OP
OP
Tickdoc

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
Turns out, it’s the best damn color too!

I’ve noticed when I go thru a drive thru at night that has flourescent lighting I get lots of compliments on the color. People love this car. Many stolen glances caught at stop lights. Even had one guy hang his head out the window and drop his jaw!

Strangest was a kid who came into our business wanting to know who owned the mustang. He said he saw it on the road and followed me in to ask about it. First one he saw in the flesh and as very complimentary. Kinda creepy but I think he was just smitten. ( with the car, not me).

What kind of admiration have you guys noticed?
Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I completely agree that this is one damn fine car. I was fortunate to get mine at MSRP out here in Northern California. All of a sudden I am getting numerous phone calls and emails from multiple dealerships. All of them except two were dismissive at the notion of selling at MSRP and now they are reaching out, “looking for good homes” for multiple Bullitt’s
isn't that funny how that works! I had a dealer that pushed that limited edition hoopla in my face and was saying basically it was now or never so I turned away bought from another dealer a month later and got a 3-year free maintenance pkg and a 5yr unlimited mileage wheel/tire protection.

I’ve noticed when I go thru a drive thru at night that has flourescent lighting I get lots of compliments on the color. People love this car. Many stolen glances caught at stop lights. Even had one guy hang his head out the window and drop his jaw!

Strangest was a kid who came into our business wanting to know who owned the mustang. He said he saw it on the road and followed me in to ask about it. First one he saw in the flesh and as very complimentary. Kinda creepy but I think he was just smitten. ( with the car, not me).

Isn't though! I cannot seem to drive it enough. Yes, it always amazes me to see the young kids in the back seats of their parent's car breaking their necks to look back at this car when driving down the highway. That speaks louder than words!

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL

Lots of looks for sure. If It's in the driveway and I out there, people who walk by will often start a conversation about it. Had a guy come up to me at a gas station and ask about it. And the best of all, had a flag person give me a V for Victory sign as I drove through the construction zone. That was in the first two months of driving it. Being as it's Winter here now, it hasn't been out much, so looking forward to the warm weather when it will be out more....

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Really looking forward to picking my new Bullitt up this coming week. It's funny. I really liked Kona blue. I looked all over the country for one with the same optional equipment as the Bullitt and I could not find ONE. The few with magneride were PP2 and would msrp as much as a Bullitt. Plus the Bullitt has the GT350 intake/CAI from what I understand and is simply a cooler looking car. I wasn't too keen on the 2009 Bullitt I owned but got comments everywhere. The '19 is a much better looking and performing car.
I am really looking forward to the gradual power coming on and the control of a stick again. My PD blown car is so torquey that it is almost more of a dragstrip car. I can't control the power easily.
Sound like yours is awesome, OP!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Everything you posted and more! I too have a little over 1500 miles and is a daily driver as well. This is one awesome car!!!

To be nit-picky I gotta complain about the single beep-beep horn. My 15 GT had dual horns, I was surprised this one only has a single horn.
You best not add another one...the Purists will get upset!! lol. My 69 Road Runner sounded the same!! I’m adding 3 more!!.. a Train Horn!!!

Sponsored

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Coupe 2.3L High Performance + HP + 6M
I've only had mine for less than a week and it is a great car but not the best. The Bullitt lacks the handling and performance of my old 2016 GT350. In my opinion, the Bullitt is like an Aston Martin and the GT350 is like a Porsche. Both are cars for different purposes and very happy with my purchase.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I've only had mine for less than a week and it is a great car but not the best. The Bullitt lacks the handling and performance of my old 2016 GT350. In my opinion, the Bullitt is like an Aston Martin and the GT350 is like a Porsche. Both are cars for different purposes and very happy with my purchase.
Yes, the 911 is probably the greatest sports car made. But, I would take an Aston Martin every day of week, because I would want something a bit more special and am prepared to give up pure performance for it. The same can be said of the Bullittt, GT350 comparison. The GT350 is a better pure sports car, but the Bullitt just has something that's more special, too me at least. There are many ways to define "Better", but for me and probably many, it is "total satisfaction" derived from it......

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Coupe 2.3L High Performance + HP + 6M
Yes, the 911 is probably the greatest sports car made. But, I would take an Aston Martin every day of week, because I would want something a bit more special and am prepared to give up pure performance for it. The same can be said of the Bullittt, GT350 comparison. The GT350 is a better pure sports car, but the Bullitt just has something that's more special, too me at least. There are many ways to define "Better", but for me and probably many, it is "total satisfaction" derived from it......
I agree except for the 911 part.

Last edited:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
You best not add another one...the Purists will get upset!! lol. My 69 Road Runner sounded the same!! I’m adding 3 more!!.. a Train Horn!!!
Actually the purists prefer the dual horn :)

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I could agree with that as my 17 gt350 was a superior handling car and reading the comments made by ex-Porsche owners pretty much validated what Ford engineering accomplished.

Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
You are spot on with the comparison between the GT350 and the Bullitt but its very hard to get the true difference while on public roads with all those other pesky cars and pedestrians and stop signs. The Bullitt is an all around fine car to hit regular roads with, on the track, GT350 all the way.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Oh boy.... I just can’t wait to become a “pure” ...Purist !! Install is next week!!!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
You are spot on with the comparison between the GT350 and the Bullitt but its very hard to get the true difference while on public roads with all those other pesky cars and pedestrians and stop signs. The Bullitt is an all around fine car to hit regular roads with, on the track, GT350 all the way.
I'm planning to close that gap a little with a FP handling package, lighter wheel and minor boltons. ;-)

Durthol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium & Elite, HP, Recaros, Tremec
Let me just say that, as a relatively new Bullitt owner (less than 3 weeks, just hit my 1000-mile break-in), I am in firm agreement with the OP: this is a truly astounding car. When I'm driving it, I feel like I'm always smiling -- whether that's because of that shove-into-the-seat, or the wow-nothing-else-sounds-like-this exhaust, or the when-did-Mustangs-get-this-kind-of-grip. Always smiling.

It's the first time I've had this much fun driving a car within legal limits -- just a set of nice, methodical shifts, listening to that symphony behind me. Oh, don't get me wrong: driving it beyond those limits is even more fun, but when the whole family is in the car (yes, my kids are in boosters in the back) and I have to be Mr. Responsible, I'm still smiling.

Never thought I'd end up with the Bullitt, either -- so that made this even more special.
Sponsored