Sponsored

Just leaked... youtube with a time slip

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
They are actually wrong. Car was 100% stock, as delivered.

Evan
1st post if I’m reading correctly. You’ve had some killer times over the years. Maybe a few with camaros. ;-)
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Well the "ringer" theory just got tossed out by one of the little GM trolls that belong here and claim they're "just a car guy"

I forget his name here...the one with the convertible stingray.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
They are actually wrong. Car was 100% stock, as delivered.

Evan
I came across this thread and followed it more out of curiosity. Then this. BOOM! I never knew the Camaro6 guys existed. 6G has a lot of positive people.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I forgot to mention that Evan replied to my question about the 6 speed's time and he said he ran a 12.2 but felt like with more time he would've gotten into the 12.1x's.
12.2 in a stock 6spd is damn impressive.

Adkrs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Round 3. Let's see if this one stays lol

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
'19 Stang GT built around a Drag Race themed option list.
Just dreaming......

Adkrs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Well written/logged. Let's see what folks pick apart.

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
And with a 1.88 60' time. I've seen camaro's pull 1.6 to 1.7's on their 11 second runs. Might be more in the mustang still. Maybe a base GT with 10 speed and PP?

Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I appreciate how they documented everything they did with the car for the passes. That is damn impressive, even if it becomes "the hero run of all hero runs" still pretty damn impressive.

gt4urass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
The other threads are still on the forum, they just got moved to the same place that this one will inevitably be moved to...the drag race section.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Hi there

So it has being done, a bone stock 2018, stock tyres, full weight and a car fully optioned, active exhaust, mag ride, PP etc.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/1712-running-11s-with-a-factory-stock-2018-mustang-gt/

Needless to say it could go even quicker with the forged wheel option Ford will have available very soon.

Topic was already posted here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95416

Round 3. Let's see if this one stays lol

These threads have been moved to the Drag Racing section, where they belong. They aren't getting deleted.

Slow reaction time on launch as well.

Reaction time is irrelevant when it comes to a time slip. He can sit there eating a sandwich while reading a magazine and still make the same ET.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Reaction time is irrelevant when it comes to a time slip. He can sit there eating a sandwich while reading a magazine and still make the same ET.
True enough. What almost no one wants to ever talk about is the difference in ET versus who is driving - especially true with manual transmission cars. Not to mention altitude / humidity / track conditions. Way back when the LS powered 4th Gen F-Body's started to hit the local tracks, there were two identical Camaro SS. Only difference was color and driver.

A guy I know told his buddy "Hey that SS just ran 4 tenths faster than yours. Wonder what he's done to it?" A bit later, the driver of the SS in question walks up with a friend of mine. We're talking and the drive of the other T56 SS car says "Hey man I saw what you ran, what have you done to it?"

Guy looks at him funny. "Nothing."

The other SS owner could not believe it.

Now the variance with Auto cars should be less - but I've seen the same thing recently with a couple of Corvettes. The owner of the "slower" Vette flat out told the other guy he was lying and must have modded something. The guy responded with "Let me drive your car. If I can't get close to the same time slip, something has to be wrong with your car."

The guy left the track right after that.
Sponsored