Kid street racing runs over women and child

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Every time some jackass crashes and/or kills someone from street racing just causes more laws to be made against it. In some states the racers lose their vehicles forever and get slapped pretty hard if convicted. Idiots cause laws to happen.
You can make laws and increase punishment until you are purple and it won't change behavior.
If that worked capital punishment would have stopped murders long ago.
At 18 you're invincible and nothing will ever happen to you. Right?
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Just like criminals will always find a way to get the guns, idiots will always street race and put others lives at risk. It doesn't matter how many laws are on the books to try and prevent it, it's going to happen regardless.
You can make laws and increase punishment until you are purple and it won't change behavior.
If that worked capital punishment would have stopped murders long ago.
At 18 you're invincible and nothing will ever happen to you. Right?
In my area there are task forces that know where most of the street racing activities take place, and they try to catch as many as possible. Sure, they won't catch everyone, but if you bust enough street racers and slap them real hard the word gets out and that helps cut down the activity.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Maybe, Atlanta is trying that now and it doesn't seem to be having much effect. Several hundred people arrested in the last few weeks with 100+ cars impounded and it's still a weekly thing.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
to be fair, wrecks can happen at any time any speed and anywhere. I see collisions everyday regular driving where people die, far more than people messing around. really, enforcement shouldn't change. it is what it is, people die in car wrecks. I know eventually people are going to want people to lose ability to drive their own cars, ie. smart cars. but I really can't see that happening in our life spans
There’s roughly 6 million car accidents a year in the US. And roughly 37K die in accidents. As long as people are driving it will continue to happen so you’re right it is what it is. Nothing will stop it. Distracted driving is just as dangerous as anything else.

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
https://www.tampabay.com/news/publi...Bayshore-crash-was-built-for-speed_168752667/

I have a 20 year old who only drives my Mustang with me in it with him. I will not let him drive it alone. We were all that age, and the parents giving an 18 year old a GT is poor parenting in my opinion. We all know at that age we feel invincible. Giving a teenager that much car is begging for tragedy. If you love you kids/son, you don't temp fate with such a weapon. They can do damage with any car, but this choice of car was a poor one. My first car was a '66 Mustang straight six. My father told me, as I told my son when he got his Camry, "This is a great responsibility, a bad decision made with it can ruin everything- our home, our savings, and even the very lives of you or others." If a child cannot comprehend the costs and liabilities of driving a car, don't give them keys. Whether it is racing or driving impaired, kids (boys) are going to do stupid things. Hopefully this is a cautionary tale for all of us.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Well based on the logic that someone I didn't know killed someone with a gun leads to the government demanding I give up my guns, will we all need to give up our cars based on an occasional idiot driver?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Well based on the logic that someone I didn't know killed someone with a gun leads to the government demanding I give up my guns, will we all need to give up our cars based on an occasional idiot driver?
Neither one of those will happen IMO, but the future could certainly result in more laws and restrictions as the actions of more and more idiots keeps increasing. Blame more laws and restrictions on the idiots who do stupid shit.
Sponsored