Just Leased My new GT

flubyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Oh YAAA,, please tell me a sick custom color to change my gauge
For example 2 Red 1 Blue 3 Green
5 Red 4 Green and 1 Blue gets you close to Triple Yellow colored lighting. Thats what I did for mine. Nice color choice and enjoy it!
Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Why is everyone ripping on his lease payment?
Is not MOST lease cases in the end your paying almost 1/2 of what car MSRP for?
He's just about that amount so what is the issue? guessing it's a 36 month lease?
You are all saying your paying less but your paying your $600 for double the time?

Meanwhile: your car is BEAUTIFUL and I love the color. Best of luck & ENJOY!

Ughhh... no. If you paid 1/2 of MSRP on a 36 month lease then something is wrong.

SneakySteed

@sneakysteed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium PP
Would like to hear what they gave you for a residual and money factor.

You mentioned MSRP, what was the net cap cost?

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
These cars lose value faster than most once you take it off the lot. Leasing is all about getting enough money out of leaser (actual word? :p) so that when they turn it in, it can still be sold at a profit.

bad example time
$32k car, after 3 years and x miles is projected to be worth $20k. The person with the lease would be expected to pay depreciation + little extra, lets say $15k over the lease term. That covers them if the car depreciates a more than expected, and gives them some wiggle room to make some money on the backend.

Since the mustang loses value pretty fast, you have to pay more on the lease (which is probably why a lot of lease companies aren't interested, the don't numbers to add up). Leasing is very rarely a good idea on any car to be honest. It was designed for company fleet vehicles until someone thought of letting everyone do it. It only works if you don't put on a lot of miles and change cars a lot. Accident = hosed. Over mileage = screwed. Interior didn't hold up = that'll cost ya. Crappy factory paint looks rough = ouch!.

Last edited:

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think a lot of factors go into resale, though. Region is a big one. For example, I used a 100 mile radius of Fullerton, CA (basically that town + radius encompasses SD, OC, LA, SoCal etc) and looked for 2015+ GT's under 30k. I found three, all priced between $30,000 and $29,977. Base auto, Base auto, and Premium auto w/ 30K miles from Hertz.

Sponsored

WHealy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Ford isn't subsidizing leasing. So some dealerships are just saying they aren't leasing because the payments aren't beneficial compared to subsidized conventional financing.

Either way, enjoy the new ride!

SneakySteed

@sneakysteed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium PP
These cars lose value faster than most once you take it off the lot. Leasing is all about getting enough money out of leaser (actual word? :p) so that when they turn it in, it can still be sold at a profit.

bad example time
$32k car, after 3 years and x miles is projected to be worth $20k. The person with the lease would be expected to pay depreciation + little extra, lets say $15k over the lease term. That covers them if the car depreciates a more than expected, and gives them some wiggle room to make some money on the backend.

Since the mustang loses value pretty fast, you have to pay more on the lease (which is probably why a lot of lease companies aren't interested, the don't numbers to add up). Leasing is very rarely a good idea on any car to be honest. It was designed for company fleet vehicles until someone thought of letting everyone do it. It only works if you don't put on a lot of miles and change cars a lot. Accident = hosed. Over mileage = screwed. Interior didn't hold up = that'll cost ya. Crappy factory paint looks rough = ouch!.
You really don't have a clue about leasing do you:lol:

OP
OP

TrippleYellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Uh, unless you are planning on purchasing the car after the lease, I wouldn't spend any money on accessories myself. They may not take the car back if it is modified for one and the other is it being an even bigger waste of money than buying stuff for the car you own, and I have wasted tons of money on mine. ;)

That is a beautiful car however. Love the color!
Thank you so much ! But, I am going to upgrade the car ! Not with engine upgrades cuz ill lose warranty ... Only aesthetic ones. Im new to the American car scene ... I just want people to tell me the cheapest websites to get cool exhaust, grille, led turn conversation kit, black emblems, rear lip, carbon fiber interior pieces/ annual shifter, and etc .. u get my point :)

anyways, heres a pic of my first car .. i had this car about 6 and half years ago... I wanna show u guys that i love making cars a nice theme
Probably not that cool of an audi today, but let me tell you six years ago this thing was turning heads... also was on of the first to have a light up emblem .. now Mercedes has them haha
gfWAMl5.jpg

CUdas3S.jpg

ZUXGOuo.jpg

HUq2ywH.png

OP
OP

TrippleYellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
i have a business too and tax write off for lease is about squat lol. writing off a lease is not as good as it nearly used to be. could be a state thing though but it's about next to pointless along with most write offs.
In my state its a huge write off.... Is that your car in your thumbnail I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME PICS OF IT... that thing looks so good :hail: :hail: :hail: and please tell me what you did

Sponsored

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lease is about right for a Mustang GT the money factor is something like 9-10% on a two year. residual is in the mid 60s

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
In my state its a huge write off.... Is that your car in your thumbnail I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME PICS OF IT... that thing looks so good :hail: :hail: :hail: and please tell me what you did
All mods are in my sig. Pics All over the forums lol. A lot in the co thread. Most recent in roush thread in exterior section and my install threads

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
For almost $600 a month i can get a really nice European sedan or coupe for that lease payment. Thats outrageous.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
You really don't have a clue about leasing do you:lol:
I actually think you don't. My explanation is simplistic but fairly accurate. I kept it simple for simpletons like you. :lol:Cars with a lower deprecation will be cheaper to lease vs a car with higher depreciation... welcome to basic economics.

A: The capitalized cost of your leased vehicle (sometimes known as the Lease Price) is the value of the vehicle at the beginning of your lease plus any additional fees that your lease issuer adds onto it. The capitalized cost of your lease is negotiable before your lease, and, like the purchase price of a car, you want to get the capitalized cost as low as possible, because doing so will help lower your monthly payments.
B: The residual value of your leased vehicle is what your leasing company expects the car to be worth at the end of your lease. They calculate residual values based on historical data and on the number of miles they expect you to drive your vehicle, which is usually 12,000 to 15,000 miles per year. Note, if you chose to buy your leased vehicle at the end of your lease, you often have the right to buy it at the residual value no matter what the car is actually worth on the open market at that time.
The important point to take away from this graphic is that much of your monthly lease payments go towards paying for the depreciation on your leased car. Consequently, the higher your lease company sets your Residual Value, the lower your monthly payments will be. When the residual value is set high, how much you pay per month can be substantially less than you would pay if you had purchased the vehicle instead of leasing it. For this reason, people sometimes lean towards leasing over buying, because leasing often allows a person to get a car for lower monthly payments than he or she could by purchasing it.
Sometimes, people like to think of leasing as buying part of a car. Only, the part of the car you are buying is the piece that the leasing company expects will depreciate away before the end of the lease.
For example, let’s say you have a three year lease with a Capitalized Cost of $25,000 and a Residual Value of $12,000.

http://www.ifsautoloans.com/car-leasing/
Sponsored