Sponsored

Just pulled the trigger on FI finally (Procharger P1-X Stage 2)...

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
I had planned on going FI right after I bought my 2016 CO GT PP a year ago, but kept putting it off. Today I decided to finally pull the trigger. Decided to go with a centrifugal for a lot of reasons and could not beat the deals that Team Beefcake had.

I went with a Beefcake Special Stage 2 Procharger system with:
- P-1X Head Unit with the quieter helical gearset
- Satin finish on both the head unit and brackets
- Brisk Spark Plugs (1 Heat Range Colder than stock)
- Standard Bypass Valve
- VMP Plug and Play BAP
- Injector Dynamics ID 1050x's

I am going to have Lund Racing upgrade my existing 93 octane NA tune to one for the Procharger setup. Hoping for low to mid 600 rwhp with 10 to 11 PSI.

Anyone know if I can still use my JLT oil separator with this setup? If not, looks like I will be selling that along with my JLT CAI.
16gt008.jpg
Sponsored

pxdenial

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
They just made 646 on a stock S550 at Procharger on monday with 10.4 psi

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Beautiful car! Will be as fast as she looks. Congrats!

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Yeah man... tires. In the cold I managed to spin the pirellis at over 90mph. In the heat on the right road they will hook sometimes in second, but forget about first. I have 315 now and granted they are plain street tires, but still spins 1st really bad. Get ready for the boost addiction.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Nice ride, and it'll be even nicer once you get that ProCharger on and spinning. That's awesome stuff, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Very nice! I have almost the same setup and very happy with it. Beefcake special as well.

As far as the catch can goes, the one you have wont work. You'll have to get a procharger specific can. UPR is currently the only one that makes one. Beefcake sells them as well.

OP
OP

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks all. After ordering I started to study up on OPG/CS replacements and if they were needed. Decided that doing it up front was better than paying for a new motor later. I ordered the MMR gears and sprocket from Beefcake today. Also picked up a Eco-boost PP center gauge unit that includes a boost gauge from Blue Oval Industries.

I have a local guy lined up to do the OPG/CS install and may end up having him do the procharger install at the same time since some of the install is overlapping.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Congrats you'll love it. FWIW don't pay too much attention to the EB PP guage. It's horribly inaccurate, more of just a look at this novelty.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
Thanks all. After ordering I started to study up on OPG/CS replacements and if they were needed. Decided that doing it up front was better than paying for a new motor later. I ordered the MMR gears and sprocket from Beefcake today. Also picked up a Eco-boost PP center gauge unit that includes a boost gauge from Blue Oval Industries.

I have a local guy lined up to do the OPG/CS install and may end up having him do the procharger install at the same time since some of the install is overlapping.
I'm curious who your using for install?

Sponsored
OP
OP

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious who your using for install?
I have quotes from two local guys from the Atlanta s500 Facebook group both are really reasonable and have also quoted installing the procharger. I will be picking one of these guys once I have all the parts in transit and can work out a schedule.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
thanks for the biz... you'll be grinning ear to ear soon!!!

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Congrats you'll love it. FWIW don't pay too much attention to the EB PP guage. It's horribly inaccurate, more of just a look at this novelty.
It displays an inferred level based on torque calculations. If your tune is correct, it will be correct. If your torque tables are hacked up, it'll be wrong.

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats man! :thumbsup: Nearly in an identical spot, waiting until fall to order everything for a winter install and this exact setup is currently running 1st on the FI options list. :cheers:
Sponsored