Vehicle Showcase

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If you carry your phone with you (like we all do) Ford Pass is Really an extra Key . The Phone tells them everything they need to know already. The pass has saved me once already !
First time you forget to lock your doors at the airport. Priceless.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If you carry your phone with you (like we all do) Ford Pass is Really an extra Key . The Phone tells them everything they need to know already.
Not if you have all the tracking BS turned off in the root directory. (oh, right, some of you have Apple)

If I went to get some work done on my car and they pulled up my last months worth of travel info I'd be livid. There is no reason for them to store that info. If that makes me a tin foil hat person, so be it.

If I'm dumb enough to lock my key in the car I can call a lock smith.

Ben Franklin said it best. Heed his warning.

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
Without the modem Ford gets nothing about you.

Some parameters are saved for a very short time in some onboard modules, which can be queried by the authorities in the event of a criminal investigation following a very nasty crash. That's all. But that's a different story. Ford doesn't have remote access to that data and can't sell it.

Of course, if you bought your car from a Ford dealer, or you use to have your yearly check-ups done at a Ford dealer's, then they will have a bit of extra info, like your name, phone number, licence plate number, etc. But that's to be expected. Just avoid Ford dealers if you don't want them to know anything about you.
They apparently can sell it if they have it.

They give it to the 3 letter agency's now all the time, by basically charging them a fee. Selling people's data, & no warrant needed. Same goes for our cell providers. No need to get warrant. 3 letter gangs just purchase it.

If the EffBeeEye wants your car location/past travel data. They don't need a warrant- just get it from cell provider or others..
Safe manufacturers like Liberty Safe just recently gave 3 letter boys the master code to a J6 guy, who wasn'teven at the capital to begin with. They didn't even ask for a legal subpoena before turning over the owners combination.

All the credit card companies gave them people's expenditures if they were in DC during the days leading up to, & day of the J 6th. The law just asks cell phones & Onstar, or the Ford Pass app have agreed to let these providers have the ability to sell it legally. Or give it away when it's the law asking. No legal search & seizure laws protect us any longer, thanks to the administration in charge.

They break the laws, & them don't even bother to apologize later. New Mexico government just suspended 2nd Amendment rights to all state citizens today, for 30 days. A test it appears.

People keep saying it's not a big deal, & they'd rather be able to start a car from phone. Well, inch by inch we are all losing the rights our founders once lost under British rule. Only took about 250yrs for people to need a phone starter over their inalienable rights.

Ironpeddler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ecoboost Premium, PP, HP
Has the tinfoil hat crowd deduced that Ford is selling our info to Jewish space aliens who are planning on stealing an election and starting California wildfires with their lasers?

LOL
Tin foil hat crowd? 🙄 Just a bit judgmental, huh?
Until we get into an accident and our insurance company acquires the data from our car that shows being over the speed limit and in turn denies the claim due to excessive speed.
You do you and we’ll do us…

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I read the news from NM. So the answer to firearms crimes is to disarm law abiding citizens. I guarantee it's criminals and not CC permit holders causing the problem.

Some good news, Albuquerque police Chief Harold Medina said he won't enforce it, and Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said he's uneasy about it because it raises too many questions about constitutional rights.

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt, 2011 Lexus is250

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
I'm curious about getting information without a warrant. Fordpass is free and I tenuously can see how "they own" that data. Jeep on the other had charges for their app, If I pay Jeep for that service how is that different than my bank as far as a service provider? The government can't get my bank records without a warrant. It's a thin line manufacturers are walking on warrant-less data sharing. Ultimately though, if you own a smart phone, you have no expectation of privacy. If you are a conservative it's the deep state and if you are a liberal it's big business screwing the little man. Either case both sides get their PAC money and do nothing to protect the consumer.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
As much as your anti-government rant is uncalled on a car forum I need to point this out. The statement is blatantly false. Your rights to buy and own guns is untouched. This pertains to open carry which is not covered under the 2nd amendment.

The order includes a 30-day suspension of open and concealed carry laws in Bernalillo County and a ban on the carrying of guns on state property, including state buildings, schools and some parks.

Your comment about Liberty Safe is also not quite true. The FBI was legally in the house with a search warrant. The warrant included the safe.

A statement attributed to Mr. Hughes on the crowdfunding platform GiveSendGo says F.B.I. agents searched his home on Aug. 30. “They called the manufacturer of my Liberty Safe, got the pass code from them, and got into it too,” the statement says.

Mr. Hughes did not respond to messages left at a number listed under his name. His lawyer, William Shipley, said he did not know if Mr. Hughes had refused to give the F.B.I. the code to the safe and did not how Mr. Hughes felt about Liberty Safe’s decision to voluntarily hand over the combination.

Now as none of this has anything to do with FordPass I’ll just leave this here and politely bow out.
The 2nd amendment affirms the right to keep and BEAR arms. The bearing of arms means “to carry them” wherever you are. The NM gov will end up jobless over this. With Heller and Bruen now settled it’s only a matter of time before SCOTUS affirms the “bearing” arms wherever a person travels. Our right to defend ourselves and others does not stop at the front door of our house.

As for liberty safe, the FBI had a warrant for the property. This warrant does not apply to Liberty Safe Co. They are not compelled by law to give any 3 letter fedbois access to a safe UNLESS there was warrant served AGAINST liberty safe company. And there’s no evidence yet provided that Liberty was compelled to provide the access codes and this is why people are pissed at Liberty Safe Co. They should’ve been like Apple and told them to go piss up a rope.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The 2nd amendment affirms the right to keep and BEAR arms. The bearing of arms means “to carry them” wherever you are. The NM gov will end up jobless over this. With Heller and Bruen now settled it’s only a matter of time before SCOTUS affirms the “bearing” arms wherever a person travels. Our right to defend ourselves and others does not stop at the front door of our house.
Actually it does, for now. Rights to carry are not covered in the 2nd amendment as they are controlled by the states. I can put my gun in my glove box in South Carolina without issue. If I travel to NJ and have my car searched the gun will be confiscated and I can be arrested. So nothing to do with the 2nd amendment and nothing to do with what is happening in New Mexico (which I disagree with by the way). I do hope that a law is enacted that allows state to state carry but it will still require state RTC permits where required.

As for liberty safe, the FBI had a warrant for the property. This warrant does not apply to Liberty Safe Co. They are not compelled by law to give any 3 letter fedbois access to a safe UNLESS there was warrant served AGAINST liberty safe company. And there’s no evidence yet provided that Liberty was compelled to provide the access codes and this is why people are pissed at Liberty Safe Co. They should’ve been like Apple and told them to go piss up a rope.
The search warrant was for the property and anything on the property unless the safe was specifically listed as outside of the scope of "property". Now I do agree that Liberty Safe should not have been so quick to handover the code, as they now have admitted to. But someone there wasn't thinking properly at the time and just handed it over.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious about getting information without a warrant. Fordpass is free and I tenuously can see how "they own" that data. Jeep on the other had charges for their app, If I pay Jeep for that service how is that different than my bank as far as a service provider? The government can't get my bank records without a warrant. It's a thin line manufacturers are walking on warrant-less data sharing. Ultimately though, if you own a smart phone, you have no expectation of privacy. If you are a conservative it's the deep state and if you are a liberal it's big business screwing the little man. Either case both sides get their PAC money and do nothing to protect the consumer.
When you pay Jeep for their app you still have to agree to their rules and regulations, AKA "the fine print" Read it and it will tell you what they will and will not do. Agree or disagree, that's on you.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Actually it does, for now. Rights to carry are not covered in the 2nd amendment as they are controlled by the states. I can put my gun in my glove box in South Carolina without issue. If I travel to NJ and have my car searched the gun will be confiscated and I can be arrested. So nothing to do with the 2nd amendment and nothing to do with what is happening in New Mexico (which I disagree with by the way). I do hope that a law is enacted that allows state to state carry but it will still require state RTC permits where required.

The search warrant was for the property and anything on the property unless the safe was specifically listed as outside of the scope of "property". Now I do agree that Liberty Safe should not have been so quick to handover the code, as they now have admitted to. But someone there wasn't thinking properly at the time and just handed it over.
It only “does right now” because it hasn’t been challenged in SCOTUS. But that day is coming. Just because a State has laws it doesn’t make them less unconstitutional. It’s on the people to challenge those laws, and these people are waking up.

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
When you pay Jeep for their app you still have to agree to their rules and regulations, AKA "the fine print" Read it and it will tell you what they will and will not do. Agree or disagree, that's on you.
I may agree, doesn't mean another driver (my wife) did.

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
As much as your anti-government rant is uncalled on a car forum I need to point this out. The statement is blatantly false. Your rights to buy and own guns is untouched. This pertains to open carry which is not covered under the 2nd amendment.

The order includes a 30-day suspension of open and concealed carry laws in Bernalillo County and a ban on the carrying of guns on state property, including state buildings, schools and some parks.

Your comment about Liberty Safe is also not quite true. The FBI was legally in the house with a search warrant. The warrant included the safe.

A statement attributed to Mr. Hughes on the crowdfunding platform GiveSendGo says F.B.I. agents searched his home on Aug. 30. “They called the manufacturer of my Liberty Safe, got the pass code from them, and got into it too,” the statement says.

Mr. Hughes did not respond to messages left at a number listed under his name. His lawyer, William Shipley, said he did not know if Mr. Hughes had refused to give the F.B.I. the code to the safe and did not how Mr. Hughes felt about Liberty Safe’s decision to voluntarily hand over the combination.

Now as none of this has anything to do with FordPass I’ll just leave this here and politely bow out.
Nothing in our statement is blatantly false. Nor Anti Government.
Both lies from a forum moderator.

How nice!

You have been duped by msm it appears.
Please, everyone. Take up a collection & buy Bikeman a buy him/her a copy of the US Constitution.
& also highlight the right to carry arms.

Nothing was anti government about our post.
Nor was it uncalled for.
Nor was our statement about Liberty partially true.

Your just not a fan of your own Rights.
Sponsored