Just picked up my 19 GT Prem/PP1, coming out of 08 Cayman S

gothampony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package 1
Have owned nothing but Audis (S4, RS4), and Porsche (997S, 08 Cayman S), and a few A4s (B7 and B8) over the past 12+ years. My Cayman needs some work, so it's going into hibernation for a three month total fix up, and I needed something sensible for the New Hampshire winter. So of course I got into a... 19 Mustang GT, w/PP1 and Premium package. Totally sensible right?

Haha. Uhm, wow, G-d Bless America, and sending my love to my late Dad who brought me up in Chevy and Ford cars. Never a sports car for him, but he must have sent me this way. I am in love with this car, and in love with what Ford has managed to do. Really deserve tons of credit for where they've taken it.

Pic attached. I will have questions immediately to this crowd about the Roush supercharger kit. I just want to take this thing to the next level immediately, haha, the damned thing is so sick. If Batman drove a Ford, well I think I bought his car.

Nice to meet you all!
GT.jpeg
Sponsored

17again

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
Batman drove a mustang in TV series Gotham, fyi. Welcome aboard and welcome to the addiction.

OP
OP
gothampony

gothampony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
I love that series and am a few seasons behind. Uhm, last episode I saw Batman wasn't a thing yet in that show, so that's interesting.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Good choice. Now that the Boxsters and Caymans are coming in 4 cylinders-even better choice. You might want to look at the Hellion twin turbo kit seeing as you are coming from turbo cars.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If engine sound/backs seats/trunk space are your criterias then Mustang beats the 718 by a far margin.

From any other aspect(performance) the 718 Cayman S/GTS is going to give the Mustang a run for the money even with only 4 cylinders and 100hp less :)

The Porsche is in another class but both are awesome cars.

@gothampony congrats on the new ride

Good choice. Now that the Boxsters and Caymans are coming in 4 cylinders-even better choice. You might want to look at the Hellion twin turbo kit seeing as you are coming from turbo cars.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!

I would strongly recommend improving the control of the IRS subframe at a minimum before power adders. The car is good stock, but can be taken to another level without hardly any drawbacks, and without spending a fortune.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Congrats!

I would strongly recommend improving the control of the IRS subframe at a minimum before power adders. The car is good stock, but can be taken to another level without hardly any drawbacks, and without spending a fortune.
This.

BMR cradle lockout, FTW. Lowering springs while you're at it, if desired.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ha nice you got a race car! I can only imagine how nice it must be as I love my bone stock and base GT. I would have loved to get a premium with PP1, PP2, etc. and have bragging rights for an almost track ready car. But for 30K I got a brand new GT and it suits me just fine!

Congrats!

Kennyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Turbo S
I know the feeling, for I have 700 miles now on my 19 GT premium. Previously owned a Turbo S and like the stang more as everyday driver.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Coming out of a Porsche Boxster, you'd better head over to Steeda and spend a few grand sorting the suspension out.

Trust me, they can make a Mustang handle like a dream.

OP
OP
gothampony

gothampony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
FYI all my Porsches have been naturally aspirated, and my S4 and RS4 Audi were also. Even my A4 was the now gone (in the US) V6. Have never owned or driven turbos, not really a fan of the lag, and I understand some newer Porsches have them.

Also agree that while the Cayman S 08 is far more balanced and you feel far better connection to the road, you really feel strapped into the cockpit of a plane (as I imagine it anyway), the 19 GT provides a lot more lower end torque, more visceral engine relationship and power relationship. The Cayman you have to wind up pretty good. Don't get me wrong, I love them both, but I'm glad to have a V8 in the stable again. Will not give up the pcar that's for sure. And btw its a 6spd MT this GT.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I had an 06 Cayman S and several Audi, BMW, and other P-Cars. Multiple of the Japanese copies as well [Acura, Infiniti, Lexus F-sport)

This car puts a smile on my face every single day that I rarely achieved with the Germans.

Congrats, you will love it!