Sponsored

Kenne Bell Unveils New 2018-2019 3.2L Quad Intercooler

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
The wait is over for KBs new kit. Taken from KBs Facebook page. Looks like I'll be getting a 2019 or 2020. Looks like it will fit similar to the previous kits except it feeds from the passenger side. Excited to have pre fabed hoses this time instead of cannibalizing pcv and evap hoses.

"NEW KENNE BELL 3.2L WITH QUAD INTERCOOLER
‘18-’19 MUSTANG 5.0
As promised, this one will be worth the wait. We will be displaying the new kit at the big Fabulous Fords Forever! Car Show in Anaheim this Sunday, April 14th. It features the Industry’s largest ‘18-’19 5.0 Supercharger, huge 170mm Throttle Body, 4.5” Mammoth Ram Air and a revolutionary Patent Pending Quad (4) Intercooler System."
FB_IMG_1555088751621.jpg
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
that looks like a big PITA. why they not go front feed?

OP
OP
racingmason

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
that looks like a big PITA. why they not go front feed?
Install looks similar to the previous kit where you remove the strut tower to firewall brace. They looked into front feed a while ago and posted this about it.

"Kenne Bell explored all the inlet tract and supercharger orientation pros and cons (+,-). All worked reasonably well but our tests clearly indicated none of the front inlet concepts could match the air flow capacity and HP of well designed rear inlet – and we have the data to prove it. And recommending our customers buy an expensive cool air kit, meter, headers, cams, etc. to match the rear inlet competition was unacceptable. Utilizing the large open space between engine and fenderwell allowed for a huge 1400HP 4.5” Ram Air Pipe to force feed the supercharger via a high pressure area behind the front bumper or other cool air source. That absence of a front inlet allowed us to move all superchargers (2.8, 3.2, 3.6, 4.2, 4.7, 4.9) farther forward creating more firewall to SC space for a monster free flowing rear inlet manifold. It also allowed for quick an easy supercharger upgrading. Jackshafts with their inherent added complexity, higher power consumption and torque/HP limitations, were ruled out many years ago."

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
maybe the results will change my mind but looking at this id lean to the whipple/edelbrock. be interesting to see dyno/track times

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Yeah I'd wait for real numbers and results before really passing judgement .

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Im willing to bet that the elbow the TB bolts to is removeable and O ringed to the blower case.

Id be shocked if it isnt anyways.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I would certainly hope so. Still looks like a nightmare! I had a KB on my 03 cobra and loved it, but with my 18, I’m glad I went Whipple. More power? Maybe, but 8’s are good enough for me!

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
And let me guess you change your plugs weekly? Or havnt at all? LOL. Lets wait and see some time slips and dyno numbers 1st.

I would certainly hope so. Still looks like a nightmare! I had a KB on my 03 cobra and loved it, but with my 18, I’m glad I went Whipple. More power? Maybe, but 8’s are good enough for me!

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sorry but that’s ugly as shit. I know it probably doesn’t matter as long as it’s fast but just because an ugly girl can F you good doesn’t mean you wanna be seen out in public with her lol

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Interesting look for sure. Of course, performance is the main factor when comparing to others on the market, but how it looks certainly is a factor when purchasing a kit. Same reason guys love the top mount turbo kits .... nice to see some pretty hardware when you pop the hood. The main casing looks nice, but that inlet looks like the designer had a few beers when he was making the CAD file.
Sponsored