Just ordered my New Setup, Stance SC-1 Brushed Titanium

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just ordered the Brushed Titanium Stance SC-1 and Michelin Pilot Super Sports from Jason at GetYourWheels.com

20x9 +32 265/35
20x10.5 +45 285/35

I have the option to shave the rear wheels down 3mm essentially pushing the wheels in 1/8 of an inch, which I think is +46 or +47 offset. The reason why I'm considering this is the fact that all the guys I've seen running the 20x10.5 +45 offset tend to look as though the rear wheels and tire sticks out to far, in some cases past the top of the fender line. What should I do, stick with the +45 offset or shave them down 3mm?

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Why didn't you just find wheels with the proper offset? They look nice though. hope they fit well for you.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Great looking wheel is is a forged wheel, cast or flowform style? How much are these? Cant find any pricing online

OP
OP
NewSchool

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why didn't you just find wheels with the proper offset? They look nice though. hope they fit well for you.
It's actually the correct offset and what a lot of guys here are running. I'm just being a little paranoid. I won't get them until the end of January because they just came out and it takes time to do the brushed finish.

OP
OP
NewSchool

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Sponsored

OP
OP
NewSchool

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The wheels are low pressure cast. No weight on them yet but we will weight them when the come in.

stretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
20 X 10.5 +45 is a tried and true wheel spec on the rear of the new Mustang. You are definitely not pushing the envelope in terms of width or offset. It is your tire choice and your personal taste that will dictate the look within your fender well. Forum member Brian@Vossen went with 315-width PSS tires on Vossen VFS1 wheels, producing a look that is a bit too full for my taste especially on a lowered car. JLT Performance, on the other hand, chose 295 tires on the same wheels and the look is pretty much perfect IMO.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
I just ordered the Brushed Titanium Stance SC-1 and Michelin Pilot Super Sports from Jason at GetYourWheels.com

20x9 +32 265/35
20x10.5 +45 285/35

I have the option to shave the rear wheels down 3mm essentially pushing the wheels in 1/8 of an inch, which I think is +46 or +47 offset. The reason why I'm considering this is the fact that all the guys I've seen running the 20x10.5 +45 offset tend to look as though the rear wheels and tire sticks out to far, in some cases past the top of the fender line. What should I do, stick with the +45 offset or shave them down 3mm?
The fact that you only went with a 285 rear tire, you definitely don't need to shave the wheels down. As Stretch said, even a 315 fits. They definitely won't stick out.

OP
OP
NewSchool

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Cool, thanks for confirming guys. I'll just leave the wheels as is, +45. The 285's will fit nicely within the fender. When I spent more for a wheel and tire step than I ever had in the past, I started stressing over the details. Just want it to be perfect!

Now the long 4 week wait to get them in!

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Yeah, the wait is still a bit since these wheels are new. The offset in the front are a bit high though for these cars but should still fit, they'll tuck in a bit though. Them being new I would like to confirm that these fit PP brakes before I offer them.

Being low pressure cast you're looking in the ball park of 27-28 for the fronts and 29-30 for the rears. Not too bad, they're 20's afterall. A very good looking wheel. Good design.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NewSchool

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah, the wait is still a bit since these wheels are new. The offset in the front are a bit high though for these cars but should still fit, they'll tuck in a bit though. Them being new I would like to confirm that these fit PP brakes before I offer them.

Being low pressure cast you're looking in the ball park of 27-28 for the fronts and 29-30 for the rears. Not too bad, they're 20's afterall. A very good looking wheel. Good design.
Thanks Jay, I was hoping they would be lighter than the stock PP Wheels. Here is a pic of a car that has the same offset in the front, running a 275/35. I'll be running a 265/35. Mine will tuck in a little more being a 265.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
i really like this wheel

OP when will you have them fitted to your car and any reason you didnt go wider on your tires? can not wait to see them

stretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
i really like this wheel

OP when will you have them fitted to your car and any reason you didnt go wider on your tires? can not wait to see them
He's already a full size wider front and rear than Ford's own choices for the performance pack and about a half-inch taller. Also, the PSS tires run wider (throughout the line) than the Pirelli P-Zero's that come with the performance pack, measuring more like 275- and 295-width tires from most other brands.

OP
OP
NewSchool

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i really like this wheel

Thanks, the availability of this wheel is the last week of December but a 4 week wait for the brushed titanium. I think it will be worth the wait!

Yes, as he ^ said the PSS tend to run a little wider and I don't want any bulging. I like the tires to fit nice and flush on the wheels.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Thanks, the availability of this wheel is the last week of December but a 4 week wait for the brushed titanium. I think it will be worth the wait!

Yes, as he ^ said the PSS tend to run a little wider and I don't want any bulging. I like the tires to fit nice and flush on the wheels.
Can't wait to see this, is your car lowered or will be? Also can you not run a 10 up front and 10.5 out back? I want more tire up front to get more front end grip and it will give more steering feedback I think.

I honestly love this STANCE wheel over any other wheel so far. What I like is they look like a machined forged mono block and can come brushed which no other cast wheel can be had. Please keep us all updated on this one I am waiting to order a set as soon as I see the profile and offsets on your car.
Sponsored