Sponsored

Just picked up a 2018 GT. Moving from a Focus RS. Need some things clarified.

skikarl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Afternoon everyone,

So like the title says, I just picked up a 2018 GT. It has the Roush Phase 1 super charger kit on it. This was done by Benchmont Ford Performance in Ohio when the car was new.

I purchased the Car from a friend of mine who was the second owner. Basically the car was sold to him (by a dealer) with no cats on it. We did not find out until a while later and long story short, I bought the car for pretty cheap because he did not want to deal with it.

The car does not pass inspection because it has "the big 3" monitors not set. Cat O2 and O2 heater. From my searches this is a common issue with tuned cars. I have had factory GT cats put back on the car and it will still not clear those monitors. I am suspecting this is due to there being a tune on the car, because it never threw a check engine light when it did not have cats.

So my questions are:

Is there anyway through Forscan or anything that the monitors might just be shut off and I could just turn them on? I believe that can only be done at the tune level, but there is a lot of conflicting information.

On the Roush website it says you need a specific j2354 OBD2 to USB cable to flash a Roush tune with their software. I have had people tell me in person and read stuff about being able to do this with a more standard OBDlink EX cable. I do have one of those and would like to try flashing flashing it back to "stock" Roush phase 1 if that is an option. The j2354 cables are like $300+ from what I can see.

Any information about what I can do about this will be great. I have already ordered the Phase 1 to Phase 2 upgrade kit that actually comes with a tune credit for Roush so, that will be an option too.
Sponsored