Sponsored

Kenne Bell Pulley size

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Package
Anyone know what pulley size for approx 14lbs of boost? I need to get another pulley for when I complete my E85 swap and want to purchase it now instead of later. I can use it now with ms109.
Sponsored

OP
OP
proamas

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Well I have a 3.2 LC, at least I think I do. Hard to tell on the outside of the SC. What I'll say is, I was sold a 3.2 but I'm starting to think I have a 2.8 LC.

jchristena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yea, only thing I can recommend is to get the serial# off the side and call KB to see what you have. Hopefully they can answer the boost question as well.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thanks. Well I have a 3.2 LC, at least I think I do. Hard to tell on the outside of the SC. What I'll say is, I was sold a 3.2 but I'm starting to think I have a 2.8 LC.
I am really interested on your thoughts on the kit .
I am installing a very similar set up on my newly built motor .Also swapping in the Ford racing axles.
I too am also doing SW long tubes but I opted for cats as i don't want it too loud.
Does it sound good ?
Do you have a Lund tune and how is athe throttle response/low rpm grunt ?
Any track times ?
I was really missing a PD car after sellin my 12 with a snake bite TVS.
I am going from the on3TT to this kit -I am now sure I am not a fan of aftermarket turbo cars .

Also doing the 8 rib and 20 % overdrive .
Per the chart that came with the kit ,I need to go down to a 3.5 pulley even with the lower to make 16-17 psi.

Sponsored

OP
OP
proamas

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lund has done an awesome job on my tune. Are you an auto or manual car? If auto you'll find yourself driving in sport mode more often.

Why did you want to switch from twins? I do more racing and am considering going over to twins.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thanks man.
How does it sound? Mean I bet.
I am sure I will eventually end up ditching the cats.

Is it loud?

I am going to be tuned by Lund for e85 with ID 1000's and triple pumps
I may step up to 1300's.

I decided to try TT this time around because of my experience with OEM turbo cars and having belt issues on my TVS car.

I still have a 2015/auto with the Hellion kit that has gone 9.6

The KB is going on a manual car that had an on3 Kit .
I was not a fan on the throttle Respone /lag despite the fast spooling ceramic ball bearing turbos on tha car .
I also was not a fan of how it sounded -catless and muffled .

With cut outs I had before the mufflers it sounded loud and like a truck.

Having the engine out to replace the block was a perfect opportunity for me to switch and do headers /clutch at the same time .
Turns out I was also had to replace the heads (basically new long block) but I got a break scoring some GT 350 heads for the same price as regular GT heads .

I want the car to be primarily a fun street car but I will enjoy the challenges of trying of trying to row gears into the 9's.

So do you do road racing ?.One of these days I am going to try it out especially since that may en where my GT350 will shine(may be not with me driving ) as it is a miserable failure at the drag strip but still a very fun street car.
Sponsored