Sponsored

Just put my order in for the 2016 GT350

JGRoush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Stage 2 Roush Mustang
Just under $52k msrp
What dealership did you go to? The one by my house said they're not taking pre-orders! Bunch of bs! Did you happen to ask how many they plan on getting & what number in order your purchase is?
Sponsored

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Congrats!
Personally I would let the dealer wash the car, too hard to see small imperfections that you might find once the car is home (and dealer won't cover once it leaves the lot) if it's dirty when you take delivery.
That said, what I am going to do is make sure that I get prior notice of when it arrives at the dealership, so I can be there to see it unloaded off the truck, and watch as it is washed/detailed etc. Lots of cars get damaged during transit or unloading and fixed before customer is notified that car is in house (without telling them of course).

healntoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 GT350 Convertible
Extra cost the dealers add to cars with lots of hype when they are first released. It's driven by people without self control.
...it's driven by those who make a conscious choice to pay a premium.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Hi all, first post on the forum.

I currently have a 2013 SBY Boss 302, a 2014 Limited F150 and my bride drives a 2015 Explorer Sport - big Ford fans. Here is a link to my wheelwell page - https://www.wheelwell.com/profile/54e638daaef4b87359e8691e/garage/

I have just ordered a 2016 GT350, Avalanche Gray, black stripes and the black roof. I am stoked, was 99% sure that I wanted the MagneRide - but decided to stay bone stock. The value at stock msrp was just too much to miss. I did agree to pay a $5k ADM. Never imagined I would pay ADM for a big production car, paid $2500 below sticker on the Boss from the same dealer - though this was their last allocation and they said the least they took was $15k ADM. They got 4 GT350's and 1 GT350R. I live in the Bay Area, CA so rather than buying in AZ or some other state - I'll buy from my local dealer and will get to control the entire process. They have agreed in writing not to take off any plastic/stickers, not to wash it and not to put a front license plate on it - anything else I should make sure to do? Look forward to seeing how that Flat Plane Crank feels at redline!!!
Congrats on your order!!! I have the same color combo with OTS instead of black roof on an R.

Look... Your money is your money. How you choose to spend it is your perogative. Let's look at it this way... Like PP0001 said, you are already $2500 up on the game. If you had bought an out-of-state car you would've likely spent at least $1000 on transport. So, that means that you are now only paying $1500 up.

If you were able to accomplish that feat in the Bay Area, then I think you made a major accomplishment.

Now all those guys hating on your $1500 ADM will be waiting on a ride at MSRP for 1-2 years, or never. Great purchase!!!

Last edited:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
What is ADM?
To answer your question a little more clinically and without any ranting: Additional or Added Dealer Markup - the premium a buyer is willing to pay over and above the MSRP price on the factory sticker to obtain a vehicle. Paying ADM is a matter of personal choice for buyers; some people will pay it to get what they want, and some people will never pay it and pass on the deal.

Sponsored

adrift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes Benz GLK
Congratulations, bretlasalle! I expect that avalanche 350 will be a great ride for sure! I'd agree with letting the dealer wash it for inspection, but otherwise think you're spot on. :thumbsup:

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I ordered Avalanche Grey with the black roof and black stripes too. I opted for the Tech package though. I wish someone had pictures one like we have ordered. I have seen the photo chops with the black roof and stripes but the real deal would be better. We are definately taking a chance ordering a car sight unseen. I have only read about people saying the color looks great in person and how the camera doesn't do the car much justice. Congrats on your order!

Reefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT, 93 LX Coupe, 66 Fairlane GT
OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm a bit nervous, I think I am just going to pay a detailer to come out to the dealer with me, detail it at the dealership so there are no questions about the delivery condition and call it a day.
Just ask them to call you when the car is nearby on the truck and watch the whole delivery. You can take it from there.

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I ordered Avalanche Grey with the black roof and black stripes too. I opted for the Tech package though. I wish someone had pictures one like we have ordered. I have seen the photo chops with the black roof and stripes but the real deal would be better. We are definately taking a chance ordering a car sight unseen. I have only read about people saying the color looks great in person and how the camera doesn't do the car much justice. Congrats on your order!
It's always a little easier in the buying process, when the car is sitting in front of you haha. I thought I wanted a white 2013 Boss 302 until I saw School Bus Yellow in person, I said to myself, "Parnelli Jones would have wanted it this way" haha. Here are the photos that helped me decide on Avalanche.

This is the photo that made me seriously debate going with white stripes...
Sponsored