Sponsored

Known weights of Cj's 50 anny shift knob..

amilhazes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, CO, 3.55, 20" prem's
hey everyone,

so i spent about three hours last night reading every forum i could find on the shift knob options we have. lots of good information and i didnt want to post new but could not seem to find any information regarding this..

does anyone know what the weight is of the 50 anny white/black shift knobs they have at cj's? i know the other ones (that require additional adapter) are significantly lighter, but havent found any reviews with the weight of the one that comes ready to install without adapter.

i am looking for a gloss white ball shifter, engraved would be nice but doesnt have to be, and heavier than stock.. on other threads it seems the heavier shifters really change the feel of the transmission for the better.. does anyone who has the black or white *ready to install* (w/out adapter) have the ability to weigh it in comparison to the stock shifter knob? or can point me in the right direction, cause ive been staring at a computer screen for hours..

in relation to the shifter knob/ trans/shifting smoothness (**and also kind of off topic, and not sure of forum etiquette as far as posting questions of different topics in same thread**) Can anyone provide any information on how I can take my car to a dealer and request the trans fluid change with the XL18 additive to help with the MT82?? Will ford do it for me based on the service bulletiins for the mt82? is there information i can bring with me to aid in getting them to do it? I'm not too comfortable doing it myself with a pump and all and would rather have ford do it for free, if thats even possible..

again, im sorry for multiple off topic questions in the same "cosmetic thread", i just felt like the cosmetic upgrade of a shifter is directly related to the experience one has with the transmission..

any and all help is greatly appreciated. this is my first *new* car (third mustang) and I'm trying to do right by her..
Sponsored

MurderPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP, Black on Black on Black
I can't weigh it but it is lighter than the Original knob.