Sponsored

Just the best damn car ever

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
I'm at a little over 1500 miles now and I gotta say this car is just unbelievably fun.

It feels odd having so much power on tap at all times, and I am amazed at how easy it is to drive as a daily.

Each week seems to offer up new surprises. It's getting colder out now and the heated steering wheel is something I didn't think I would ever need or want but man it works well.

Rain/snow mode is also a welcome surprise. I know how to handle a car in bad conditions but it really helps reduce wheel spin when the road is wet.

Magnaride is incredible. I can't believe a car this big can handle this well. It is smoother than I expected but still crisp and precise. I used to love the way I could feel every little nuance through BMW steering (pre-2004) and this car has all of that precision for confident handling even if you don't feel every road imperfection. It tracks way better than expected on rutted pavement and I assume magnaride is a big reason why.

The exhaust is just incredible. makes me smile every time I start it, every time I accelerate, every time I let off it....it is just intoxicating.

I was seriously considering a used 911 before this became available, and I am so glad I waited for the new Bullitt.

Only real gripes I have are for a little rattle from the door from time to time, the headlights could be better, and the wipers aren't rain-sensing. small gripes.

That is all. would love to hear what the other owners are experiencing.
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Pretty much everything you said. I have the same mileage on mine right now, (2,400 km). Absolutely love mine as well. The car rides surprisingly smooth, you don't realize how quick you are going at time. Definitely have to keep that it check.... It is an absolute "feel good" car, and love the looks you get everywhere....Also used the heated steering wheel the other morning, very nice to have...and also used the wet/snow setting because it was cool 40F and damp, and no drama...... Love the handling and power, and not unhappy with the low end power as long as your not in a big gear... Haven't had a manual in the house for about six years, so, just ave to remember it doesn't downshift by itself when you come to a red light.

Also really enjoy the rev match. Turned it off the other morning because it was 06:00 on Sunday morning and didn't want to make too much noise, and found the compression braking somewhat annoying when I down shifted and let out the clutch

One of the things I love about the Bullitt is its exclusivity. Greater Vancouver is the Luxury car capital of North America, lots of Lambo's, Mclaren's, Aston's, Merc GT's, Porsche's etc... But you won't see too many Bullitt's, and that just makes it that much more special...

Absolutely love the colour as well.......

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Pretty much everything you said. I have the same mileage on mine right now, (2,400 km). Absolutely love mine as well. The car rides surprisingly smooth, you don't realize how quick you are going at time. Definitely have to keep that it check.... It is an absolute "feel good" car, and love the looks you get everywhere....Also used the heated steering wheel the other morning, very nice to have...and also used the wet/snow setting because it was cool 40F and damp, and no drama...... Love the handling and power, and not unhappy with the low end power as long as your not in a big gear... Haven't had a manual in the house for about six years, so, just ave to remember it doesn't downshift by itself when you come to a red light.

Also really enjoy the rev match. Turned it off the other morning because it was 06:00 on Sunday morning and didn't want to make too much noise, and found the compression braking somewhat annoying when I down shifted and let out the clutch

One of the things I love about the Bullitt is its exclusivity. Greater Vancouver is the Luxury car capital of North America, lots of Lambo's, Mclaren's, Aston's, Merc GT's, Porsche's etc... But you won't see too many Bullitt's, and that just makes it that much more special...

Absolutely love the colour as well.......
Amen to all that

Wire Paladin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2019 Bullitt
Everything you posted and more! I too have a little over 1500 miles and is a daily driver as well. This is one awesome car!!!

To be nit-picky I gotta complain about the single beep-beep horn. My 15 GT had dual horns, I was surprised this one only has a single horn.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
I ordered at 2019 GT PP1, Magneride, etc. spec’ed it out to have everything just like a Bullitt sans the larger intake so, subtract 20hp. Figured I could add a JLT intake and a tune to pickup the extra ponies. At the time I just could not get my head around the Highland Green and the retro wheels / chrome trim. So I ordered Magnetic with the Nickle wheels. Now a little more than one week after placing my order, and reading your post, I’m sorta thinking that I should have just purchased a Bullitt. Probably will retain resell $$ better and I could be driving right now instead of waiting on my order, which will be delivered......who knows when.... Would it be totally uncool to talk to my dealer about cancelling my order now and just taking a Bullitt off the lot? I belive they have two in stock. I got the ordered GT at $1150 below invoice (ie: nearly $4k below MSRP) via Costco Buying Program. . Not sure what pricing I could expect on the Bullitt. I don’t think it is on the discount pricing sheet. Anybody get a price below MSRP? Or are these getting a premium?

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Everything you posted and more! I too have a little over 1500 miles and is a daily driver as well. This is one awesome car!!!

To be nit-picky I gotta complain about the single beep-beep horn. My 15 GT had dual horns, I was surprised this one only has a single horn.
Yep, the horn is the one thing that's pretty sad. Apparently its the same with al MY19 Mustangs... Ford saving a few $ per car...

OP
OP
Tickdoc

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
I ordered at 2019 GT PP1, Magneride, etc. spec’ed it out to have everything just like a Bullitt sans the larger intake so, subtract 20hp. Figured I could add a JLT intake and a tune to pickup the extra ponies. At the time I just could not get my head around the Highland Green and the retro wheels / chrome trim. So I ordered Magnetic with the Nickle wheels. Now a little more than one week after placing my order, and reading your post, I’m sorta thinking that I should have just purchased a Bullitt. Probably will retain resell $$ better and I could be driving right now instead of waiting on my order, which will be delivered......who knows when.... Would it be totally uncool to talk to my dealer about cancelling my order now and just taking a Bullitt off the lot? I belive they have two in stock. I got the ordered GT at $1150 below invoice (ie: nearly $4k below MSRP) via Costco Buying Program. . Not sure what pricing I could expect on the Bullitt. I don’t think it is on the discount pricing sheet. Anybody get a price below MSRP? Or are these getting a premium?

Well, I was feeling the same as you, and about to order a highly spec'd pp2 at one point (in the dark red) but the Bullitt was so well packaged straight out of the box. Add in the unique color with a subdued sleeper element and I was sold. I was not overjoyed with the look of the bright red calipers and the big Bullitt logo, but in person it works. I love the calipers now and I don't mind the big ''ol Bullitt on the back nearly as much as I thought I would. I don't even see the one on the steering wheel for some odd reason. The whole car is packaged well and the chrome trim sets it off from every other mustang you see.

Not many mention the value here. This is the best value on the planet for a sports car right now. You have to spend a solid 30% more to even get close to anything like this from Europe or Japan. You can get close in a Camaro but they are hideous imo.

Standard transmissions are dying a quick death at the expense of quicker shifts. I hate flappy paddles and have never enjoyed manumatics. This transmission is well done. It shifts smooth and solid without wearing out your left leg, but is still raw. I love feeling the engine pulse through the gearshift when your hand is resting on it at a stoplight in neutral. Most manuals I have had have engineered that connection to the gearshift out of the lever. There is just enough polish in this car to make it livable, but plenty of raw to keep it fun.

I also don't like the turbo everything trend going on now. Performance enhancing for sure but no where near as satisfying as this highly perfected coyote V8. I keep my cars forever and I don't like the thought of replacing a turbo way past warranty. This one is as competitive without the added boost.

No car is perfect...they all have quirks in either design or execution, but with this one, all you do is push the start button and row that shiny cue ball shifter and all those little quirks disappear as a big smile develops on your face. I've never owned a car that makes me spontaneously grin every single time I drive it.

I keep my cars forever and this one is a keeper.

If your dealer still has two sitting, I would be willing to bet they would deal at MSRP at least to see one go off the lot. Best of luck, either way you'll end up with a great car.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
There are more and more reviews showing up on YouTube, and they all seem to have a common thread. The drivers cant help themselves getting all giddy when they give it the beans...… I read a comment on a message board, where someone said, all dealers have to do is start the engine and the call will be sold....

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Exhaust noise, looks, and green color - that's about as short as I can get the list :-) By the way, the steering tracks nice as a function of the base capability inherent in the S550's steering system along with the front wheel/tire size. I have not experienced what some have reported for tramlining for the models where the front wheels are larger (GT350, GT w/PP2).

The '18+ refresh was a nice base on which to build a Bullitt. I only wish I had a CD player with my base stereo, but I can live with a USB stick. I won't change a thing on this car.

Bullitt1589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #1589
I'm still getting used to the super springy clutch, but every manual car has that not just Bullitt. I might try the Steeda spring. Other than that everything about the car is amazing.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I have 3,500 miles on mine now and it still is the perfect car to me too. Love everything about it and will be a keeper for sure. This car is a high water mark for me. I was hoping for a new Bullitt for several years, and Ford hit it out of the park. All the tech and luxury I want, the perfect look and amazing performance that's the best of all worlds. I only wish I had more time to drive it. Even after a 7 hour drive 2 weekends ago, I still wanted to keep driving it.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I'm still getting used to the super springy clutch, but every manual car has that not just Bullitt. I might try the Steeda spring. Other than that everything about the car is amazing.
I think you'd find the Steeda 35 # spring a big improvement in clutch pedal feel

kev1949

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I only have 700 miles on my 2019 gt and find it to be a real blast. i was a previous Corvette owner 2002C5 and2008C6 both 6 speed manual.I find the 10 speed auto outstanding.This car is more fun than my first car a1966 Mustang gt,289 4bbl 4 speed candy apple red.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I have 3,500 miles on mine now and it still is the perfect car to me too. Love everything about it and will be a keeper for sure. This car is a high water mark for me. I was hoping for a new Bullitt for several years, and Ford hit it out of the park. All the tech and luxury I want, the perfect look and amazing performance that's the best of all worlds. I only wish I had more time to drive it. Even after a 7 hour drive 2 weekends ago, I still wanted to keep driving it.
Matt, are you seeing any oil usage? Do you have a catch can on it?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt, are you seeing any oil usage? Do you have a catch can on it?
Checked the dipstick at 2,500 miles and oil was right in the middle of the two dots so looks like no oil usage. Don't have a catch can. I know some people swear by them but my opinion is if they were necessary, Ford would have included it from the factory.
Sponsored