Key battery low

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2020 BMW 330i Sedan
I just got one of these warnings yesterday and the car is only 6 months old. Anybody else have issues with them going out this early?

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
That warning may be if key out of range. If your car is running and key is somewhere else.

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
I just got one of these warnings yesterday and the car is only 6 months old. Anybody else have issues with them going out this early?
Since it's so damn cold out in NJ when I didn't drive it for 2 weeks it says it was conserving battery (on the dash instead of the Snake logo coming up) . Is that the same that you are getting? I feel like if the car is brand new the battery shouldn't have to be replaced. Once I drove it for a few days it was fine. Thankfully I have all-seasons on the R so can drive it all year.

OP
OP
Rev Happy

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2020 BMW 330i Sedan
My explorer last about 6 months. Just a battery swap, takes 2 sec.
Thanks, I would think they should last longer than 6 months though.

That warning may be if key out of range. If your car is running and key is somewhere else.
It came on when I was leaving the gas station so I was in the car with the key.

Since it's so damn cold out in NJ when I didn't drive it for 2 weeks it says it was conserving battery (on the dash instead of the Snake logo coming up) . Is that the same that you are getting? I feel like if the car is brand new the battery shouldn't have to be replaced. Once I drove it for a few days it was fine. Thankfully I have all-seasons on the R so can drive it all year.
The warning light came up on the gauge display after starting the car leaving the gas station.

Last edited:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
OP’s talking about the key fob battery.

Last edited:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Do what I did....watched a video on Youtube how to replace it without breaking any tabs.

Always have a spare battery ready to go since the other one will wear out too.

CVCashmere

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Should last longer, must have had a bum battery. My 2016 key fob went 4 years as a daily driver on the original battery.

Wheel Designers