Kid street racing runs over women and child

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Very, very sad news :frown:

This bit is interesting with regards to what data our cars save and what can be used if required (in this case it's usage appears very justified) :

1617975480247.png

WD :like:

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Very, very sad news :frown:

This bit is interesting with regards to what data our cars save and what can be used if required (in this case it's usage appears very justified) :

WD :like:
I activated the Ford Pass Journey mode and it gives me every single point of acceleration, braking, and cornering - all transmitted via the built in modem. I'd assume there is a data log somewhere with every second of driving. Welcome to 2021!

Luckly I'm old now and drive pretty responsibly.
As a father, I have no use for people blasting around residential streets. If you want to play a bit, hit up the country backroads where your victims are only poles, trees, and cows.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
So senseless and tragic.

I hope that members of the performance and enthusiast community can learn from this (and hopefully) modify their behaviour.

Especially all the sideshow shit.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Sponsored

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure most of us have street raced. I agree that sometimes our testosterone overrules our brains. There are drag strips and tracks around where some of us live, or take it out to the country, away from the general public.
Our cars track us now and it's a matter of time the insurance companies and police will have legal access to the data. Whether or not the prosecution had legal rights to the defendant's car data, the point is moot: there were victims.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I activated the Ford Pass Journey mode and it gives me every single point of acceleration, braking, and cornering - all transmitted via the built in modem. I'd assume there is a data log somewhere with every second of driving. Welcome to 2021!

Luckly I'm old now and drive pretty responsibly.
As a father, I have no use for people blasting around residential streets. If you want to play a bit, hit up the country backroads where your victims are only poles, trees, and cows.
Not even 2021, the R34 GT-R was logging this all back in 1999.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm sure most of us have street raced. I agree that sometimes our testosterone overrules our brains. There are drag strips and tracks around where some of us live, or take it out to the country, away from the general public.
Our cars track us now and it's a matter of time the insurance companies and police will have legal access to the data. Whether or not the prosecution had legal rights to the defendant's car data, the point is moot: there were victims.
An issue, least in my area is that tracks are closing and even then they are all least an hr away which many people dont have the time to make it a day trip. I feel like more available/convienient tracks would cut down on street racing, but instead they are closing.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
An issue, least in my area is that tracks are closing and even then they are all least an hr away which many people dont have the time to make it a day trip. I feel like more available/convienient tracks would cut down on street racing, but instead they are closing.
Kids these days don't want to go to the track. Most have no idea how to launch from a dig even if they did.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Kids these days don't want to go to the track. Most have no idea how to launch from a dig even if they did.
Hence the increase in popularity of roll racing.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
No need to want to go if there are none around to even go to. I used to have 4 tracks in a 1-2hr drive from me, soon I'll have 1. Which means it will be SWAMPED on test/tune night. Not worth spending 1-2hrs to get there to MAYBE do 3 passes in multiple hours then spend 1-2 hrs coming home.

It's the skate park issue. Cities hated kids skateboarding in the parks and on the sidewalks so they built skate parks, which cut down on the cases of kids grinding on public places. Only in this case the places for kids to go is growing less and less. So they will inherently do it more on the streets.

Magnetic_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT (300A, MT82), 1996 4Runner Ltd.
This is a very interesting point. I'd be interested to see some kind of survey on the forums to gauge how many people would agree that with a more accessible track location, reckless behavior on public roads would decrease. I'm sure the NHTSA would like to see that as well, especially if modest funding could lead to a drastic enough of a decrease in accidents related to reckless driving.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Hence the increase in popularity of roll racing.
Also depending on your area it may be harder to catch a light than to just slow down on a stretch of road and honk off.

Out near my buddy nearly any straight road is more of a highway, and back road lights are both so close together, and roads so curvy that you cant really do light-light even if you wanted to.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
A drag strip is not a track. It's a strip.

This is a track;
1617979456535.png

This is a strip;
1617979491209.png

Anyways.....spoiled 18 year olds that get waaaaaaaaay too much car than their juvenile brains can handle, are a real problem.

Mommy said she feels it was all her fault. Wonder if she's the one that bought him the car.
Sponsored