Sponsored

Plazaautos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
GR3Z-6010-F is the correct part number for the Vooddo block. Now, Parts.Ford doesn't have that part # (6010) listed under the GT350, so it's possible that Ford doesn't want to sell the bare block. Even the short block, 6009, doesn't come up. It may be possible to order the bare block as the part number still comes up on the dealer websites, but availability may be hit or miss. You could use the Predator block but you'll have to check the clearance between the pistons and oil squirters.
The GR3Z-6010-F shows available, 25 in Detroit. Is there any modifications needed to use this block ? I am assuming there isn’t, but need to ask ?
Sponsored

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
No but you will need to order the longer 12mm head bolts (or studs if you prefer), the oil galley plugs at the front and back of the block, the dowel pins for the timing chain guides and front and rear covers and oil squirters.

Plazaautos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
No but you will need to order the longer 12mm head bolts (or studs if you prefer), the oil galley plugs at the front and back of the block, the dowel pins for the timing chain guides and front and rear covers and oil squirters.
Thank you for the help. Block is ordered, I have MMR ARP 2000 head studs will that work ?
Front cover I assume to mean the front timing cover. Will the one I removed from my factory block work ?
Rear cover I assume to mean the rear main seal and cover for my year , I will order new ?

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
The front and rear covers from your block can be reused. I meant you also need to order the dowel that locate the covers to the block. There are four in total and are all the same part number.
Either one of MMR head stud part numbers Model: 110332 (2020 GT500) or Model: 450020 (2018+ Gen3 Coyote) will work.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
GR3Z-6010-F is the correct part number for the Vooddo block. Now, Parts.Ford doesn't have that part # (6010) listed under the GT350, so it's possible that Ford doesn't want to sell the bare block. Even the short block, 6009, doesn't come up. It may be possible to order the bare block as the part number still comes up on the dealer websites, but availability may be hit or miss. You could use the Predator block but you'll have to check the clearance between the pistons and oil squirters.
I have heard some claim the predator block is ”stronger”
Any truth to that ?
It usually is only $100 more .

I always thought the only difference was the location for the oil squirters and the extra machining process for clearance for the bigger rods .

Sponsored

OP
OP

windsor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Anecdotal, but Predators are holding like up to 1300-ish.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Main and rod clearances? Where you guys setting them up at? Mine are at .0020-.0023. 5W-30 spec.
Sponsored