wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I read the link twice. Sounds like a lot of BS. How exactly is personal information collected? Where's the camera? Where's the microphone? I'm NOT saying someone doesn't monitor things in your car, but do you really think the car companies spend millions of dollars to monitor millions of customers to find out if they went to their doctors last week? I saw on TV this morning (9.11.23) about a family in Las Vegas that had aliens (ETs) in their backyard, but don't want any publicity. So what the H are they doing on National TV??
I think the Nissan privacy policy is written so that they CAN collect and disseminate this information at some point, not that they are currently collecting it. Just planning for future possibilties, basically.

Ironpeddler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ecoboost Premium, PP, HP
I had to make an appointment last week for the suspension failure warning that keeps coming up. My service guy brings up the car on his computer and proceeds to tell me how many miles on my car as it sat in the parking lot…I just put a set of Michelin all season tires on two hours prior. He saw when the fault codes came up…”right after you fill up your car last Thursday”…and I looked at him with that WTF look on my face and he laughed. He went on to tell me about the data they collect and I wasn’t happy about that at all. I don’t have the modem enabled in the car, so I guess it goes through the Pass app.
If I delete the app, will that stop these reports from going to Ford?
Thanks…

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I had to make an appointment last week for the suspension failure warning that keeps coming up. My service guy brings up the car on his computer and proceeds to tell me how many miles on my car as it sat in the parking lot…I just put a set of Michelin all season tires on two hours prior. He saw when the fault codes came up…”right after you fill up your car last Thursday”…and I looked at him with that WTF look on my face and he laughed. He went on to tell me about the data they collect and I wasn’t happy about that at all. I don’t have the modem enabled in the car, so I guess it goes through the Pass app.
If I delete the app, will that stop these reports from going to Ford?
Thanks…
If you have the modem disabled there are no communications between your car and Ford. You may need to try again. 🤭

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Bluetooth and the app on his phone.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, forgot about that
I would assume at this time going through the phone would give more info than just the car. I suppose he gives location and other permissions to the app on his phone.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I would assume at this time going through the phone would give more info than just the car. I suppose he gives location and other permissions to the app on his phone.
Lots of settings.

IMG_3670.jpeg

IMG_3669.jpeg

You’re going to love these……

IMG_3671.jpeg

IMG_3672.jpeg

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
But gotta be able to start the car with an app instead of the FOB. :)

And get tire PSI info from the app instead of the dash :crazy:

Glad I don't have it, and never will.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I have accounts at WF & BoA, opened 1987 to date. I can count on 1 hand the number of data breaches they have had. You might be interested to know I get the emails, from the source.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have accounts at WF & BoA, opened 1987 to date. I can count on 1 hand the number of data breaches they have had. You might be interested to know I get the emails, from the source.
Ok, and? What is your point? I said they both had breaches, and then I backed it up…so what exactly is the reason for questioning me on facts? Lol gtfoh

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Has the tinfoil hat crowd deduced that Ford is selling our info to Jewish space aliens who are planning on stealing an election and starting California wildfires with their lasers?

LOL
Sponsored