OP

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm going to reattack tomorrow. My dealer told me all panels would be repainted and replaced. I asked specifically about the rear quarter panel and he hasn't gotten back to me. I really hope it is miscommunication because cutting the quarter panel feels like a deal breaker to me. Too extreme. Almost all the fun of getting a new car has been sucked out.
Sponsored

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I wish you luck! Tough call, but I think replacing panels would make the decision easier for me, than if it was just paint and buffing.

OP
OP

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
So it was miscommunication. The rear quarter panel will use Smart fix to remove the dents and repainted. The rear decklid, left wheel, rear bumper, rear tail light, and left rear glass will be replaced. No bondo is expected to be used. Now I just continue to wait.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I would not buy a damaged New car, unless it was discounted in a big way. Scratches and dents, I would walk unless the discount is too big to allow you to walk.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If this happened in the States I'd probably say just look for a new Bullitt if it's not too much trouble, but being in Germany I'm sure they're extremely rare so I'd probably have the fix done and forget about it. The car is too much fun to miss out on because it had a little paint work and dent removal. My car arrived with a few scratches by the door handle, with a little buffing and a little paint work by a great body shop, I have trouble even finding the blemish now and most days forget it even happened and it was only 3 months ago lol.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
If this happened in the States I'd probably say just look for a new Bullitt if it's not too much trouble, but being in Germany I'm sure they're extremely rare so I'd probably have the fix done and forget about it. The car is too much fun to miss out on because it had a little paint work and dent removal. My car arrived with a few scratches by the door handle, with a little buffing and a little paint work by a great body shop, I have trouble even finding the blemish now and most days forget it even happened and it was only 3 months ago lol.
^^^^ I'd like to think I could do exactly this. It's unfortunate it happened, but the Bullitt is not easily or quickly replaceable in DE. As the current owner of two Dinan BMW's, a 440 vert and M550, I can state with absolute certainty the new Bullitt is more fun to drive. The Mustang makes me smile every time I get in and enable the track mode exhaust :-)

The bimmer's are arguably "better" cars, but not more fun to drive.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I think rare is an understatement. Since mine is US Spec, there isn't even another one inbound that isn't already taken. I would start all over again waiting for it to get built. I'm just not willing to do that.

OP
OP

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Well... Here is the end to this story. I turned down K0047. Too much drama with the insurance and it's still not fixed. It was also moved from Ford to a third party body shop. Insurance said Ford was too expensive and didn't even inform the dealer they moved it. I imagine it will be available soon here at Ramstein.

BUT... I was able to take home K0029 today. I owe mejohn50 a huge thanks because if he didn't message me about another Bullitt on a Road show, I would have never asked them to get me that car.

Here is the new Bullitt.

rps20181105_183547red.jpg
rps20181105_183614red.jpg

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Congrats on K0029. Is it identical to K0047, same options?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Congrats, having an even earlier car now could make it even more collectible. Happy motoring!

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Well... Here is the end to this story. I turned down K0047. Too much drama with the insurance and it's still not fixed. It was also moved from Ford to a third party body shop. Insurance said Ford was too expensive and didn't even inform the dealer they moved it. I imagine it will be available soon here at Ramstein.

BUT... I was able to take home K0029 today. I owe mejohn50 a huge thanks because if he didn't message me about another Bullitt on a Road show, I would have never asked them to get me that car.

Here is the new Bullitt.

rps20181105_183547red.jpg
rps20181105_183614red.jpg
Hey, glad you were able to work it out and snag that one. Next time I’m up there I’ll hit you up so I can check it out. Looks great.

OP
OP

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks everyone. The new car is exactly the same as the old one. This car is an awesome package and I feel like a million bucks driving around in it. It was worth the wait. I got it up to 100 mph on autobahn on the way home before I shut it down. After I get it broken in, I'll push it farther. My s197 did not like being above 130 mph.
Sponsored

Last edited: