Just purchased a Procharger for my 2018 Mustang GT

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
So just purchased the P-1SC-1 with the P-1x head unit from team beefcake this morning. Any tips or comments from any of the members who know this product?
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Welcome to the dark side! stg2 I sure hope.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I didn't do the stage two because I didn't want to have to swap the lower pulley. And quite truthfully from what power numbers pro charger and beefcake toldme will be fine for me. My goal is to order a new Mach 1 with the automatic transmission and if I like the ProCharger on the car I currently have I can just swap them.

tri66ger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Nice! I just purchased stg 2 P1X from Lethal. They called a bit ago and said ProCharger is about 2 weeks out on orders. Can't wait!

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Ditto. I called both Whipple and ProCharger and Whipple was 8 weeks out. I've installed a Whipple before and it's not a bad install but much more involved then the pro charger. I had a centrifical on my 2009 Bullitt and I liked it but I also like the Whipple. My thought is since the coyote revs higher the ProCharger might be a better fit. We'll have to compare notes after we get them on!

Sponsored

tri66ger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Hell yeah! I researched quite a bit and ProCharger was by far the most appealing to me. I think mostly because of ease of install and not a lot of chopping stuff up. Plus I will be doing the install by myself in my garage. We can count the days til they arrive together!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Thanks! I didn't do the stage two because I didn't want to have to swap the lower pulley. And quite truthfully from what power numbers pro charger and beefcake toldme will be fine for me. My goal is to order a new Mach 1 with the automatic transmission and if I like the ProCharger on the car I currently have I can just swap them.
Stg 2 the bigger intercooler!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Stg 2 the bigger intercooler!
This. Even if doing HO the stg 2 intercooler is like 200 some and that's it. Definitely worth it. Did you do a complete kit with PC tune or HO tuner kit for custom tuning?
20200716_184012.jpg

But regardless congrats.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I did the complete kit with the canned tune. I called ATI Procharger and spoke with the fellow Drew. He was very helpful and friendly. He told me to do the PX indeed of the psc head. And do Helical gears.
The primary reason I did the canned tune was because of my success with the Whipple tune on the Bullitt I owned. It drove smoother than stock. I'm hoping the same with the time included with this kit.

But you mention the bigger intercooler. It seems that it would need the stage 2 ungrade, or an I wrong on this? I absolutely do not want to change the damper.

I'd like your or anyone's feedback. Thanks!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I did the complete kit with the canned tune. I called ATI Procharger and spoke with the fellow Drew. He was very helpful and friendly. He told me to do the PX indeed of the psc head. And do Helical gears.
The primary reason I did the canned tune was because of my success with the Whipple tune on the Bullitt I owned. It drove smoother than stock. I'm hoping the same with the time included with this kit.

But you mention the bigger intercooler. It seems that it would need the stage 2 ungrade, or an I wrong on this? I absolutely do not want to change the damper.

I'd like your or anyone's feedback. Thanks!
The stg 2 intercooler is a very common add on with the non stg 2 HO/ tuner kits. I want to say it's like a $250 addon(don'tquote exact price). Talk to Drew about it tomorrow. I'm sure it's an easy update to your order he can include if you are interested. Its around 75% more volume and helps tremendously.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I purchased it through beefcake just this morning. I'm sure he can still added on to the order. Does that additional volume somehow affect the tune?

tri66ger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Thanks! I purchased it through beefcake just this morning. I'm sure he can still added on to the order. Does that additional volume somehow affect the tune?

The price for the stg 2 intercooler upgrade is way less than having to buy it later on. It will allow for cooler intake charge and plenty of room to grow. I don't think you have to remove the damper for the stg 2 pulley. I got the tuner kit because I have ff exhaust and procharger said canned tune won't work. I got 95lb injectors and a fuel pump booster. Probably go with Lund for a tune.

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2017 GT350 with the stage two P1X complete kit installed. I went with the 9psi option. I will just say that it does not disappoint! Very impressive kit that is essentially a bolt on. On 91 octane and with the canned tune, it’s advertised the 350 makes 877hp at the crank at 9psi. So roughly 750 at the wheel. I have not confirmed it with a dyno yet but the butt dyno tells me it feels like it! Plus, there is room to turn it up and crank out another 200 plus horsepower on this stock motor when I get the okay from the other half. Procharger is number one in my opinion!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The tune would not change to add the stg 2 intercooler only. just cools more efficiently. The full stg2 does NOT require changing the balancer, just adds an extra pulley to it real easy. Personally there is absolute no way I would order the HO kit. Stage 2 bigger intercooler, and 8 rib belt setup hands down. But atleast for you have @beefcake modify the order to get the bigger intercooler.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feeback. My concern of adding the external 2 ribs is that OPG failure seems to be more prevalent on cars that have the balancer replaced or modified. Ford changed the balancer on the 18 and up GTs which seem to fix the OPG problem. I am looking for about 600 rwhp as I don't want to get into the axles, etc.

I really appreciate everyone giving feedback and am ruminating over it. I also spoke with Drew at Procharger and his comment was to do the PX1 head and helical gears which I ordered from Beefcake. I also sent Beefcake an email giving feedback from this forum which has been very helpful. Waiting for their response whether to change the existing order.

Now my question is, without going stage 2, will the car drive poorly, shift poorly (r1080)? Driveablilty is more important to me than an additional 30-50 rwhp.
Sponsored