Sponsored

Kids car seat?

Boytano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
So my 4 year old is all about going for a ride in “the snake car”.

Anyone have a cool car seat or something light and easy to install? The massive one in the wife car is kind of heavy taking it in and out.

Looked for recaro but they may not even make car seats anymore? My seats aren’t recaro either.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I use a version of this made by Hunter Safety Products for my boys. Originally it was for our Utv, but they work very well in a car. They are five now, but we’ve had them in them since they were 2 1/2. What’s nice is they sit back in the seat so there feet isn’t push forward and in to the back of the seat. Hunter safety products will do them in different colors and patterns and stitching.

https://www.amazon.com/Junior-Stock-Aftermarket-Seats-Black/dp/B08DZ7W1M8?th=1

Last edited:

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have the Diono Radian 3R for the Shelby. It is not light because it's steel core. It's built to be safe and take up a smaller footprint. Don't do what I did in the beginning and keep moving it back and forth between vehicles. if you have multiple vehicles, just buy one for every vehicle. It's such a PITA to move the carseat in and out of the Mustang even with it having a smaller footprint.

https://www.amazon.com/Diono-Radian...39636&sprefix=diono,aps,69&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

OP
OP
Boytano

Boytano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Thanks Wolvee! That’s a real child’s car seat, the first recommendation wouldn’t pass the strict safety standards I’m looking for.

It does appear I’m going to need an almost full time car seat as the 4 year old keeps requesting me take her to school. I agree moving the car seats back and forth is a grind. Heck I may even get her the pink one!

This is an interesting post on a forum filled with rear seat delete threads…

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever seat you end up with, place something durable under it so the carseat doesnt damage or mar the back seat itself

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boytano

Boytano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Is that an issues with mustangs? Never had a problem in the wife SUV’s. Well besides indentations. I believe car seat protector mats change the crash-worthy ability of the car seat as they are designed to be installed on the naked seat.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
We use protectors under all ours. It just keeps the seats in good condition. Think furniture on carpet in a house. The protectors don’t affect anything. There’s such a variation in seat material from cloth, vinyl, to leather that it doesn’t matter. I know I torque ours really tight to the point I have to help my wife get them to release.

Is that an issues with mustangs? Never had a problem in the wife SUV’s. Well besides indentations. I believe car seat protector mats change the crash-worthy ability of the car seat as they are designed to be installed on the naked seat.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
We have two kids one 11 and the other 4. My 11 year old eventually used just a bottom booster seat that was sitting in the garage. A few months ago I took my 4 year old around the neighborhood just using her old booster. A 5 minute ride left a sizable crease in the leather. You have to use a seat protector.

286737013_1095672184488560_5632184070312594646_n.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: