Sponsored

Just pay people a decent wage and maybe you wouldn't have issues finding help

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
This is not a political post don't make it one. its simply those with money are some greedy asshats post and that people are truly out of touch with reality.

So I live in Asheville NC. we now have the highest rate of police leaving their jobs of any agency in the country. 65 all together so far. We also have the highest rent and living expenses and lowest wages of just about anywhere. But instead of paying people a decent wage instead the city has decided to hire a branding and recruitment agency to rebrand the city and make it web pages and help with recruiting police officers. Hey here is an idea maybe take the 4 or 20 million what ever your gonna spend on some pointless consulting / recruitment agency and maybe oh I dont know pay the officers more? I mean do they really think rebranding the city and building a web page is gonna make anyone want to apply for underpaying jobs that they get no respect in?

Friend of mine who works at a retail shop same thing. Cant get any help.... they hire at 10 dollars an hour. A study we just had here in Asheville it now takes 44k a year or 22 dollars and hour to afford a 1 bedroom apartment here. Just who do they think they are gonna hire at a retail level for 10 dollars an hour? Now before you say well those are entry jobs... like 90% of anything for work in Asheville is hospitality and retail and the median income for an individual is 29k a year. The business owners in this town are so out of touch. One business my friend works at refuses to pay over time. and in order to avoid over time pay they closed the store early twice last week and lost about 6k in sales all to avoid paying anyone over time. they cant get help which is why they closed but 2 workers said they would stay and keep the store open... owner said nope i cant pay the over time. IN what world does a person put loosing 6k in sales as a priority to avoid paying a couple people a few hours of extra pay to help them out? its like these companies and cities are so hell bent on screwing employees they don't care what it cost to not pay them.

Its sorta like my brother the shithead is so cheap he tries to reuse and keep everything and in the long run it ends up costing him more to try and keep reusing old stuff in an attempt to not spend more money then if he had just bought something new to start with. these cities and businesses are all doing the same thing they are so determine to not raise pay they are spending more money to avoid rising pay then if they just raised the pay.
Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I hear ya, I know enough about NC to know that area is not rurual cheap cost of living. Lots of areas in NC have been "discovered" by all the retiring boomers or artists. Folks will resist thinking this Covid related labor deal will pass, not going to tho. The World Wide Pandemic has changed the whole game, millions now living have loss people, their awake to what's real in life, thinking new thoughts. I know ppl at the low end and the high end, rich and poor will have empty chairs this Thanksgiving again. Its a really sad reality and makes one think the hell with $10 per hr to get covid! New world now.

Deleted member 35644

You have to pay them substantially more than the "welfare" system is paying them now, because if you pay them the same or even slightly more, they'll elect to stay home and do nothing for the money. The welfare system hasn't actually been about welfare for a long time, it's been about handouts for the lazy. Cut back on paying people per- child and they'll get up and go to work.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
20 years ago, I worked for a company that had commissioned sales people. No salary. Good benefits and lots of opportunity with guaranteed territory. All the sales people who actually worked the territory to which they they were assigned passed the 90 day salary assistance period exceeded $35-40K the first year. Basically, it was your business within your assigned territory. Everyone who was there more than 3 years made $75-$100+K , but you had to work it. Now they can’t hire anyone for the job since the old guys retired. It’s out there, but YOU have to put some skin in the game, not be lazy, be willing to learn and be patient, aggressive, tactful, honest, knowledgeable, loyal, negotiable and smart. That takes 97% of people out of the success loop right off the bat.

Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
You have to pay them substantially more than the "welfare" system is paying them now, because if you pay them the same or even slightly more, they'll elect to stay home and do nothing for the money. The welfare system hasn't actually been about welfare for a long time, it's been about handouts for the lazy. Cut back on paying people per- child and they'll get up and go to work.
Meh, If A job pays less than it cost to live in the area you are pulling your workers from, they are not going to work for you, even IF welfare ended tomorrow.
If the take home pay can not put a basic roof over your head that you don't have to fear for your life while in that part of town. and put food on the table . you are not going to get employees.
If your wage take home is 1600.00 a month, but the wrong side of the tracks studio flat is 1100.00 a month, forced on you health insurance of 250.00 , That leaves you with 250. bucks a month for food, repairs to your car, fuel ,insurance, or a monthly public transport pass (100.00+ ) And something so you are not naked.
Yay, everyone thought the home prices/ values going up was great, Because they are Can't Understand Normal Thinkers and only think short term, not long term. When you price people out of Apartments and Homes, you kill off your employee pool , For all but the best paying Jobs, problem is, Those folks require the services of those that are now priced out of the area.
When those busting their Butts working their @$$es off, can't keep their heads above water, and every employers makes sure the work hours change enough so having a 2nd job is out of the question because they never know what they will be working next week. They throw in the towel.
On top of all that, the last decade or two of titled KARENS has shown that working anything customer service based is not worth it no matter the pay. So they don't.
Why take a job to be a kicking mule for others that think this type of treatment is A-ok. People stopped being the "whipping post" .
When it takes a 40k a year job to scrape by in many areas, they are shocked , I tell ya, that no one wants to work for 15.00 a hour PART TIME. That the yearly gross pay is 14-16 thousand a year.
Example Ad on "indeed"
CNC operator, 5 years min expernce 26k a year, health insurance group plan after 18 months.
26k for a full time gig, after working with that type machinery for 5 years or more.
FORGETABOUT IT.
Sponsored