some reason I like the look of this wheel. I'm also looking at 6GR Sevens and SVE R350s, but I like Fitment Industries' all weather tire selection and package deal, offers some legit savings over what I'd have to pay to have wheels shipped to a local place to have tires mounted and balanced.
I completely understand the desire to keep that fender flush mean stance. I plan to replace my summer tires next year and go with a 275/40/19 square setup (versus 255f/275r); I want more sidewall upfront for my crap roads and a little more front grip

The other two wheels you mentioned are both great designs with ideal Mustang fitment specs. It was difficult finding the style I wanted with specs that fit the Mustang well. If you look on Konig’s gallery for the Countergram, you’ll see how perfect 19” B face squared setups look on a 350z and couple other nice cars.

I wanted to find a wheel I could source easily in Canada and avoid all the fees to import, so the SVE and 6G wheels were off the table sadly. If I was buying SVE, I personally love the X500 wheel design in a 10” square setup.

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I just found this. https://www.fitmentindustries.com/w...ang-konig-countergram-eibach-lowering-springs

After reading it doesn’t look like it needs a spacer. Seems like that car has the standard 4piston GT brakes. Either way those calipers are pretty big. From what I hear standard GT brakes are similar in size compared to brembos.

OP
OP
TheMegalodon

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)