Sponsored

K0047 showed up, but damaged...

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I am so sorry this happened. Please keep us updated on what you decide to do.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Well after 2 weeks, nothing has been done. I was told a manager from Ford is coming down to approve the repairs and I'm not sure why that took two weeks. On another note, there is a used GT350 I think I'm going to entertain and take a look at. Thanks for all the support.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Obviously a strap came loose and beat on the car for miles to cause that damage... Terrible example of carelessness.

That said; Shit happens.

Get the dealership to properly do the repair, replace the damaged wheel and proceed to enjoy the car. These were meant to be driven, stone chips, door dings, fender benders can all happen. This will not make a difference in the value of your car. And besides... are you buying this as an investment or a toy?? if you're in it for the money theres better places to invest than a car lol.

If the repair is done right nobody will care. You will have documentation proving that the car wasn't in an accident should any potential future buyer detect it.

Bottom line: Buy it, Put it in track mode (so you can fully experience the vicious snarl of the Coyote V8, drive it, and you'll forget this ever happened. I won't even say I told you so.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I would walk away....if it was JUST a GT or Ecoboost, and not a possible collector car, maybe see how it turns out once fixed.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I would walk away....if it was JUST a GT or Ecoboost, and not a possible collector car, maybe see how it turns out once fixed.
Soooo this car is worthless now?? If you drive your car anything can happen. Once you start to put mileage on the car becomes used and will depreciate, By the time the cycle swings and the car begins to appreciate beyond its current value we will be all be old and gray.

Dont get me wrong, my bullitt isn't a daily driver, it lives in my heated garage, and is mostly destined to see sunny days. If I ordered it and it showed up damaged I would be furious/dissapointed/sad. I would not however give up the chance to own it for fear of potentially losing its collectability.

This is paint damage; not flood, fire, frame or panel replacement. Its brand new, the paint should match flawlessly.
Remember; this is a Ford Mustang.... they come out of the box with flaws. so does a $100k corvette. Lets not mistake it for a supercar selling for upwards of $1M with flat, flawless mirror finish paint.

One last note to consider... do you think the desirability or value would be tarnished on a 67 S code fastback, any Shelby, 70 boss 302 or any other collectable mustang because of a paint repair done by the dealer when the car was new???

Sponsored

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Soooo this car is worthless now??

Your words, not mine.....
Lmfao maybe it at least has some good parts that can be salvaged before you’d condemn it to the crusher?
Let me know if your car ever gets a scratch... I’ll be happy to buy it for parts before you scrap it.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Lmfao maybe it at least has some good parts that can be salvaged before you’d condemn it to the crusher?
Let me know if your car ever gets a scratch... I’ll be happy to buy it for parts before you scrap it.

What happened to this car was more than just a scratch....glad you find yourself entertaining.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
To suggest that this car is not worth owning is what’s entertaining.

It needs paint on the deck lid and rear quarter because a strap was loose and banging on it.... a single stone chip on your hood can’t be repaired without painting the whole thing. How about a door ding? Same.
Nobody wants their car damaged but it’s going to happen to one degree or another to most cars at some point. When it does you fix it and forget about it.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Again, because you must have missed in the first time, I would not take this car because it is a limited edition car. If it was a GT, or Ecoboost, I probably would have them fix it and see what it looked like......and then decide. Boss, Bullitt, would pass, GT, Ecoboost, probably would buy if the fix was outstanding and if I had been waiting on the car for awhile and I could not get another just like it anytime soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
So good news and bad news today. Good news is repairs will finally start next week and I should get compensation based on depreciated value. The bad news, maybe, is they are replacing all panels and repainting. I am concerned about the rear quarter panel because from what I see, it requires to be cut out and a new one welded in. I don't think I should have to deal with that extensive of work on a new car. I dunno... still contemplating.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
So good news and bad news today. Good news is repairs will finally start next week and I should get compensation based on depreciated value. The bad news, maybe, is they are replacing all panels and repainting. I am concerned about the rear quarter panel because from what I see, it requires to be cut out and a new one welded in. I don't think I should have to deal with that extensive of work on a new car. I dunno... still contemplating.
Wow, hard to see why sheet metal needs replacement from the OPs photos! If they really intend to cut out the rear quarter and weld in a new one, I'd walk away now. From your photos, it looks like ~ 4 days of fill, paint and polish.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Why would they change the quarter? There are a few dings in it that can be fixed. I would run from the dealership and the car. They don't seem to know what they are doing.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I would run. Panel replacement requiring cutting / welding is a major repair and you will have always people questioning whether this car has been in the accident.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ghig.... I own a bullitt so the last thing I want to do is devalue it. All Im saying is that a paint repair (done properly) isn't the end of the world. Now... if the owner of a bullitt intends on flat bedding it home to put into their collection with the odometer stirring at 0... I wouldn't argue with you with respect to its sole purpose being a collector car.
If its to be a drivers car I stand by my argument that the damage isn't bad enough to give up the opportunity to own it.

Replacing the quarter makes no sense based on the pics.... I would think you got misinformation... I can see getting a new deckled, bumper cover, taillights etc. No way their cutting the sheetmetal.
Sponsored