Sponsored

Just ordered a 2020 GT. Realistically, how long do you guys think it’ll take?

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Has anyone else ordered semi recently? How long has your wait been? That told me 8-10 weeks, but with the plants just reopening I’m predicting I won’t have it until September. Anybody else order recently?
Sponsored

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
They're supposed to start back up in June I think. They've been down for about 2 months. If they resume where they left off then logic dictates 2 months backlog + 5 weeks for your build. If it happens sooner, then great! But I would estimate a little over 3 months in order to avoid being disappointed.

AGM2018

Has anyone else ordered semi recently? How long has your wait been? That told me 8-10 weeks, but with the plants just reopening I’m predicting I won’t have it until September. Anybody else order recently?
I am contemplating ordering one this week...if I can't successfully negotiate a purchase deal on the 'Stang I am currently looking at. The only aspect I am taking into consideration is the fact that soon (I am "guessing" mid-to-late July probably) the 2021 model will available for order. If a 2020 custom order will be ready and delivered in September, a 2021 custom order will probably be ready and delivered just a bit later...my guess would be in mid-to-late October. Aside from a few new color offerings and the introduction of the new Mach 1, I would be surprised if there are any major additions/updates to the GT and Ecoboost. YMMV

OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
I am contemplating ordering one this week...if I can't successfully negotiate a purchase deal on the 'Stang I am currently looking at. The only aspect I am taking into consideration is the fact that soon (I am "guessing" mid-to-late July probably) the 2021 model will available for order. If a 2020 custom order will be ready and delivered in September, a 2021 custom order will probably be ready and delivered just a bit later...my guess would be in mid-to-late October. Aside from a few new color offerings and the introduction of the new Mach 1, I would be surprised if there are any major additions/updates to the GT and Ecoboost. YMMV
My main reason for ordering now was by the time it gets here, I’d assume the rebates on the 20 are going to be pretty good.

AGM2018

My main reason for ordering now was by the time it gets here, I’d assume the rebates on the 20 are going to be pretty good.
Perhaps...but, if one qualifies to use Ford financing, and with Ford's "Built To Lend A Hand" incentive, there is up to $3K in rebates on 2020's right now. And $500 more for active duty military, first responders and college students. So if there is more than $3500 when your 2020 comes in, that will be great...but, I wouldn't count on it.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Aside from a few new color offerings and the introduction of the new Mach 1, I would be surprised if there are any major additions/updates to the GT and Ecoboost.
2021 is a refresh year so you might be underestimating the changes. A lot of folks who picked up 2015's when the 16's started coming in regretted not getting Sync 3. With Sync 4 coming you could have the same scenario.

Wow, maybe not the best reason for ordering a new car. A lot of folks right now are finding dealers not budging on their prices with the 0% financing available. I doubt Ford is going to flood the market with 20's with the 21' refresh coming. That could mean tight supplies on 20's and that will affect pricing. If this is your only reason for doing this you might want to give some more thought.

AGM2018

2021 is a refresh year so you might be underestimating the changes. A lot of folks who picked up 2015's when the 16's started coming in regretted not getting Sync 3. With Sync 4 coming you could have the same scenario.

Wow, maybe not the best reason for ordering a new car. A lot of folks right now are finding dealers not budging on their prices with the 0% financing available. I doubt Ford is going to flood the market with 20's with the 21' refresh coming. That could mean tight supplies on 20's and that will affect pricing. If this is your only reason for doing this you might want to give some more thought.
Biker,

Good afternoon! I forgot about Sync 4; you may very well be correct. Do you foresee any other significant changes? Some of the new colors (Battleship Gray and maybe the new yellow hue) may be reserved for the Mach 1 only. I would be surprised if the GT and Ecoboost received any HP and/or torque improvements for the 2021 model year.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Many times, the rebates are only good for vehicles that have been on the lot for 60+ days, too. Just read the fine print.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Biker,

Good afternoon! I forgot about Sync 4; you may very well be correct. Do you foresee any other significant changes? Some of the new colors (Battleship Gray and maybe the new yellow hue) may be reserved for the Mach 1 only. I would be surprised if the GT and Ecoboost received any HP and/or torque improvements for the 2021 model year.
None of us have seen anything yet but didn't the 18' get a HP bump from 435 to 460. Do not rule anything out until we hear more.

Now a lot of folks went out and bought 17's because they did not like the new front end on the 18'. That's a good reason and many decided to do it. But until we actually see the 21 who knows.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC

I use CarPlay so sync 4 will do nothing for me.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Is the $3050 discount just your A/Z discount or does it include other rebates?
that was going to be my question. And do they lock in your rebates now or do they wait until the car actually arrives to lock in the pricing.
A/Z is ford employee/retired correct?
Sponsored